CAN NOT WAIT TO SEE KG VS. GASOL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: CAN NOT WAIT TO SEE KG VS. GASOL

In Response to Re: CAN NOT WAIT TO SEE KG VS. GASOL:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: CAN NOT WAIT TO SEE KG VS. GASOL : A bleacher report blog article. Well, if they say KG is 3rd best then he must be.  They are obviously an authority on all things NBA. Give me a break
    Posted by NoraG1[/QUOTE]

At least I found one article that said Tim Duncan is the best PF in NBA history.

I tried looking for an article that had KG as the #1 PF in NBA history, I couldn't find one.

One is better than none, right?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Merry Christmas everyone.

Here is an interesting viewpoint by someone else comparing Duncan and KG after he was traded to the Celtics.

http://obeese.wordpress.com/2007/12/22/kevin-garnett-vs-tim-duncan-the-great-debate/

Kevin Garnett vs. Tim Duncan: The Great Debate Rages On

The debate has been renewed since Garnett was traded to Boston for a package of 7 players and future draft picks July 31st, 2007.

KG vs. TD.

In a way, this is the modern day version of www.nba.com/history/players/chamberlain_stats.html" target="_blank">Wilt vs. www.celticstats.com/player/billrussell.html" target="_blank">Russell

Both are giants who own the paint.  Their defense and rebounding are renowned throughout the basketball world.  They’ve battled head-to-head for years.  One has the championships, the other the better numbers.  One has spent his entire career as the face of his franchise, the other has finally found himself teamed up with a cast of characters worthy of his greatness. 

The difference this time: the Celtic isn’t the winner.

That is not to say that KG is a loser, he simply hasn’t won it all.  Like Wilt, there is no denying his greatness; just watch one game and you will understand Garnett.  He is a dominant player, a dominant personality, and the de facto captain no matter what the media guide tells us about the Celtics being Paul Pierce’s team.

The twist in the comparison is this: while Duncan emulates Russell by having already won 4 NBA championships and 3 Finals MVPs for the game’s most recent dynasty, his defense and team-first style perfectly parallels that of Kevin Garnett. 

This has always led folks to wonder, if we simply switched the two players, would the results be the same or different?

I say the results would be eerily similar, as no one man can win a championship by himself.  The precursor to this comparison proves that point–Wilt Chamberlain, the man who put up 30 points, 23 rebounds, and 4 and a half assists per game over his career, the man who averaged a whopping 48.5 minutes and 50.4 points per game in the 1961-62 season, could not do it alone.  (Unfortunately steals and blocks were not recorded as official NBA statistics until after Wilt and Russell’s careers ended, so the defensive part of the debate is much more difficult to quantify statistically.)

There really is no definitive answer in this debate; this is not like Brady vs. Manning, where both are great, but one has proven he can elevate lesser surrounding talent to championship levels OR take his team to historic dominance when supplied with comparable talent.  This debate features two equally talented, sure-fire Hall-of-Famers: one who has won with great teams and one who has toiled in mediocrity for the majority of his professional life.

The beauty of this debate is that we don’t yet have to come to a conclusion, the battle still rages on.  After a reprisal from basketball purgatory, Garnett finds himself leading the Boston Celtics to an NBA-best record of 21-3, with a legitimate chance to meet up with Duncan’s Spurs in this year’s Finals. 

Now that The Big Ticket and The Big Fundamentals find themselves competing in a fair fight, the only real justice would be for the two greatest power forwards of their generation to meet in June and finally settle this debate once and for all.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tachometrix. Show Tachometrix's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CAN NOT WAIT TO SEE KG VS. GASOL : Pierce is 4th best based on how long he has been with the Celtics
    Posted by NoraG1[/QUOTE]

Whether Pierce being 4th on that list is valid or not that article is not based on how long those players played for the Celtics. Otherwise Bill Walton would not even have qualified as a candidate for that list.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tachometrix. Show Tachometrix's posts

