CAN NOT WAIT TO SEE KG VS. GASOL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Re: CAN NOT WAIT TO SEE KG VS. GASOL

Ha Ha...

Larry Bird?  Assists? Surrounded by better players so he gets more assists, or is it less assists, I don't get it.

I believe the discussion had to do with a KG going 20-10 and 5 for more seasons than anyone in NBA history. I don't get it.

By the way, Larry is a better player than KG.

Players abilities are gauged every time they play, especially when they dominate other players. To be a starter in the All star game at all says that the player is at least very good  or dominant. In addition when one starting all-star destroys another starting all star, people sit up and take notice. I don't understand why that is stupid. And I don't understand why you bother talking to us mere mortals if what we say is "stupid".

Using words like stupid and ridiculous are personal attacks.  If you don't get it then maybe that is the problem.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: CAN NOT WAIT TO SEE KG VS. GASOL:
    [QUOTE]Ha Ha... Larry Bird?  Assists? Surrounded by better players so he gets more assists, or is it less assists, I don't get it. I believe the discussion had to do with a KG going 20-10 and 5 for more seasons than anyone in NBA history. I don't get it. By the way, Larry is a better player than KG. Players abilities are gauged every time they play, especially when they dominate other players. To be a starter in the All star game at all says that the player is at least very good  or dominant. In addition when one starting all-star destroys another starting all star, people sit up and take notice. I don't understand why that is stupid. And I don't understand why you bother talking to us mere mortals if what we say is "stupid". Using words like stupid and ridiculous are personal attacks.  If you don't get it then maybe that is the problem.
    Posted by TeamUmbutu[/QUOTE]

Clearly you are Jump-ball-overtime.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Ha ha, Shouting louder and repeating yourself is just that. Try other tactics, they may work. I can't wait for Spurs-Celtics, it should be fun. It will also be great to see Lakers-Celtics. While I don't think that Tim is on KG's revenge tour, like Gasol, KG will be up for the game just because.
    Posted by Jump-ball-overtime[/QUOTE]

Ha ha, TeamUbuntu?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Ha Ha... Larry Bird?  Assists? Surrounded by better players so he gets more assists, or is it less assists, I don't get it. I believe the discussion had to do with a KG going 20-10 and 5 for more seasons than anyone in NBA history. I don't get it. By the way, Larry is a better player than KG. Players abilities are gauged every time they play, especially when they dominate other players. To be a starter in the All star game at all says that the player is at least very good  or dominant. In addition when one starting all-star destroys another starting all star, people sit up and take notice. I don't understand why that is stupid. And I don't understand why you bother talking to us mere mortals if what we say is "stupid". Using words like stupid and ridiculous are personal attacks.  If you don't get it then maybe that is the problem.

I agree 100% that Larry Bird is better than KG. When Larry Bird got 20-10-5 he won 3 championships. KG going 20-10-5 for a lot of seasons didn't even result in a Finals appearance.

Again, does destroying Vince Carter in an All-Star game make KG a better player than Tim Duncan?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

I think Duncan dominating both Ben Wallace and Rasheed Wallace in Game 7 of the 2005 NBA Finals has more significance than KG dominating Vince Carter in an All-Star game, don't you think?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Is Bill Russell remembered for what he did in All-Star games?

When Larry Bird retired was his All-Star game performance the greatest achievement of his career? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoraG1. Show NoraG1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CAN NOT WAIT TO SEE KG VS. GASOL : Is Bill Russell remembered for what he did in All-Star games? When Larry Bird retired was his All-Star game performance the greatest achievement of his career? 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Um just because someone mentions it and remebers an All Star game does not mean that is what KG is remembered for. I don't know where you have been but he has done more then that. Alot more. I guess Karl Malone and Barkley are not that great but Derrick Fisher and such players are better because he has rings. Rings are not everything.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In addition when one starting all-star destroys another starting all star, people sit up and take notice.

Sit down or stand up? 

I mean you can't be serious about people doing sit ups when watching the All-Star game, right?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Ha Ha,

You are clearly seeking Paul Pierce. Paul, is that you?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CAN NOT WAIT TO SEE KG VS. GASOL : Um just because someone mentions it and remebers an All Star game does not mean that is what KG is remembered for. I don't know where you have been but he has done more then that. Alot more. I guess Karl Malone and Barkley are not that great but Derrick Fisher and such players are better because he has rings. Rings are not everything.
    Posted by NoraG1[/QUOTE]

According to Jump-ball-overtime/TeamUbuntu KG is better than Duncan because he destroyed Vince Carter in an All-Star game. You agree with that?

Rings are not everything? If that's so then why are KG, PP, Ray, Doc, and Shaq trying so hard to win one this season?

Shaq already has 4 rings but he wants 1 more. Why?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Ha Ha, You are clearly seeking Paul Pierce. Paul, is that you?

