can we all agree

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

can we all agree

that the intended target in the Perk trade, Harden, would have been a better trade for the Celts both for this year and the future? Pretty obvious in the playoffs, even in defeat, why Jeff Greeen lost minutes to both Harden and Ibaka

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Re: can we all agree

Jeff Green lost point .1 of a minute between the 09/10 and 10/11 seasons with OK City. That's not really losing playing time.

Green was an essential member of the Thunder and I think in some ways his trade came back to haunt them in the post season. Especially from the team chemistry stand point.

They went lost a heck of a lot of quickness on the floor with that trade and changed the whole look of the team. Now they're stuck with Perkins.

Yes the NBA is business. But it's not to say that Durant and co where not hurt seeing their friend traded.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

No, we can't all agree. What did it do for OKC to have Harden on the floor? They didn't win. Perk wasn't even on the floor was he?   Green was averaging more points than Harden before the trade. Doc gave Kristic and Green very little time especially for Kristic went JO came back. The guy is servicable and show signs right after the trade and in Game 5 against Miami. I still think people woefully underrate Green. The guy can shoot threes, post up and run. He is a thousand times more servicable than BBD and I still think Ainge made the right deal.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Wow, do I see it differently. Harden to my eye is clearly an aggresive game changer offensively. Not only does he shoot confidently from mid range as well as the 3, he also can facilitate the pick and role perfectly. He also can handle the ball if needed, beating the press and finding the open man.
    Green is longer and more athletic, but boy he doesn't use it.
    Harden is also 21 years old. Enormous upside.Green has been in the league a few years. OKC, feels Green is what he is. Perhaps the Celts can coax more out of him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from calvinator. Show calvinator's posts

In Response to Re: can we all agree:
    Wow, do I see it differently. Harden to my eye is clearly an aggresive game changer offensively. Not only does he shoot confidently from mid range as well as the 3, he also can facilitate the pick and role perfectly. He also can handle the ball if needed, beating the press and finding the open man. Green is longer and more athletic, but boy he doesn't use it. Harden is also 21 years old. Enormous upside.Green has been in the league a few years. OKC, feels Green is what he is. Perhaps the Celts can coax more out of him.
    Posted by rkarp

Obviously Oklahoma City agreed with you since they did not make that trade. So I suppose it is a mute point. The Celtics never would have been able to obtain him because Oklahoma City never wanted to trade him in the first place.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

TD Bank whispers tell me something other than Perk/Nate was on the table if Harden was available. However, Celts were emphatically told he wasn't. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"The Celtics never would have been able to obtain him because Oklahoma City never wanted to trade him in the first place"

exactly!

My understanding is Ainge did try to get Harden from them before settling on Green. No one should be surprised OKC refused to let Harden go if that's the case.

Heck, Harden shows so much potential I might even support the Perk trade in that case. But, sadly, we're stuck with Green - if we decide to overpay him. Otherwise we don't even get to keep him. Maybe Green ends up being good - but who knows? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"I still think Ainge made the right deal."

Even though it may have cost us a championship this year? 

Even though we may not even be able to re-sign Green this offseason? 

I'm of the school of thought you don't worry about being a pretty good team year after year, but you push for a championship when you have a shot. Green didn't help us there. 

If we sign him and he ends up being a decent player on a team that loses in the first round of hte playoffs to the Heat for a few years, sorry, but I see no genius trade there. 

Ainge gambled that Green was being held back in OKC and we learned that there was a reason Green wasn't getting minutes.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

" The Celtics never would have been able to obtain him because Oklahoma City never wanted to trade him in the first place" exactly! My understanding is Ainge did try to get Harden from them before settling on Green. No one should be surprised OKC refused to let Harden go if that's the case. Heck, Harden shows so much potential I might even support the Perk trade in that case. But, sadly, we're stuck with Green - if we decide to overpay him. Otherwise we don't even get to keep him. Maybe Green ends up being good - but who knows? 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

Maybe he ends up being good - but who knows?  You don't start on an NBA basketball team, average around 15 ppg, and play a big role in the playoffs and NOT BE GOOD.

Why is it that people think that Green had never played basketball in his life before he put on a green uniform and that somehow his body of work is exactly what made him so attractive in the trade? 

Maybe he ends up being good?  He is good.  He needs an offseason, maybe some summer ball, training camp, and a preseason and he will show that he is one of the best players on the roster.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In Response to Re: can we all agree : Maybe he ends up being good - but who knows?  You don't start on an NBA basketball team, average around 15 ppg, and play a big role in the playoffs and NOT BE GOOD. Why is it that people think that Green had never played basketball in his life before he put on a green uniform and that somehow his body of work is exactly what made him so attractive in the trade?  Maybe he ends up being good?  He is good.  He needs an offseason, maybe some summer ball, training camp, and a preseason and he will show that he is one of the best players on the roster.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

Dudder, you are missing the point. Green's problems are between the ears. Summer league, training camp and preseason do not create aggressiveness. It will be prudent for the Celts to bring him back next year and see what happens, but leave it at the one year. Not sure Green is worth keeping at the expense of cap flexability

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

• In Response to Re: can we all agree:
      Jeff Green lost point .1 of a minute between the 09/10 and 10/11 seasons with OK City. That's not really losing playing time. Green was an essential member of the Thunder and I think in some ways his trade came back to haunt them in the post season. Especially from the team chemistry stand point. They went lost a heck of a lot of quickness on the floor with that trade and changed the whole look of the team. Now they're stuck with Perkins. Yes the NBA is business. But it's not to say that Durant and co where not hurt seeing their friend traded.  
      Posted by RUWorthy

Do you ever answer a question without changing the subject completely? I'll do it for you.

YES, Hardin would have defintely been BETTER for the celtics than Green.

RUWorthy - Was that so difficult? Laughing

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Harden is a more aggresive scorer than Green. That attitude might have helped the Cs. But he is a more a combo guard type than a 3. We have West for that position. We had no one to back up Pierce. We needed Green more than Harden.

Green has all the tools to be a star player in the league. It is on him to use his potential.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tekaronhiakha. Show tekaronhiakha's posts

In Response to Re: can we all agree : Maybe he ends up being good - but who knows?  You don't start on an NBA basketball team, average around 15 ppg, and play a big role in the playoffs and NOT BE GOOD. Why is it that people think that Green had never played basketball in his life before he put on a green uniform and that somehow his body of work is exactly what made him so attractive in the trade?  Maybe he ends up being good?  He is good.  He needs an offseason, maybe some summer ball, training camp, and a preseason and he will show that he is one of the best players on the roster.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

I actually agree with DUDDER 100 percent. My buddy is an OKC fan so i got to see a bunch of Green and he has already proven how good he is. I couldnt start him over Pierce yet personally but i think Green could be more then just a servicable player in this league. I truly think that with Doc coaching him he will be better then OKC ever imagined.

Sections
Shortcuts