Can we Agree?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Can we Agree?

1. That Bass > Humphries, especially if you normalize his production by salary.

2. Humphries needs to be traded before we think of trading Bass

3. That Bass has more value than 0.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: Can we Agree?

I read about Bass being the odd-man-out, and that could be the case, but only after Humpty.

For Humpty I'd want:

A 2nd round pick & a TPE

For Bass, I'd want:

a) A real NBA player like an Ariza and a 2nd round pick

b) Expiring contract and a young, mildly interesting prospect.

I'd offer some options, but its really complicated to wrap your head around roster situations with all the various trades. I think he'd have value in GSW, DEN, MEM, HOU ... to name a few. He's owed like 13M over two years? Common, thats affordable for a 80% career FT shooter, a stretch-4 who can defend Carmelo Anthony as good as anyone in the league. And common, he's no Evans, but his rebouding isnt HORRIBLE for a role player who should come off the bench. No?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

They both should go.  But obviously I'd rather see Humphries gone over Bass.

I like Bass but he doesn't really fit in anymore.  He's reached his potential and he is better suited to be a complimentary player on a good team. 

Humphries is a complete clown and should never don a Celtics Jersey.  How he ever got that contract with such limited skill is completely a mystery to me.  He should be a 3 or 4 mil a year guy for what he produces.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from myurkus. Show myurkus's posts

the big problem is wallace.  he has 30 million left on his contract.  humphries is expiring this year and bass is relatively cheap.  we need to lose wallace's contract somehow, it will be killing us for years.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

In response to myurkus' comment:

the big problem is wallace.  he has 30 million left on his contract.  humphries is expiring this year and bass is relatively cheap.  we need to lose wallace's contract somehow, it will be killing us for years.

+1

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to MelWitt's comment:

One good thing about Humphries...we won't have to see that repulsive, talentless fat rear ended swine ex wife of his and her entire rancid entourage floating around Boston all the time....best thing that ever happened to that fool.

Instead of Kourtney and Kim take Miami... maybe we will see Courtney and Kris take Beantown.

Pud

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I have no definitive  source but, I think Bass is both under appreciated and overly chastised. Bass is a consumate pro, he does what ever, he gives 100% every night, has a high rate of offensive production compared to any other ,3,4,5 not named James,Duncan,milsap,Smith. . Docs system was not focused on rebounding but efficiency and turnovers oppossed to out rebounding. Bass is an excellent defender in a league that is dominated by 3/4,4/5 players., a consistent offensive producer and keeps everything in house. I have never thought Humphies in our plans and it's early,maybe DA is waiting to see how how things shake out and then get a bargain FA.

We have a very solid young core and after this season we will have tremedous options I feel this team, as is, will make the playoffs and has enough intangibles to maybe the suprise team of the NBA.  The age of a team being as good as its' center are dormant, maybe dead. We have a solid,versatile,young and experienced blend of players .  We have more players allowed on final roster than allowed but, 5 of the players aren't even on our roster til 12:01 tonight.

Humpty,Wallace,Bogans,Brooks,Joseph aren't even on the roster yet, but out those 5 players I only see Wallace and Brooks that I see being in our plans, short or long term.  When look at it DA basically had other teams pay the tab for Pierce and KG and gave himself a year to let all the "potentials" play out for a year. I do know one thing as fan I have no problem with disagreeing with another fan but, none of us should be taking pot shots or semantically based tiffs. Quick, who here predicted Brad Stevans hire before he actually was? That''s what I thought 

Sections
Shortcuts