Again, you're being ridiculous. You say I resort to personal attacks. Look at your latest post, "Paul, is that you?" Are you mocking me?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Paul, you are an exceptional player, however, KG is better.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Paul, I have always wanted to ask you the following questions.
    Did it bother you when KG scored more points in the 2008 play-offs that you did?

I know that you got the finals MVP, and the regular season scoring lead was that enough?

Do you thank God every day for KG, or do you curse your luck for having him on the team?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

KEVIN GARNETT HAS LIVED UP TO ALL EXPECTATIONS AS A CELTIC, 4 YEARS INTO HIS CONTRACT, HE HAS EARNED EVERY PENNY. I'M GLAD HE'S SIGNED FOR NEXT SEASON AND HOPE HE EXTENDS....

YES, THE GASOL/KG MATCHUP IS GOING TO BE GREAT !

BUT I CANT WAIT TO SEE ORLANDO ON CHRISTMAS

GETTING TURKULU BACK IS BAD NEWS FOR THE CELTICS, HE IS WAY MORE DANGEROUS THAN WINCE CARTER EVER WAS.....RASHARD LEWIS WILL NOT BE MISSED, JASON RICHARDSON AND AGENT ZERO GIVE ORLANDO SOME SERIOUS FIREPOWER !!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

PHX

It is refreshing to see people that appreciate KG. The cult meeting started a long time ago.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]PHX It is refreshing to see people that appreciate KG. The cult meeting started a long time ago.

Telling Celtic fans that KG is a better player than Tim Duncan is appreciating KG?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Paul, I have always wanted to ask you the following questions. Did it bother you when KG scored more points in the 2008 play-offs that you did? I know that you got the finals MVP, and the regular season scoring lead was that enough? Do you thank God every day for KG, or do you curse your luck for having him on the team?

Again, this is not about KG and Paul Pierce. Without KG the Celtics and Pierce will not win a championship. Clear enough?

I thought our debate was about Tim Duncan and KG. What gives?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Paul, you are an exceptional player, however, KG is better.

I agree, KG is a big man, so he's more valuable than a SG or a SF.

It was not I that said a number of times that the Celtics' best player is Paul Pierce, it was Doc Rivers who said that.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/542791-top-25-players-in-boston-celtics-history-where-does-paul-pierce-rank/page/2

25) Bill Walton
    24) Tom Sanders
    23) Frank Ramsey
    22) Reggie Lewis???
    21) K.C. Jones
    20) Donny The Boy Nelson
    19) Jungle Jim??
    18) Cedric Maxwell
    17) Easy Ed???
    16) Bill Sharman (Thank you Bill)
    15) Ray Allen (what?)
    14) Kevin Garnett
    13) Rajon Rondo (some people like him)
    12) Dennis Johnson
    11) Big Red Dave Cowans
    10) Sam Jones
    9) Mr Cousy
    8) Tommy Gun Heinsohn
    7) Jo Jo White
    6) Parish
    5) McHale 
    4) Paul Pierce
    3) Mr Havlicek
    2) Larry
    1) Mr Russell

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/196366-top-ten-nba-power-forwards-of-all-time-is-tim-duncan-1

3. Kevin Garnett (1995-present)

For a long time Kevin Garnett has been one of the NBA’s most productive players. 

Before last year, the only knock on Garnett had been that he had never taken his team won a championship. 

Last year, though, Garnett turned the Celtics’ franchise around and led them to their 17th NBA title. Now, there is nothing holding him back from being named as one of the NBA’s top all-time power forwards. 

Garnett has posted career averages of 20.2 points, 11.1 rebounds and 4.3 assists, winning one MVP, a Defensive Player of the Year, and being named to twelve All-Star games along the way. 

Beyond his statistics, Garnett is one of the most intense players of all-time, bringing outstanding effort and unmatched desire every time he takes the court.

2. Karl Malone (1985-2004)

Karl Malone was one of the toughest players for me to rank. It was hard for me to rank a player this high who never won a championship. 

At the end of the day, though, Karl Malone was one of the most consistent, durable performers in NBA history, a guy who his team could always count on to contribute his career averages of 25.0 points and 10.1 rebounds. He was a fourteen-time All-Star, a two-time MVP, and a fourteen-time All-NBA player. 

His not winning a title is even somewhat excusable, as he played ruing the Jordan era, when the Bulls were hogging all the titles. 

He played the second most minutes in NBA history, and retired as the second greatest scorer in league history.

1. Tim Duncan (1997-present)

Though a lot of people may not appreciate his bland style, everyone has to respect Tim Duncan’s consistency and penchant for winning. 

Duncan has been a winner since his first year in the league, when he orchestrated what, at the time, was the largest single-season turnaround in NBA history. Since then, Duncan has led the Spurs to four championships, and been his eras greatest big man. 

Quietly, Duncan dominates on both ends of the floor. He kills opposing teams with his scoring and underrated passing offensively, and completely controls the paint on defense. 

