Can we STOP already????????? STOP THE NONSENSE!!!!!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsboy. Show celticsboy's posts

Re: Can we STOP already????????? STOP THE NONSENSE!!!!!

can you believe it Danny Ainge and the Celtics are forking over $11 mill a year for this Fraud of a player lacking so many basketball skills. you'd think most of that money would go to a point guard who had a deadly shot but I guess his Assists is what the $11 million is paying, NO THANKS. Time to refinance this mortgage please, enough is enough.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

We are not a good team right now period.  I suggest as fans we accept it and stop looking for scapegoats.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

can you believe that Danny pays 11 mil a year for a pg that has carried us in the playoffs two years in a row..WHAT AN IDIOT! look how far westbrook took his also very talented team last year! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

In Response to Re: Can we STOP already????????? STOP THE NONSENSE!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]can you believe that Danny pays 11 mil a year for a pg that has carried us in the playoffs two years in a row..WHAT AN IDIOT! look how far westbrook took his also very talented team last year! 
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]
    Rondo has played well in the past two playoffs but he "has not carried us".  He's had some wonderful performances in some series (Chicago 2 years ago, Cleveland and Orlando last season) but he did not carry us.  Allen and Pierce also had very good series as has KG (KG especially against Cleveland last year).  Everyone has played a major part in the Celtics playoffs success and it can be said that various players carried us at various times during the playoffs the past couple seasons.  For some playoff games last season, the bench even carried us so let's not suggest that one player, Rondo, has carried this team in the playoffs.  Let's be fair.

Rondo has carried us at points just like every other player.

I hope and think he (and the Celtics) WILL bounce back but, right now, this team, Rondo included, has been real inconsistent at such an important time of the season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KOBEnumber5. Show KOBEnumber5's posts

As a Laker fan, I absolutely love rondo, especially when he pulls up for jumpers. Too bad, he cant shoot like D-Fish. Wink

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can we STOP already????????? STOP THE NONSENSE!!!!! : Rondo has played well in the past two playoffs but he " has not carried us ".  He's had some wonderful performances in some series (Chicago 2 years ago, Cleveland and Orlando last season) but he did not carry us.  Allen and Pierce also had very good series as has KG (KG especially against Cleveland last year).  Everyone has played a major part in the Celtics playoffs success and it can be said that various players carried us at various times during the playoffs the past couple seasons.  For some playoff games last season, the bench even carried us so let's not suggest that one player, Rondo, has carried this team in the playoffs.  Let's be fair. Rondo has carried us at points just like every other player. I hope and think he (and the Celtics) WILL bounce back but, right now, this team, Rondo included, has been real inconsistent at such an important time of the season.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

so the fact that EVERYONE said that Rondo was by far the best player in the playoffs ROUTINELY means nothing. lots of fans forget bc of his recent struggles..he carried us. ray had a couple good games. kg had a good series against cleveland, and paul was pretty consistent the entire playoffs, save for the lakers series. but lets not front. Rondo was CLEARLY the best player in the playoffs last year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can we STOP already????????? STOP THE NONSENSE!!!!! : so the fact that EVERYONE said that Rondo was by far the best player in the playoffs ROUTINELY means nothing. lots of fans forget bc of his recent struggles..he carried us. ray had a couple good games. kg had a good series against cleveland, and paul was pretty consistent the entire playoffs, save for the lakers series. but lets not front. Rondo was CLEARLY the best player in the playoffs last year.
    JamezHill24, you make some good points, However, does Rondo being the best player in a series or two constitute "carrying us in the playoffs"?  You cannot honestly believe that Rondo carried the Celtics in the Finals last year, do you?

The TEAM played well in the Miami and Orlando series last year.  The TEAM!  The team overall, played well in the Cleveland series.  And the team struggled at times in the Finals as did individual players.  We beat down Miami and essentially Orlando (taking a 3 - 0 lead) so I just don't see where ANY ONE player carried the team.  I honestly thought the team played well during the playoffs, the TEAM.

But if you and, as you say, EVERYONE say Rondo carried us, then you can believe that.  He may have even been the best player for a series or two but "carried us", I doubt that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]can you believe that Danny pays 11 mil a year for a pg that has carried us in the playoffs two years in a row..WHAT AN IDIOT! look how far westbrook took his also very talented team last year! 

Both lost to the Lakers, Westbrooks team just played them first!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can we STOP already????????? STOP THE NONSENSE!!!!! : JamezHill24, you make some good points, However, does Rondo being the best player in a series or two constitute " carrying us in the playoffs "?  You cannot honestly believe that Rondo carried the Celtics in the Finals last year, do you? The TEAM played well in the Miami and Orlando series last year.  The TEAM!  The team overall, played well in the Cleveland series.  And the team struggled at times in the Finals as did individual players.  We beat down Miami and essentially Orlando (taking a 3 - 0 lead) so I just don't see where ANY ONE player carried the team.  I honestly thought the team played well during the playoffs, the TEAM. But if you and, as you say, EVERYONE say Rondo carried us, then you can believe that.  He may have even been the best player for a series or two but " carried us ", I doubt that.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

Petey, name one guy in the entire playoffs that played as well as Rajon Rondo. any guy from any team. you cant do it bc there is noone. he was the best player in the playoffs. thats all im saying, guess i pushed the word "carried" too far, lebron carried the cavs. im not saying Rondo did that, but he was the best player in the entire playoffs. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

First and foremost, I would like to reccomend prozac/and or therapy to celticsboy, who appears to be standing on a ledge somewhere. Second, if you would like to root for a scoring pg, you guys can go jump on the chi-town bandwagon with the media and the rest of the world. No, rondo's j is not perfect. No, he has not been himself in recent weeks. Just know that when he's at his best, there isn't a better fit for this team's system

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can we STOP already????????? STOP THE NONSENSE!!!!! : Petey, name one guy in the entire playoffs that played as well as Rajon Rondo. any guy from any team. you cant do it bc there is noone. he was the best player in the playoffs. thats all im saying, guess i pushed the word "carried" too far, lebron carried the cavs. im not saying Rondo did that, but he was the best player in the entire playoffs. 
    Paul Pierce.  JamezHill24, I checked last season's playoff series and Pierce was the best Celtics player throughout the playoffs.

Pierce was the best player in the Miami series.  Rondo was best in the Cleveland series hightlighted by the best game of his career (29 pts, 18 rebs, 13 asts).  Rondo dominated the Cleveland series.  Pierce was the best in the Orlando series and Pierce was the best Celtics player in the Finals.

Check each game in each series and tell me you disagree.

Sections
Shortcuts