Can the C's win the division?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

Can the C's win the division?

I just looked at the division standing and it doesn't look that inconcievable.  It only about 4 games.  Thoughts?  And does that give the C's the #3 seed for winning the division?  Just thinking positive here after the long road trip. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Re: Can the C's win the division?

We can win the division if Doc will play Green at the two!!  That ones for you Kirk, give'em hell.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The 4th or 5th seed is better than the 3rd

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

They can not win the division!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Only way we win the division is if we add a big via waivers or Krstic comes back and the team just gets real hot.

If we had the 4 seed and homecourt in round 1, then got to play the favored heat in round 2 when we weren't completely exhausted, we could have a shot. Like the route we took to the 2010 finals.

If we had to face Indy on the road in rd 2, we'd likely lose, but even if we somehow prevailed the effort would leave us too weak to take down the Heat.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Only way we win the division is if we add a big via waivers or Krstic comes back and the team just gets real hot.

If we had the 4 seed and homecourt in round 1, then got to play the favored heat in round 2 when we weren't completely exhausted, we could have a shot. Like the route we took to the 2010 finals.

If we had to face Indy on the road in rd 2, we'd likely lose, but even if we somehow prevailed the effort would leave us too weak to take down the Heat.

Could Krystic come back?  

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

No

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

As long as we get IND in the first round, I'm good!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

nope

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

I think the Celtics can beat any team in the East in a 7 game series, even the Heat. The Celtics tend to raise their game a level when playing teams like Miami and New York. Those are rarely blowouts.

The bigger problem with playing a New York or Miami in the first round is that it's still more likely than not that the Celtics would lose and then we only get one round of playoff basketball. Even if the Celtics somehow win, they'd be so exhausted, they'd lose in the second round just by virtue of being out of energy.

Given the reality that the Celtics will be playoff-bound, we might as well hope for them to last as long as possible. That means ducking the tougher teams in the first round. Then we maybe get to see them for two rounds, possibly three if everything breaks right like it did last year (in terms of the timing of playoff opponents and fortuitous injuries on other teams).

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Richard1965. Show Richard1965's posts

No Division title for the Celts.  Can't see them doing it at all.  They have enough mojo to make the playoffs, but I don't see them doing much more than that.  If they don't go 1 and done they will most definitely go 2 and done.  R.I.P. as the Celts as we know it come to and end...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

I think the celts can beat any team on a given night, but I do not think they will win many 7-game series. Too much inconsistency, too much wear on the oldies even w/o back to backs.

But it should be fun anyway!

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

up by "only" 5 games? I'd say that's a lot with 25-30 games to go. i like your optimism though.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevekubersky. Show stevekubersky's posts

The odds are against the Cs this late in the season.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JG9000. Show JG9000's posts

In response to stevekubersky's comment:

The odds are against the Cs this late in the season.

Miami or Indiana would pulverize us. but this team wouldn't get that far in the playoffs to meet either team. can't believe we got rid of Collins for more guards. it's just Garnett and Wilcox for bigs. and Garnett plays the perimeter most of the time. we needed more bigs. instead we get more smallball.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

I definitely think we can reach the 3 seed, but we are going to need help. We are going to need the West to continue to play phenominal against our EC rivals. We need teams like TOR and CLE to go on a tear and steal some games away from NYK, BKN and CHI. We need Rose to push back his comeback, we need DWill & JJ to stay cool and we need NYK's offense to stall. 

Does it really matter what seed we get? MIA or IND or CHI with Rose will be really hard to beat. But we'll have to face them anyway. Is the thought that we need a 7 game series with an easier team to beat so we gain the experience for MIA? Or does it make sense that we will be freshest and most focused if we have to face MIA in the first round?

Right now 3-7 is up in the air. MIL will likely hand on to the 8th and MIA and IND are running away with 1 &2. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

We have played the Pacers once when they came to Boston on a pretty good streak.  The Celtic pummeled them.  I don't have any doubt we can beat Indiana.  Of course Indiana could beat us too.  We play them 2 more times.  The only team I don't know about is Miami.  We would have to play our best and them not play their best.  Of course a small injury either way could change that teams chances.

Don't be so quick to give up.  With our road games the rest of the year I suspect we will struggle at times but a 7 game series is another animal.  We just need to avoid the Heat as long as possible.

You guys should know after 2 seasons what we can do come playoff time.  Do we have better players this year?  Yes I think so.  Losing Rondo will hurt as well as Sully but  it can still be done. Our defense I think is getting better and better and losing Rondo won't hurt that aspect of the game.  Sully's rebounds will hurt as well,  hopefully we pick up someone that can rebound and block shots,  and hustles their butt off.

Sections
Shortcuts