Duncan has amassed incredible individual accolades along the way, including eleven trips to the All-Star game, two NBA MVP’s, 12 All-NBA teams and twelve All-Defensive Teams.

By being so consistent and such a great winner, Duncan has left no doubt that he is the NBA’s greatest power forward ever.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

How about that, Jump-ball-overtime/TeamUbuntu, I found an article that says Tim Duncan is the best PF in the history of the NBA. 

And I can't believe KG is only 14th on the list of Top 25 Celtic Greats.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LightSaber. Show LightSaber's posts

[QUOTE]Paul, you are an exceptional player, however, KG is better.

Both of you were already out of topic when you started arguing about Timmy and KG. But when you shifted from Timmy versus KG to Paul Pierce versus KG your credibility went down the drain in an instant. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoraG1. Show NoraG1's posts

[QUOTE]http://bleacherreport.com/articles/196366-top-ten-nba-power-forwards-of-all-time-is-tim-duncan-1 3. Kevin Garnett (1995-present)   For a long time Kevin Garnett has been one of the NBA’s most productive players.    Before last year, the only knock on Garnett had been that he had never taken his team won a championship.    Last year, though, Garnett turned the Celtics’ franchise around and led them to their 17th NBA title. Now, there is nothing holding him back from being named as one of the NBA’s top all-time power forwards.    Garnett has posted career averages of 20.2 points, 11.1 rebounds and 4.3 assists, winning one MVP, a Defensive Player of the Year, and being named to twelve All-Star games along the way.    Beyond his statistics, Garnett is one of the most intense players of all-time, bringing outstanding effort and unmatched desire every time he takes the court.       2. Karl Malone (1985-2004)   Karl Malone was one of the toughest players for me to rank. It was hard for me to rank a player this high who never won a championship.    At the end of the day, though, Karl Malone was one of the most consistent, durable performers in NBA history, a guy who his team could always count on to contribute his career averages of 25.0 points and 10.1 rebounds. He was a fourteen-time All-Star, a two-time MVP, and a fourteen-time All-NBA player.    His not winning a title is even somewhat excusable, as he played ruing the Jordan era, when the Bulls were hogging all the titles.    He played the second most minutes in NBA history, and retired as the second greatest scorer in league history.       1. Tim Duncan (1997-present)   Though a lot of people may not appreciate his bland style, everyone has to respect Tim Duncan’s consistency and penchant for winning.    Duncan has been a winner since his first year in the league, when he orchestrated what, at the time, was the largest single-season turnaround in NBA history. Since then, Duncan has led the Spurs to four championships, and been his eras greatest big man.    Quietly, Duncan dominates on both ends of the floor. He kills opposing teams with his scoring and underrated passing offensively, and completely controls the paint on defense.    Duncan has amassed incredible individual accolades along the way, including eleven trips to the All-Star game, two NBA MVP’s, 12 All-NBA teams and twelve All-Defensive Teams. By being so consistent and such a great winner, Duncan has left no doubt that he is the NBA’s greatest power forward ever.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

A bleacher report blog article. Well, if they say KG is 3rd best then he must be.  They are obviously an authority on all things NBA. Give me a break

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoraG1. Show NoraG1's posts

[QUOTE]http://bleacherreport.com/articles/542791-top-25-players-in-boston-celtics-history-where-does-paul-pierce-rank/page/2 25) Bill Walton 24) Tom Sanders 23) Frank Ramsey 22) Reggie Lewis??? 21) K.C. Jones 20) Donny The Boy Nelson 19) Jungle Jim?? 18) Cedric Maxwell 17) Easy Ed??? 16) Bill Sharman (Thank you Bill) 15) Ray Allen (what?) 14) Kevin Garnett 13) Rajon Rondo (some people like him) 12) Dennis Johnson 11) Big Red Dave Cowans 10) Sam Jones 9) Mr Cousy 8) Tommy Gun Heinsohn 7) Jo Jo White 6) Parish 5) McHale  4)  Paul Pierce 3) Mr Havlicek 2) Larry 1) Mr Russell
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Pierce is 4th best based on how long he has been with the Celtics

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CAN NOT WAIT TO SEE KG VS. GASOL : Pierce is 4th best based on how long he has been with the Celtics
    Posted by NoraG1[/QUOTE]

If you know how to read then...

Paul Pierce has only won one championship for the Celtics, but he has been the face of the franchise since he was drafted out of the University of Kansas in 1998.

Pierce has the most three-pointers made in Celtics history and is third overall in scoring, behind only John Havlicek and Larry Bird.

Pierce could have left the team at a couple different points during his career. He even had an opportunity to return to his hometown of Los Angeles to play for the Clippers or Lakers this offseason.

But, he stayed loyal to the Celtics, and someday his No. 34 jersey will hang 

Sections
Shortcuts