Can Faverani play with these "legit, real man" NBA centers?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wicksandrowe. Show wicksandrowe's posts

Can Faverani play with these "legit, real man" NBA centers?

Sanders, Bogut, P. Gasol, Noah, Chandler, Varejao, McGee, Perkins, Jefferson, Hawes?

Check their comparative stats on NBA.com against Faverani's. 

What you'll find is that 1. Fav's numbers are perfectly fitting, and that 2. they are better than half of these "real men."

If PG and SG stacked up as well against their "legit" NBA counterparts, things woud be a little bit rosier around here.

As it stands the center position is looking remarkably NBA competent. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: Can Faverani play with these

1. Fav has not gone up against any of the real big men you listed above except for Sanders

2. What type of dope are you smoking to have a list that has Perkins & Hawes, but not Howard, Cousins or Lopez?

3. Fav is a stat stuffer. Just ask Gerald Wallace

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

Absolutely.  His numbers will be consistant because he out works most everyone on the floor like a Varejao.  Will he put up huge numbers?  No.  But I think he is out performing what anyone thought he would play.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wicksandrowe. Show wicksandrowe's posts

In response to R9R's comment:
    [QUOTE]

1. Fav has not gone up against any of the real big men you listed above except for Sanders

2. What type of dope are you smoking to have a list that has Perkins & Hawes, but not Howard, Cousins or Lopez?

[/QUOTE]

Listen, dip-****, implying that my observation and interpretation of factual information is nothing more than a dope-smoker's pipe-dream is unwarranted, insulting, and juvenile, something a dip-**** would do.

Let me try once to explain that the list was not meant to be exhaustive. You should know that by who was on it. The list is a mix of NBA centers, established NBA centers. The assumption is made that if a center is established and identifiable as a starting NBA center, then he is a "legit" NBA center. And that's what this list is, a smattering of "legit" NBA centers.

The reason I haven't listed, arguably the three BEST centers in the league, should also be evident, but I'll explain that for you, too. The point has never been to claim that Vitor Faverani is the equal of the BEST centers in the NBA. I, nor no one else, has made that claim at all. You seem to think that if Faverani is not comparable to Howard, Brooks, and Cousins, then he is not a "legit" center. And that make no sense whatsoever.

Lastly, concerning who Faverani has played and not played against. Given the limits of space and time, Faverani, in four games, has played against Valanciunas, Sanders, Pachulia, Drummond, M. Gasol. It would defy the laws of physics if, at this point, he'd have played againt more. 

Drummond is the wunderkind new kid on the block, Sanders is the $44,000,000 man, and M. Gasol is a Defensve Player of the Year and maybe the other best center candidate.

That's who Faverani has posted his averages against.

And if Bradley could get over an occasional screen and Bass or Bradley could rotate down when they were supposed to, opposing centers offensive numbers woud be even lower. Apparently you're not noticing, but guys aren't scoring on Faverani head to head.

And why place Hawes on this list? The best stat line of them all belongs to Hawes!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to melswitt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to R9R's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agreed...Fav isn't a bad guy and eventually could be a decent Center but right now the jury SHOULD be out on this guy and NO ONE knows where or if he'll land on the starting Center continuum...my OPINION....and that's what it is...is no, he's a career backup Center...unless the NBA sucks toe jam.

[/QUOTE]

I agree... except who the heck knows in an NBA where Perkins, Dalembert and Spencer Hawes are starting centers

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

ANSWER: NOPE!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

I am very impressed by Sully & KO. Tonights performance proved that they'll be very good NBA players for years.

Imagine Sully less 20 pounds of flab, and KO plus 20 pounds of strength.

Sections
Shortcuts