[QUOTE]Merry Christmas everyone. Here is an interesting viewpoint by someone else comparing Duncan and KG after he was traded to the Celtics. http://obeese.wordpress.com/2007/12/22/kevin-garnett-vs-tim-duncan-the-great-debate/ Kevin Garnett vs. Tim Duncan: The Great Debate Rages On The debate has been renewed since Garnett was traded to Boston for a package of 7 players and future draft picks July 31st, 2007. KG vs. TD . In a way, this is the modern day version of www.nba.com/history/players/chamberlain_stats.html " target="_blank" /> Wilt vs. www.celticstats.com/player/billrussell.html " target="_blank"> Russell .  Both are giants who own the paint.  Their defense and rebounding are renowned throughout the basketball world.  They’ve battled head-to-head for years.  One has the championships, the other the better numbers.  One has spent his entire career as the face of his franchise, the other has finally found himself teamed up with a cast of characters worthy of his greatness.  The difference this time: the Celtic isn’t the winner. That is not to say that KG is a loser, he simply hasn’t won it all .  Like Wilt, there is no denying his greatness; just watch one game and you will understand Garnett.  He is a dominant player, a dominant personality, and the de facto captain no matter what the media guide tells us about the Celtics being Paul Pierce’s team. The twist in the comparison is this: while Duncan emulates Russell by having already won 4 NBA championships and 3 Finals MVPs for the game’s most recent dynasty, his defense and team-first style perfectly parallels that of Kevin Garnett.  This has always led folks to wonder, if we simply switched the two players, would the results be the same or different? I say the results would be eerily similar, as no one man can win a championship by himself.  The precursor to this comparison proves that point–Wilt Chamberlain, the man who put up 30 points, 23 rebounds, and 4 and a half assists per game over his career, the man who averaged a whopping 48.5 minutes and 50.4 points per game in the 1961-62 season, could not do it alone.  (Unfortunately steals and blocks were not recorded as official NBA statistics until after Wilt and Russell’s careers ended, so the defensive part of the debate is much more difficult to quantify statistically.) There really is no definitive answer in this debate; this is not like Brady vs. Manning, where both are great, but one has proven he can elevate lesser surrounding talent to championship levels OR take his team to historic dominance when supplied with comparable talent.  This debate features two equally talented, sure-fire Hall-of-Famers: one who has won with great teams and one who has toiled in mediocrity for the majority of his professional life. The beauty of this debate is that we don’t yet have to come to a conclusion, the battle still rages on.  After a reprisal from basketball purgatory, Garnett finds himself leading the Boston Celtics to an NBA-best record of 21-3, with a legitimate chance to meet up with Duncan’s Spurs in this year’s Finals.  Now that The Big Ticket and The Big Fundamentals find themselves competing in a fair fight, the only real justice would be for the two greatest power forwards of their generation to meet in June and finally settle this debate once and for all.
    Posted by Jump-ball-overtime[/QUOTE]

You already posted that article more than two times and it still doesn't say that KG is the better overall player than Tim Duncan.

It's still December, it's too early to proclaim the Spurs are already better than the Lakers or the Mavs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tachometrix. Show Tachometrix's posts

Jump or TeamUbuntu or NoraG1, 

You should be ashamed of yourself. I just double checked that article, it was written December 22, 2007. OMG!!!

You're a fraud! 

You have the nerve to imply that "the battle rages on" is for 2011???

I can't believe you're using an article that was written 3 years ago. Man, you are such a juvenile.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoraG1. Show NoraG1's posts

[QUOTE]Jump or TeamUbuntu or NoraG1,  You should be ashamed of yourself. I just double checked that article, it was written December 22, 2007. OMG!!! You're a fraud!  You have the nerve to imply that "the battle rages on" is for 2011??? I can't believe you're using an article that was written 3 years ago. Man, you are such a juvenile.
    Posted by Tachometrix[/QUOTE]

Just because people don't agree with you does not mean they are the same person. But you do sound alot like P34 too.  I did not post this article. The article is still relevant though really Both players are on goood teams are they not?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoraG1. Show NoraG1's posts

[QUOTE]Jump or TeamUbuntu or NoraG1,  You should be ashamed of yourself. I just double checked that article, it was written December 22, 2007. OMG!!! You're a fraud!  You have the nerve to imply that "the battle rages on" is for 2011??? I can't believe you're using an article that was written 3 years ago. Man, you are such a juvenile.
    Posted by Tachometrix[/QUOTE]

So this argument can only be for 2008? If you belive that then you need to grow up

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoraG1. Show NoraG1's posts

Enjoy arguing with yourselves. You guys are a waste of time arguing and nitpicking with. I would rather discuss things with reasonable people

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tachometrix. Show Tachometrix's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CAN NOT WAIT TO SEE KG VS. GASOL : Just because people don't agree with you does not mean they are the same person. But you do sound alot like P34 too.  I did not post this article. The article is still relevant though really Both players are on goood teams are they not?
    Posted by NoraG1[/QUOTE]

Now that The Big Ticket and The Big Fundamentals find themselves competing in a fair fight, the only real justice would be for the two greatest power forwards of their generation to meet in June and finally settle this debate once and for all.

