Can trades be made right now?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Can trades be made right now?

Yes, some can be made....a lot have to wait until Jan 15

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Yes.

Lee can be traded.

What about Bass?

I often think of my father when I watch Bass have an off-shooting night - he had a little expression that I will adapt to this situation:

When Bass isn't hitting his shot, he is about as useful as teets on a Bull!!!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

In response to Kirk6's comment:

Yes.

Lee can be traded.

What about Bass?

I often think of my father when I watch Bass have an off-shooting night - he had a little expression that I will adapt to this situation:

When Bass isn't hitting his shot, he is about as useful as teets on a Bull!!!

+1 lol

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

the way bass is playing now he is untrade-able.  absolutely useless and a waste of the laundry detergent to wash his clothes

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

the way bass is playing now he is untrade-able.  absolutely useless and a waste of the laundry detergent to wash his clothes

He is a bench player, not a starter. That limits his value.  But our draft picks have to look pretty good right now.  

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

In response to aciemvp's comment:

He is a bench player, not a starter. That limits his value.  But our draft picks have to look pretty good right now.  

By all accounts, the 2013 draft will be one of the worst drafts in a long, long, long time.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

They should seriously begin to think about trading Pierce.  The team is going nowhere fast and Pierce has already publicly said that he is going to test free agency and that his main criteria will not be money, but rather a chance to win, so that rules out the Celtics.  He is probably their most tradeable commodity.  I think he's playing pretty well this year and his contract will come off the books once he declines his option for next year.  I know it would be diffcult to match contracts, but, maybe with the Lakers in a tailspin and the strained relationship with Gasol, we could pull off a Pierce for Gasol trade.  I know Gasol's knees are balky, but I think he'd help us more than Pierce, we can replace Pierce in the lineup right now with Green.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

They should seriously begin to think about trading Pierce.  The team is going nowhere fast and Pierce has already publicly said that he is going to test free agency and that his main criteria will not be money, but rather a chance to win, so that rules out the Celtics.  He is probably their most tradeable commodity.  I think he's playing pretty well this year and his contract will come off the books once he declines his option for next year.  I know it would be diffcult to match contracts, but, maybe with the Lakers in a tailspin and the strained relationship with Gasol, we could pull off a Pierce for Gasol trade.  I know Gasol's knees are balky, but I think he'd help us more than Pierce, we can replace Pierce in the lineup right now with Green.

Pierce and Jason Collins for Pau Gasol works. 

But do you really wanna help the Lakers?

Kobe, Pierce, and Dwight makes the Lakers a team without weaknesses.

C - Dwight

PF - Peace

SF - Pierce

SG - Kobe

PG - Nash

That's going to be one hell of a team!

It's one hell of an old team.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

Pierce and Jason Collins for Pau Gasol works. 

But do you really wanna help the Lakers?

Kobe, Pierce, and Dwight makes the Lakers a team without weaknesses.

C - Dwight

PF - Peace

SF - Pierce

SG - Kobe

PG - Nash

+1

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Richard1965. Show Richard1965's posts

So what I'm seeing from all of this is......

Doc continues to showcase Bass/Lee as a starters because Danny is gonna try to try to trade them as starters rather than a bench player come Jan 15.

So you can look at starting them as beneficial in a way, because in the long run it will help the team to advertise their talents (or lack thereof) to the rest of the NBA.

This seems like a gamble to me, because this could backfire (probably already has) and their value could plumette even further down.  I think the celts are in a very bad position this year to get ANYONE that is worth a damn with what we are willing to give up in return.  I think alot of teams are gonna want AB or sully (or both) if we want to get the right parts.  So how does that make us better in the long run?  I think we are screwed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to Richard1965's comment:

So what I'm seeing from all of this is......

Doc continues to showcase Bass/Lee as a starters because Danny is gonna try to try to trade them as starters rather than a bench player come Jan 15.

So you can look at starting them as beneficial in a way, because in the long run it will help the team to advertise their talents (or lack thereof) to the rest of the NBA.

This seems like a gamble to me, because this could backfire (probably already has) and their value could plumette even further down.  I think the celts are in a very bad position this year to get ANYONE that is worth a damn with what we are willing to give up in return.  I think alot of teams are gonna want AB or sully (or both) if we want to get the right parts.  So how does that make us better in the long run?  I think we are screwed.

Lee is what he is, which is a decent rotation player, but that's about it - and that's not a scarce commodity in the NBA.  No one is going to want his contract.  The Celtics overpaid him - 5 million a year-and he'll be very redundant once AB comes back.  3 teams in 4 years saw him for what he was, but, for some reason Danny absolutely had to have him.  I have boundless faith in Danny's eye for talent, but sometimes he fixates on certain players for bizarre reasons.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

C - Dwight

PF - Peace

SF - Pierce

SG - Kobe

PG - Nash

It would still be better than what the Lakers have right now.

Yes.  It would, which is why the Lakers might do that trade.  It would also be better than what the Celtics have now, because I think Gasol's play has had more to do with the strained relationship than anything else.  Gasol hasn't been the same since they traded him to Houston.

• This post has been removed.

• This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

3 teams in 4 years saw him for what he was, but, for some reason Danny absolutely had to have him.

The Celts got Lee for Moore, JaJuan, Sean Williams, and Pavlovic.

Don't worry, you'll be amazed when Ainge trades Lee this season. 

I worry about the 5 million a year we are paying him, not what we traded for him....although I still believe JJJ will be a productive player in the league.  He's currently doing well in the NBDL, which is where the Celtics should've placed him instead of letting him rot away on the pine.

• Sections
    Shortcuts