Can Celts resign Green after this year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

Can Celts resign Green after this year

I know that the Cletics supposedly couldn't resign Perk after this year, but my question is, can they resign Green. That will really be what makes or breaks how good this trade will be.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dahc13. Show dahc13's posts

Re: Can Celts resign Green after this year

yes, hes restricted free agent

In Response to Can Celts resign Green after this year:
    I know that the Cletics supposedly couldn't resign Perk after this year, but my question is, can they resign Green. That will really be what makes or breaks how good this trade will be.
    Posted by nightrider495

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Good point? I think Ainge knew he needed to start making a transition away from the older guys. He has chased Green since he drafted him so I think he'll resign him. He must feel like the money given to Green and/or BBD is a better long term plan. Besides he'll just send KG, PP and RA to talk to Perk and he'll be back in green anyway.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

In Response to Re: Can Celts resign Green after this year:
    Good point? I think Ainge knew he needed to start making a transition away from the older guys. He has chased Green since he drafted him so I think he'll resign him. He must feel like the money given to Green and/or BBD is a better long term plan. Besides he'll just send KG, PP and RA to talk to Perk and he'll be back in green anyway.
    Posted by BiasLewis

Yeah, I agee with the youth movement of the deal.The Celts will be losing the big 3 in the next few years, so I think that was a big factor in this deal. We can't just lose all 3 and not start rebuilding before that happens. They would be in the same hole as before the stars aligned here. Who knows, maybe Ainge wants to go after Dwight Howard somehow.Time will tell as to how this deal unfolds. Like u said Bias, maybe Perk will be back.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Posted by BiasLewis

How has Danny "chased" him since the draft?  First I have heard of it.  What did I miss?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Well let's see he orignally drafted him and then got RA for him in a deal.

Now when he could've sent the same deal to Houston for Battier, instead he goes and gets Green who is younger.

BTW, Houston got Thabeet and a #1 for Battier. Who you take Thabeet over Perk and Nate?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Restricted free agent, if he doesnt help Celtics win he and Nenand then Celtics can not renew contracts taking 10 million off books...

Danny is a Salary Cap guy...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Posted by BiasLewis

Clearly bias you have no idea if Danny spent the last 3 and a half years 'chasing' Jeff Green. a fruitless task considering our limited to zero assets all while Green was a young top 5 pick widely being considered a part of OKC's future...

The money meanwhile HAS to go to Green, not Baby and we HAVE to make a run at Howard with a max offer... IF Perk is smart enough (and confident in his knee) to take a 1 year deal to try and raise his stats and get more $ in a summer everyone is clearing space for (and not a lockout summer) than he could be back if Howard rejects us.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Restricted free agent, if he doesnt help Celtics win he and Nenand then Celtics can not renew contracts taking 10 million off books... Danny is a Salary Cap guy...
    Posted by beavis

but he clearly won't do that and waste 5 years of a 20ppg SF's prime just to save Wyc cash next year when we'd still be over the cap, unable to sign anyone else, be looking to win a championship, etc.

Green will be resigned prob in the 5/45 or 5/50 type deal. Then run w/ Rondo for years and try and recruit Howard to come to Boston.

Sections
Shortcuts