The article is used to mislead people into thinking that it's contemporary. I don't think you're blind, so I know you can see how that last paragraph was highlighted. It implies that KG and Duncan will meet in June of 2011. 

The relevance of that article expired when the Spurs got eliminated in 2008 by the Lakers. I don't think the one who wrote that article was talking about 2011. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tachometrix. Show Tachometrix's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CAN NOT WAIT TO SEE KG VS. GASOL : So this argument can only be for 2008? If you belive that then you need to grow up
    Posted by NoraG1[/QUOTE]

It's you that needs to grow up if you actually believe that the one who wrote that article had 2011 in mind.

The beauty of this debate is that we don’t yet have to come to a conclusion, the battle still rages on.  After a reprisal from basketball purgatory, Garnett finds himself leading the Boston Celtics to an NBA-best record of 21-3, with a legitimate chance to meet up with Duncan’s Spurs in this year’s Finals

Were the Celtics ever 21-3 this 2010-11 season?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tachometrix. Show Tachometrix's posts

[QUOTE]Enjoy arguing with yourselves. You guys are a waste of time arguing and nitpicking with. I would rather discuss things with reasonable people
    Posted by NoraG1[/QUOTE]

I find that hard to believe. You only have 22 posts and 13 of them are in this thread. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Merry Christmas everyone. Here is an interesting viewpoint by someone else comparing Duncan and KG after he was traded to the Celtics. http://obeese.wordpress.com/2007/12/22/kevin-garnett-vs-tim-duncan-the-great-debate/ Kevin Garnett vs. Tim Duncan: The Great Debate Rages On The debate has been renewed since Garnett was traded to Boston for a package of 7 players and future draft picks July 31st, 2007. KG vs. TD . In a way, this is the modern day version of www.nba.com/history/players/chamberlain_stats.html " target="_blank" /> Wilt vs. www.celticstats.com/player/billrussell.html " target="_blank"> Russell .  Both are giants who own the paint.  Their defense and rebounding are renowned throughout the basketball world.  They’ve battled head-to-head for years.  One has the championships, the other the better numbers.  One has spent his entire career as the face of his franchise, the other has finally found himself teamed up with a cast of characters worthy of his greatness.  The difference this time: the Celtic isn’t the winner. That is not to say that KG is a loser, he simply hasn’t won it all .  Like Wilt, there is no denying his greatness; just watch one game and you will understand Garnett.  He is a dominant player, a dominant personality, and the de facto captain no matter what the media guide tells us about the Celtics being Paul Pierce’s team. The twist in the comparison is this: while Duncan emulates Russell by having already won 4 NBA championships and 3 Finals MVPs for the game’s most recent dynasty, his defense and team-first style perfectly parallels that of Kevin Garnett.  This has always led folks to wonder, if we simply switched the two players, would the results be the same or different? I say the results would be eerily similar, as no one man can win a championship by himself.  The precursor to this comparison proves that point–Wilt Chamberlain, the man who put up 30 points, 23 rebounds, and 4 and a half assists per game over his career, the man who averaged a whopping 48.5 minutes and 50.4 points per game in the 1961-62 season, could not do it alone.  (Unfortunately steals and blocks were not recorded as official NBA statistics until after Wilt and Russell’s careers ended, so the defensive part of the debate is much more difficult to quantify statistically.) There really is no definitive answer in this debate; this is not like Brady vs. Manning, where both are great, but one has proven he can elevate lesser surrounding talent to championship levels OR take his team to historic dominance when supplied with comparable talent.  This debate features two equally talented, sure-fire Hall-of-Famers: one who has won with great teams and one who has toiled in mediocrity for the majority of his professional life. The beauty of this debate is that we don’t yet have to come to a conclusion, the battle still rages on.  After a reprisal from basketball purgatory, Garnett finds himself leading the Boston Celtics to an NBA-best record of 21-3, with a legitimate chance to meet up with Duncan’s Spurs in this year’s Finals.  Now that The Big Ticket and The Big Fundamentals find themselves competing in a fair fight, the only real justice would be for the two greatest power forwards of their generation to meet in June and finally settle this debate once and for all.

