Can trades be made right now?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Re: Can trades be made right now?

In response to Fierce34's comment:

3 teams in 4 years saw him for what he was, but, for some reason Danny absolutely had to have him.

The Celts got Lee for Moore, JaJuan, Sean Williams, and Pavlovic.

Don't worry, you'll be amazed when Ainge trades Lee this season. 

This is what frustrates me the most.  We all knew at the end of last year that the Celtics number 1 need going into the off season was a quality big man, but Danny spent all summer developing schemes to land Courtney Lee.  I still don't get it.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

This is what frustrates me the most.  We all knew at the end of last year that the Celtics number 1 need going into the off season was a quality big man, but Danny spent all summer developing schemes to land Courtney Lee.  I still don't get it.

You're wrong. Danny didn't have the money to spend on a big man.

The Celts opted not to go under the cap. That meant the Celts couldn't sign a free-agent big man.

All the Celts had was the MLE. 

And no starting big man was available for the MLE. Even Jason Thompson got more than 5m per year.

Also, the Celts didn't sign Lee, the Celts traded for Lee.

He spent all summer finding ways to trade for and then sign Courtney Lee.  Sorry.  I know you're a stickler for details.  What about Blatche?  I know he's a screwball, but perhaps Rivers and Garnett and Pierce could've straightened him out.  The Nets took a chance on him - 1 year, 3.5 million, non-guaranteed and that's looking like one hell of a bargain.  Any way we slice it, we still have Lee on the books for 3 more years after this one at 15 million - not too enticing for alot of NBA execs.  He was a free agent this year and no one was banging down his door - except Danny.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

You're wrong. Danny didn't have the money to spend on a big man.

The Celts opted not to go under the cap. That meant the Celts couldn't sign a free-agent big man.

All the Celts had was the MLE. 

And no starting big man was available for the MLE. Even Jason Thompson got more than 5m per year.

Also, the Celts didn't sign Lee, the Celts traded for Lee.

He spent all summer finding ways to trade for and then sign Courtney Lee.  Sorry.  I know you're a stickler for details.  What about Blatche?  I know he's a screwball, but perhaps Rivers and Garnett and Pierce could've straightened him out.  The Nets took a chance on him - 1 year, 3.5 million, non-guaranteed and that's looking like one hell of a bargain.  Any way we slice it, we still have Lee on the books for 3 more years after this one at 15 million - not too enticing for alot of NBA execs.  He was a free agent this year and no one was banging down his door - except Danny.

Why didn't they consider going over the cap if they were getting it together for one last run.  Without addressing the big man signing Garnett made no sense.  Even with the finish last year they had to know the team was not complete.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to 34wheelchair's comment:

3 teams in 4 years saw him for what he was, but, for some reason Danny absolutely had to have him.

The Celts got Lee for Moore, JaJuan, Sean Williams, and Pavlovic.

Don't worry, you'll be amazed when Ainge trades Lee this season. 

YOU ARE ALSO FORGETTING THAT BOSTON TRADED 3 2ND ROUND PICKS AND CASH ALONG WITH THOSE 4 PLAYERS FOR THE PRIVILEDGE TO OVERPAY LEE!!!!!!!!!!

DANNY THE DOLT CAN'T GET ANYTHING RIGHT!!!!!!!!

MANY BLESSINGS!

Hey, it's been two days!!  Where is that blockbuster 3 team trade the lakers were working on???  You have a lot of balz showing up here....................good for you!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

K-Mart is on sale RIGHT NOW!! This team needs to add some toughness!!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from StrongArmHnz. Show StrongArmHnz's posts

They should seriously begin to think about trading Pierce.  The team is going nowhere fast and Pierce has already publicly said that he is going to test free agency and that his main criteria will not be money, but rather a chance to win, so that rules out the Celtics.  He is probably their most tradeable commodity.  I think he's playing pretty well this year and his contract will come off the books once he declines his option for next year.  I know it would be diffcult to match contracts, but, maybe with the Lakers in a tailspin and the strained relationship with Gasol, we could pull off a Pierce for Gasol trade.  I know Gasol's knees are balky, but I think he'd help us more than Pierce, we can replace Pierce in the lineup right now with Green.

????????????????????????????????????????????? WHAT

Sections
Shortcuts