Can We Win the Atlantic Division?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenaboveGold. Show GreenaboveGold's posts

Re: Can We Win the Atlantic Division?

I think the Knicks got better by adding Chandler but they did give up Billups but we are a more balanced team on both side of the court. Outside of Amare and Anthony there's no one on that team that you can count on to give consistant help. Chandler is a good defender and athletic but he's not great offensively, Anthony and Amare are superstars but when was the last time they played Defense? Until they become complete players the celtics will have an advantage. Our big 3 may be older but they are more complete players. Plus our bench is way better

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

What about if the Nets get Dwight?  And Philly will be much better.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

nets will still have garbage as the rest of their team. philly games could go 50/50 they are fun to watch.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

In Response to Re: Can We Win the Atlantic Division?:
    nets will still have garbage as the rest of their team. philly games could go 50/50 they are fun to watch.
    Posted by PierceIsTheTruth

I agree.  They are a young athletic team.

I think the Celtics will pull off winning the division, but it is going to be close.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Can We Win the Atlantic Division?:
    For 4 years we were owning the Atlantic Division. Now that the Knicks have Tyson Chandler can we remain the top dog of the Atlantic?
    Posted by Fiercest34

Many teams will be better than last season.  The Knicks should be one of the top teams in our division.  They will have training camp and a full season together.   The Nets would be much better if they sign Howard.  The Celtics will have more opportunities to improve this team next season.  If not Paul or Howard, I am sure that Danny will assemble the best team possible with the available free agents and trades.  We will certainly have the money.  I have confidence in Danny considering he was the one that signed KG and Ray. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Knicks should be the favorite, they have 2 superstars, we have an old KG. Superstars win chips in this league, we won't be a contender until we get one or two, and who knows when that will be!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" Knicks should be the favorite, they have 2 superstars"

Who did not play well together last year. 

I make us the favorites for the glory of the Atlantic Division crown and all that means to a team with so many world titles.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Can? 

They should win the Atlantic.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rgmfick. Show rgmfick's posts

Danny and Doc are making interesting signings.  When we all think the Celtics need a big man, the team seems to be assembling forwards.  Before the opener, as it obviously does, the roster will take shape.  This year, however, I think Danny and Doc has assessed the NBA need for forwards.  The Celtics will have those bargaining chips.  Let's look at the keepers as starters:  Garnett, Pierce, Allen and Rondo.  Doc's favorites on his re-assembled bench, Marquis Daniels, Keyon Dooling, Brandon Bass, Chris Wilcox, JuJuan Johnson and Gilbert Brown.  I think that makes Jermaine O'Neal, Jeff Green, E'Twuan Moore, Avery Bradley trade chips.  And obviously, that means, if the Celtics trade Jermaine and Jeff Green, to be competitive one last time with the Big 3, there must be a a healthy Kendrick Perkins-like Center available to acquire and with Rondo, JuJuan Johnson and the acquisition to build on.  The only other longer term keeper among these players is Brandon Bass.  Very interesting.   

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

even if things stay the way they are now, the celtics still match up pretty well against the knicks...if the nets get howard, they will have d-will, howard, and...? im not too worried bout the atlantic, bulls and heat are the teams in our way

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

the 4th seed would be fine, if they get into the playoffs anything can happen...i think the big 3 and rondo have one last run in them...we may need a solid center, but they definitely added enough athletic bench players that can hold their own when the big 3 need rest...i think danny has done a nice job...it will be an even better job if he can somehow get a good center in a celtics uniform, doesnt have to be howard

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

This sounds crazy but Tyson Chandler is the biggest offseason trade so far, imo.  Knicks needed him more than these other teams needed Howard, Paul, etc.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rgmfick. Show rgmfick's posts

Celtic supporters know that we could be the NBA East powerhouse or as low as the
    4th seed, but as long as the Celtics make the playoffs, with the teams current experience level, our Big 4 + Jeff Green, Keyon Dooling, Marquis Daniels, Brandon Bass, Chris Wilcox young JuJuan Johnson, and who if Danny Ainge acquires David West, we have as balanced team as we have had since the Celtics won their last NBA Championship, and we have the building blocks with Rajon, Jeff Green, David West, Brandon Bass and JuJuan Johnson when we no longer have KG, Ray Ray and The Truth.  I doubt many of us Celtic fans would be disappointed with those building blocks.  And we will let Danny Ainge and Doc Rivers decide who else might fit with a future Celtic team, Austin Rivers, Avery Bradley, E'Twan More and who knows.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenaboveGold. Show GreenaboveGold's posts

i would say
    1 Celtics
    2Knicks
    3 Sixers
    4 Nets (Nets can move up to 3 if hey get Dwight, or they sign good free agents with their cap space)
    5 Raptors

i say the top 4 make the playoff (depends if the nets get someone)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

IMHO winning the division may not be the best thing for us if we burn out doing it.  I think the Knicks may win more regular season games, but in a playoff format we could beat them. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

A side note further to my last post.  I am interested to see Coach Dantoni and how he operates with a truly defensive centre, the first he has ever had.  People have been too quick to write him off as his teams do not play defence.  Now they have a safety net back there.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Can We Win the Atlantic Division?:
    In Response to Re: Can We Win the Atlantic Division? : That was last year. We have a much better team this year.
    Posted by Kirk6

I am not sure how you come to that conclusion. We have added Dooling, Bass, and Wilcox. Not exacly above average players. If we don't pickup a impact player\scorer or get a lot more out of our rookie class, I am not so sure. If Avery doesn't show significant improvement.  Many questions in my mind.  I hope your right. I think were very close to what we were last year.  People will lay off Rondo and double up on Pierce, Allen, and Garnett.  Hopefully we get more out of Greene.  We basically have no inside game. Did Rondo improve his shot with all this extra time?

Sections
Shortcuts