You're despicable!

I can't believe I fell for that article.

You just went from stupid and ridiculous to being a sham.

An article from December 22, 2007, really? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Parochial point of view.

This sounds like "I know you are but what am I", that I heard in grade school.

Do you have intelligence, or is it only emotion? As you refuse to admit that the difference between KG and Duncan may be due to a difference in drafting order, and that KG may be as good as Duncan or maybebetter, due to the quality of team that each was on, until KG joined the Celtics, then their must be a serious reason for your argument that has not been stated. I have never said that KG was better than Duncan. You have said that I have said so, but the the fact is, that it was you have said that I have said that KG is better than Duncan. Blogging threads don't lie. 

What is the real reason, Celtics fan?

Some day KG will probably be considered as number 1, or number 1a, or number 1b if the Cs win more Championships. Both Duncan and KG have been amaising player to watch, especially when they play each other. 

By the way, in the Christmas day game, KG put up some pretty good offense against Howard, the guy that covered him most of the game. How did Howard do again with Shaq, Baby, Jermaine and KG guarding him? 

I suggest that you continue trying to make the case that me and some other person are the same person. It is all that you have left. Continue to over state my discussion, continue to try to make emotional points. Some people may even consider it a cogent argument.

"Ha Ha".

Jump Ball Overtime

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ac-7080874

5. Bob Pettit- Pettit was the first major star at this position. His statistics are absolutely amazing, and they go to show just how dominant he was during the late 1950's and early 1960's. Pettit is the only player in the history of the league to average more than 20 points per game in every season of his career. The high point of his career came in 1958, when he led his Hawks past Bill Russell's Celtics in the NBA Finals.

4. Charles Barkley- "Sir Charles" played the game his own way, and that is what makes him one of the best in history. Barkley is definitely the shortest player on this list, but he knew how to use his powerful body. Barkley was an 11 time All-Star, and he averaged 22.1 points per game during his career. Additionally, he was the leading scorer for the 1992 Dream Team, which was the best basketball team ever assembled.

3. Kevin Garnett(notes)- You don't get called "The Big Ticket" if you aren't one of the best players of your era. Garnett transformed the way the power forward position was played during the 2000's. Garnett's intensity on the floor is unmatched in today's game, and his defense changes the game on a regular basis. In 2008, he was the leader of the team as the Celtics won their 17th NBA Championship.

2. Karl Malone- I typically don't rank a player so highly if they never won an NBA Title, but Malone deserves this spot on the list. He was the MVP of the NBA two times, and he made it to the All-Star game 14 times during his career. Malone averaged 25 points per game during his career, and he remains the second leading scorer in league history.

1. Tim Duncan(notes)- I appreciate the accomplishments of everyone on this list, but Tim Duncan is definitely the best overall power forward in the history of the NBA. If you are looking for a player who can do it all on a consistent basis, then Duncan is your man. He is the most fundamentally sound basketball player you will ever find, and those fundamentals have led to four NBA Championships. Duncan is an underrated passer and a terrific rebounder. In his 13 years in the NBA, he has never averaged less than 18 points and 10 rebounds per game in a single season. He is clearly the best ever at this position.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Gasol made his reputation by playing well against a diminished KG last year. Before he was injured, KG alway ate Gasol's lunch. The 2008 finals are a good example of their previous encounters. The two great power forwards of this era have been KG and Duncan. However, Duncan is really a Center that wants to be known as a power forward, just like KG likes to be known as 6' 11' instead of his real 7'1". Even against Duncan, a true center, KG has usually gotten the best of the match-up. While Duncan has more championships, I think that most Celtic and Wolves fans would view this as more of an accident of the NBA draft, than superior play by Duncan. Gasol who?

And now you're saying that you never said that KG is better than Duncan?

