CAN WE CUT THE "RONDO CANT SHOOT" CRAP YET???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

CAN WE CUT THE "RONDO CANT SHOOT" CRAP YET???

its really getting annoying coming on here and reading the rondo bashers bash his shooting ability. it doesnt even make sense to me bc this season he has showed a MUCH MUCH improved jumpshot. he is less hesitant as well. is he ray allen? no. but hes taking his shots and making them. i think ppl remember that he hasnt always had a great jumper and because he isnt trying to create his own shot like a rose or westbrook, he cant shoot. its ridiculous. ill tell you this. if rose was on a team with pierce, allen, and garnett, he wouldnt be shooting either. earlier this year, Rondo was asked about his jumpshot. he said "If the team needed me to shoot the ball all the time, i would have a better jumper." he doesnt need to shoot. he does his job perfectly. stop bashing something thats not even true anymore.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Re: CAN WE CUT THE "RONDO CANT SHOOT" CRAP YET???

In a word, no

When he can nail them consistently and force Kobe to come up on him, the we'll talk.  Otherwise, this is just December.  To his credit, he did torch Cleveland last year, but he disappeared for long stretches in the Finals.  Let's see if he can do it when it counts.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

tell me how he hasnt shot the ball consistently this year. now if you mean shooting ATTEMPTS, you got something, he doesnt shoot often. but he isnt shooting and missing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

as for dissapearing in the finals? please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So9g_oMZXGo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQDOo3Fi1iE&feature=fvw

he cant dominate for EVERY POSSESSION, EVERY MINUTE OF EVERY GAME. give him a break...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Don't care about anything this year yet.  Want to see him hit J's against Kobe.  If he can't, the Celtics are where they were last year against the Lakers.  If he can, then the Celtics can force the Lakers to respect him and go back to running their offense without All-NBA-Defense Kobe roaming around to help.

And yes, # of attempts do mean that it's a small sample size, although I personally didn't care about that either - I'd rather have him pick his spots than try to take over the offense.  There are too many other playmakers on this team for Rondo to do too much, which would come at the expense of everyone else's rhythm.

I just want to see Rondo hit shots enough to force teams who sag off of him to respect him and come back up and guard him in HIGH PRESSURE GAMES THAT MATTER - December doesn't really matter.  We shall see.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Rondo will need to shoot often and hit a good percentage for any teams to finally guard him.  More worrisome is his FT shooting. IF he can shoot (like some here say) then why cant he shoot a FT with no defensive pressure and all the time in the world to set himself?

See, Rondo is not a good shooter in game situations. I saw him shoot 3's well in the NBA all star competition... but in a game, with the pressure, its a different story.

Last night one of the announcers said Rondo hadnt had a FT attempt since Dec 1st, I think, That is amazing for a PG who handles the ball more than anyone. It says to me hes not taking it to the hole or being guarded on the perimeter. 

Hes been passing up open layups and trying to rack up assists. Did it again last night vs the Knicks. One thing is for sure, if Rondo isnt taking shots, hes not gonna get good at it.. thats a certainty. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

In Response to Re: CAN WE CUT THE "RONDO CANT SHOOT" CRAP YET???:
    [QUOTE]Rondo will need to shoot often and hit a good percentage for any teams to finally guard him.  More worrisome is his FT shooting. IF he can shoot (like some here say) then why cant he shoot a FT with no defensive pressure and all the time in the world to set himself? See, Rondo is not a good shooter in game situations. I saw him shoot 3's well in the NBA all star competition... but in a game, with the pressure, its a different story. Last night one of the announcers said Rondo hadnt had a FT attempt since Dec 1st, I think, That is amazing for a PG who handles the ball more than anyone. It says to me hes not taking it to the hole or being guarded on the perimeter.  Hes been passing up open layups and trying to rack up assists. Did it again last night vs the Knicks. One thing is for sure, if Rondo isnt taking shots, hes not gonna get good at it.. thats a certainty. 
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

Tommy said it during last nights game...if they don't cover Rondo closely because they think he won't shoot it actually makes it much easier for Rondo to find someone open with a pass.

Do we really want him to become a jump shooting threat and give up the additional assists he gets because the play off him?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: CAN WE CUT THE "RONDO CANT SHOOT" CRAP YET???:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: CAN WE CUT THE "RONDO CANT SHOOT" CRAP YET??? : Tommy said it during last nights game...if they don't cover Rondo closely because they think he won't shoot it actually makes it much easier for Rondo to find someone open with a pass. Do we really want him to become a jump shooting threat and give up the additional assists he gets because the play off him?
    Posted by gtown07[/QUOTE]

exactly. and hes not driving bc he DOESNT HAVE BURST. he has no burst in his left leg..thats why that fast break we are so used to seeing isnt happening, he cant do it. hes not frickin superman, there are things he just cant do right now. but he can get into the lane and kick it out to a wide open ray allen for 3. id much rather him do that then a stepback jumper..its not needed. as for you needing to see him do it against kobe?? what the heck? u think he looks and says "ohhhh thats kobe in front of me, i cant hit the jumper now?" Rondo did fine against kobe and the lakers last yr, if u dont remember, refer to the earlier links. if teams decide to sag off of him that is theyre fault, and they are getting burned for it this yr bc rondo is moving them around and getting it to open men still. hes not hurting our offense. only thing he can do better for this team is be healthy.

Sections
Shortcuts