Can we pass on Randall??????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Can we pass on Randel??????

If he is there can we afford to pass on him?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Re: Can we pass on Randel?????

Can we afford to pass on Randel if he is there?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Re: Can we pass on Randall??????

I don't think so. He looks like a walking double double to me. If you play him one on one in the post he will over power almost anyone who defends him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

I say yes, please pass him up. He isn't going to be "overpowering" guys like ZBo, Sully, Monroe, Blake,   Aldridge, Humphries, Ect. Ect.  He is a beast and a bully in college, but he can't play the same way against guys just as big and strong as he is at the next level. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

It's "Randle". That said, yes.

He's not a lengthy big. The Cs have Sullinger, who is has a similar skill set. Randle would be a redundancy.

The Cs need lengthy bigs and wings who can score from beyond the arc.

...the King of the Rumba Beat...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

DA said he wants rim protection in this draft.  Not sure Randle, who will be a very good player, can give us that.  Again, Utah is the key, IMO.  After the top 3, in whatever order, ORL will probably take Exum..............leaving us waiting for the Jazz...............who have Favors and Kanter, with Hayward and Burke.  Do they take Randle, Vonleh or Smart?

Or do they trade it?

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

If wind up drafting Randle, I wouldn't complain.  If Love's off limits, and the rebuild continues during next season, why not start:

Rajon Rondo
    Avery Bradley
    Jeff Green
    Julius Randle
    Jared Sullinger

I realize that this isn't a winning formula.  But at least it's five quality players.  And if we do the same thing we did last season, and play the players we're shopping (Bass, Crawford, Lee)..next season we could expect much bigger returns.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to MitchUnderpants' comment:
    [QUOTE]

If wind up drafting Randle, I wouldn't complain.  If Love's off limits, and the rebuild continues during next season, why not start:

Rajon Rondo
    Avery Bradley
    Jeff Green
    Julius Randle
    Jared Sullinger

I realize that this isn't a winning formula.  But at least it's five quality players.  And if we do the same thing we did last season, and play the players we're shopping (Bass, Crawford, Lee)..next season we could expect much bigger returns.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Well, to your point - do you like this team better?

Rondo/Pressey

Bradley/LaVigne

Green/Wallace

Sullinger/Bass

Vonleh/Fav

I like that better because we have a true 5.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

are we convinced that vonleh is a true 5? i confess that i have not watched him play, but i have read much about him. he does have great length and apparently big hands, but he's still only 6-9. is that big enough to play the 5 in the NBA? maybe these days it is, with fewer and fewer true 5s playing in the league.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to kaktug's comment:
    [QUOTE]

are we convinced that vonleh is a true 5? i confess that i have not watched him play, but i have read much about him. he does have great length and apparently big hands, but he's still only 6-9. is that big enough to play the 5 in the NBA? maybe these days it is, with fewer and fewer true 5s playing in the league.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

His wing span is an enormous 7'5", and (rumor has it), he could still be growing.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

'In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

His wing span is an enormous 7'5", and (rumor has it), he could still be growing.

[/QUOTE]

Vonleh's not the Center we're looking for.  He's 6'8.  He's moves at a slower pace than everyone else.  He has no explosiveness.  He always appears sad or confused..he's way too timid. 

The Center for us is a rim protector that's vocal, and that makes teams think twice about driving in the paint.  Perk's numbers were always terrible, but he kept opponents out of the paint.  Perk revealed the value of a True 5.

Vonleh's long arms will look like a matador waving a long red cape, when players like LeBron and Paul George decide to attack the basket.  As much as we need a rim protector, there simply are none in this draft.  And rolling the dice on a LOST PUPPY with long arms would be incredibly frustrating.  Expect Vonleh to be drafted no sooner than 8 (after Gordon, Smart, and Randle). 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

I hope we pass on Vonleh, randle, and gordon.  None of them are scoring wings or rim protecting Centers.  That is what we need people unless DA is making some trades.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

I would take Randle or Vonleh.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Bill Russell was 6-9.