That it's because of the drafting order?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Here's another link for the Top 5 NBA PFs of All Time

Starting off at number 5 “Sir” Charles Barkley.  At only standing 6′5″ and being a force in the paint is amazing just at that. He played for 3 different teams Philiadelphia 76er’s from 1984-1992, Phoenix Suns from 1992-1996, and the Houston Rockets from 1996-2000. He was an 11 time All Star 1987-1997. 5 time NBA 1st team 1988-1991, and 1993. 5 time NBA 2nd team 86′, 87′, 92′, 94′, 95′ and NBA 3rd team once in 1996. He was on the All Rookie team in 1985, All Star game MVP 1991. He was also named to the 50th Anniversary All-Time Team. He averaged throughout his career 22.1 points 11.7 rebounds and 3.9 assits.

At number 4 we have Elvin “Big E” Hayes. He played for 2 teams Houston Rockets and Washington Bullets from 1968-1984. He played in 12 straight All Star games, was on the 1st and 2nd all NBA team 3 times each. He was on the NBA 2nd Defensive team twice and was on the all rookie team in 1968. He only missed 2 games in his whole 16 year career. He averaged 20.9 points and 12.5 rebounds in his career.

Number 3 is Bob Pettit. He played for one team his whole career the Milwaukee/St. Louis Hawks from 1954-1965. The Milwaukee/St. Louis Hawks later became the Atlanta Hawks of now a days NBA. He was an 11 time All Star, 4 time All Star game MVP, 2 time NBA MVP, and a one time NBA Championship. He was named to the 25th, 35th, and 50th Anniversary All-Time team. He was on the All NBA 1st team an astonishing 10 straight times and the 2nd team once. Not to mention he won the scoring title 2 times as a Power Forward. He also won the Rookie of the Year award in 1955. He averaged 20.4 points and 13.8 rebounds in his career.

In at number 2 we have the “Mailman” Karl Malone. He played for the Utah Jazz from 1985-2003 and the L.A. Lakers in 2003-2004. He was a 2 time league MVP once in 1997 and the other in 1999. He was voted to the All Star game 13 times 1988-1998 and in 2000 and 2001. Voted to the NBA 1st team 11 times from 1989 to 1999 and to the 2nd team twice 1999 and 2000, also to the 3rd team once in 2001. He was on the all Defensive team 3 times and to the 2nd team once. He was on the all rookie team in 1986 and he was also the MVP of the All Star game two time. He was elected to the NBA Hall of Fame in 2010 and was named to the 50th Anniversary team. He averaged 29.1 points and 10.9 rebounds in his 19 year career.

And coming in at number 1 without question the best fundamentaly sounds big man in NBA history, Tim Duncan. He’s played for the San Antonio Spurs since he was drafted in 1997 and still plays with them to this day. He has won 4 NBA Championships, and was the MVP of 3 of the 4 Finals. Won League MVP 2 times in 2002 and 2004, won Rookie of the Year in 1998. He’s also a 12 time All Star and was on the NBA 1st team 9 times. And was on the all Rookie team in 1998. He’s an 8 time Defensive 1st team and 5 time 2nd teamer. He averaged 21.1 points, 11.7 rebounds and 3.2 assits. Like I said in the beginning he’s the most fundamental offensive and defensive big man in HISTORY!

Honorable Mention: Kevin Garnett, Moses Malone, and Dennis Rodman.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Again, why is maybe an issue?

Why as a Celtic fan, do you have such an objection to maybe?

Most people that make lists have an addenda or they are selling something.
    Stats are stats, teams are teams, and history is history. Statistics lie if not taken in a reliable context, and now that both players are on a level playing field, why would you object to the possibility that KG and Duncan may be on the same level. When the Celtics win #18 in 2011, how will you feel?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Again, why is maybe an issue? Why as a Celtic fan, do you have such an objection to maybe? Most people that make lists have an addenda or they are selling something. Stats are stats, teams are teams, and history is history. Statistics lie if not taken in a reliable context, and now that both players are on a level playing field, why would you object to the possibility that KG and Duncan may be on the same level. When the Celtics win #18 in 2011, how will you feel?

I agree that KG and Duncan are on the same level. I never said I didn't agree with that. 

What I don't agree with is you saying that if KG were a Spur and Duncan were a Timberwolf that KG would have multiple rings. 

I also don't agree that because both are on the same level that Duncan is not better. That's why I kept saying that Duncan has a slight edge over KG. Both are on the same level but one is slightly better than the other.

This season KG is better than Duncan period!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

I call a spade a spade, I'm not a biased Celtic fan. Just because Paul Pierce is a Celtic it doesn't mean that he's automatically better than Kobe Bryant.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Stop drinking, Christmas is over, your post is not logical.

How can Kg and Duncan be at the same level if what you say is true?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Stop drinking, Christmas is over, your post is not logical. How can Kg and Duncan be at the same level if what you say is true?

That's because you don't understand the difference between superstar players and All-Star players. Both Duncan and KG are superstars, they get the maximum salary and they're usually candidates for MVP. An All-Star player makes the All-Star team, but is not being paid the max salary and is not a candidate for MVP. An example of a player like that would be David Lee of the Warriors. 

Both KG and Duncan are MVPs and are max salary players, but who's better?

If you're implying that because they're on the same level they must be equally good. If that's the case then you're WRONG! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Thanks for the explanation, now your statment makes more sense. Up until this point, your comment seemed to contradict everything else that you have said.

As alway, still trying to overstate my position to your oun benifit. Where does it say I believed KG was better than Duncan? Your highlighed example does not say that.

The article listed earlier was writen at the begining of the 2007-2008 season when KG's role was changing. Of course this would be obvious to anyone who read it. While he was expected to be the leading scorer and rebounder for the Wolves, he had to share the wealth and be the cheese between two slices of bread with the Celtics. The article compares the two players when they shared similar roles for their respective teams, showing coroborative evidence for comparing the stats for the same time period.

It also states that now that they are on great teams, there can be a truer test of each ones abilities. So far it is KG and the Celtics one and Duncan and the Spurs zero.

The test continues...

NorgG1, Thanks.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Thanks for the explanation, now your statment makes more sense. Up until this point, your comment seemed to contradict everything else that you have said. As alway, still trying to overstate my position to your oun benifit. Where does it say I believed KG was better than Duncan? Your highlighed example does not say that. The article listed earlier was writen at the begining of the 2007-2008 season when KG's role was changing. Of course this would be obvious to anyone who read it. While he was expected to be the leading scorer and rebounder for the Wolves, he had to share the wealth and be the cheese between two slices of bread with the Celtics. The article compares the two players when they shared similar roles for their respective teams, showing coroborative evidence for comparing the stats for the same time period. It also states that now that they are on great teams, there can be a truer test of each ones abilities. So far it is KG and the Celtics one and Duncan and the Spurs zero. The test continues... NorgG1, Thanks.

The test continues? KG and Duncan will not be judged by what they did from 2008-2011, 2012, 2013, or 2014. That's what I mean by a SHAM, you manipulate the facts in your favor. This season KG is better than Duncan, but this season alone is not enough to put KG on top of Duncan as the best PF in the history of the NBA. You have to base it on how they performed their entire careers.

Look at the Spurs stats since Duncan joined the Spurs in 1997. You will see Duncan leading the team in scoring multiple times. KG never led the Celtics in scoring. One of the reasons for that is he takes too many outside shots. When KG misses it's one and done. The Celtics are a poor offensive rebounding team because their PF is not an inside the paint guy. The good news this season is KG is trying to play more inside the paint.

Like I said, if KG and the Celtics get Banner #18 you won't hear me say that Duncan is better than KG anymore. Until that happens Duncan still has the edge over KG. Saying that they're on the same level is true, but it doesn't mean that they're equals when it comes to who's better.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Merry Christmas everyone. Here is an interesting viewpoint by someone else comparing Duncan and KG after he was traded to the Celtics. Now that The Big Ticket and The Big Fundamentals find themselves competing in a fair fight, the only real justice would be for the two greatest power forwards of their generation to meet in June and finally settle this debate once and for all.

That statement you highlighted was misleading. You made it look like that what it meant was June 2011, while the article was referring to June 2008.

Don't try to weasel your way out of this one, you highlighted that statement.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

The Duncan VS KG debate is retarded

Who F**king cares man ...

KG vs Duncan in the Finals would be awesome to watch , it would not be LESS THAN a rematch with the Fakers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN6jPFq9vK4
    Also, a Finals against the Dallas Mavericks would be just as ultra mega as a rematch with the Fakers....

Who cares about Tim Duncan at this point ? He ain't walking thru that door !