Cap money, UFA's and RFA's!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Cap money, UFA's and RFA's!

All this cap money, and what to do with it?
    Since we are all so down in the dumps about our chances this year, let's see what we can do to be better next year.
    I think we absolutely need to sign Jeff Green, if he can play, and look to bring Krsitc back from Russia (didn't think he was that bad)
    We can debate all we want about bringing Ray or KG back, but this is a "regardless" situation.  I think we need Rondo, Green, Pierce and Bass  (not counting the rookies and Bradley at the moment)
    I have composed a list of RFA's and UFA's according to ESPN.  From this list, and only this list, tell me who you would like to see us make offers to.  You can assume we trade/have not traded Rondo.
    My choices will be in bold face, and I will assume we have NOT traded Rondo:

UFA's - Mo Williams, Deron Williams, Dwight Howard, AK47, Randy Foye, Ian Mahinmi, Gerald Wallace

RFA's - Kevin Love, Jason Thompson, Nick Young, Brandon Rush, Nicolas Batum, OJ (hold the)Mayo, Javalee McGee

Have fun, cheer up - we could be Wizards fans!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

Re: Cap money, UFA's and RFA's!

You still haven't posted the link for the Bynum/Juvenile trade. I saw Bynum playing for the Lakers against the Jazz yesterday so the question is:

Did you flat out lie or was it a drug induced rant?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Posts from null are hidden

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Cap money, UFA's and RFA's!:
    Green is an unrestricted free agent. I wouldn't sign him.
    Posted by Kirk6

I know, and I think we can get him at a bargain!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

In Response to Re: Cap money, UFA's and RFA's! : I know, and I think we can get him at a bargain!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

Green will most likely go to whatever team offers him the most money.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Posts from mtrax are hidden

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I think Green will sign here if we want him.  Trades will have to be done because this crop of free agents after Deron Williams and Dwight does not seem so rich.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

Posts from null are hidden
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

Ahhhhhh you lied. I'll alter my signature again to specify that once again you have been cherry picked and found out!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cherry_picking_%28fallacy%29

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

its probably smartest to either get people around Rondo that can run, similiar to Golden State or New York. or if Rondo is traded you make a huge push to sign Deron Williams. with Deron Williams comes alot of other players that will want to play with him. 

i think you sign Green, and i think he wants to be here. he feels bad for not being able to play this season and will come at somewhat of a bargain. Kevin Love is the most intruiging to me, cold is no issue as he currently plays in Minnesota, he instantly changes the rebounding culture around here.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Yes, but before we start planning the next off season, what about this season?  We are starting to see injuries.  Some teams will start dropping out of contention.  There will be moves made.

Hey, it is all still exciting!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

If DHoward or DWilliams doesn't want to come to Boston... Then I don't want them here either. Things could change.. I understand that. The only other name that I like is KLove. But I wouldn't brake the bank to get him.
        I just keep thinking, that if there's noone that could really put us back to where we want to be... then don't spend the $$$ yet. Rebuild through the draft just like we did before, and play that trump card ($$$) when the time is right. Don't foolishly blow it for the "Now". ala Rick Pitino.   
        The way I look at it, is we need size. Championships are won in the paint. We have a good point guard, so we don't need to spend $$$ there. If we can upgrade in that department... so be it. But I wouldn't brake the bank there either. Put some thoroughbreds/finishers at the 2 and 3 to run with Rondo. ala Jason Kidd's Nets. But big men are needed for the half court game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Rebuilding through the draft is going to be a must for DA this year. We are going to have two picks in the 1st round, so DA better get these picks right. Unfortunately, he likes to take gambles and has drafted guys that are nothing in this league. DA needs to draft athletic players who can run with Rondo. There are going to be some good ones in the middle of the 1st round. Terrence Jones, Arnett Moultrie, and Fab Melo are just to name a few. If I were DA, I would see what it would take to get KLove. The guy is a beast on the boards and averages 20 points. Given our lack of rebounding, he can help.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BREDSOXFAN. Show BREDSOXFAN's posts

what this team needs is to play with some heart?

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

In Response to Re: Cap money, UFA's and RFA's! : What it would take to get Kevin Love?  answer: McHale returning to the Wolves front office.
    Posted by Fiercest34

You may be right Fierce, but its worth a look at least!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Cap money, UFA's and RFA's!":
    In Response to Re: Cap money, UFA's and RFA's! : Old legs is the problem, not the heart. Posted by Fiercest34
    Exactly! Pierce, Ray, and KG have the exact same heart but as those of us who have played know, you wake up and start finding that you're not as fast, not as strong, can't jump as high as the guys 5 to 10 years younger. That's our guys. Red - good post, IMO. Love is the one that excites me. Nick Young is not consistent and doesn't play D. He's not worth a big contract. I'd suggest we build through the draft. Moore can be as good as Nick for a lot less money.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Cap money, UFA's and RFA's! : You may be right Fierce, but its worth a look at least!
    Posted by CelticFanLA

Agree that Kevin Love would be a great addition next season.  With the cap space we will have next season we should be able to sign some good players to begin rebuilding.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kccorwin. Show kccorwin's posts

It will be hard to get him as Tiberwolves will match any offer. I think we need to be prudent with our money  and build from the draft. There will be some great bargains in 2013 when the penalties for being over the cap will kick in. We can still be good if we can keep Ray and Kevin at a much reduced salary. I have to laugh though at those who post that they will sign for minimum. That will not happen at this stage of their careers.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Ray, yes. Not sure we can sign Kevin. He may be frustrated as hips inabilities and he is the kind of independently wealthy sole to just leave the game if ehe's not happy. More importantly, I don't think we can be "good" as you say because as much as his production has fallen this year, it will fall more next year. He is a role player now.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I believe our first priority should be to go after Kevin Love HARD.  We really need to go after this guy and get him.  I also believe we need to re-sign Pietrus, hope Bass opts in (player option) and sign Jeff Green.

I'd look to sign Ray and KG for identical 2 year contracts worth $8M ($4M per year) with the 2nd year a team option.  I'd let them know before signing it that they would come off the bench.  They would not be starters.

I'd continue to develop the youngs (Moore, Johnson, Stiemsma) and Bradley.

The Celtics would be left with a spot or two for a FA big man(men) and a draft pick who could help immediately (Clips #1).

Rondo, Pietrus, Love, Pierce (or Green), FA CENTER - starting five
    Bradley, Ray, Bass, KG, Green (or Pierce), Stiemsma - 2nd unit
    Johnson, Moore, "Clips #1 pick", "Celts #1 pick", FA Big.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

I believe our first priority should be to go after Kevin Love HARD.  We really need to go after this guy and get him.  I also believe we need to re-sign Pietrus, hope Bass opts in (player option) and sign Jeff Green. I'd look to sign Ray and KG for identical 2 year contracts worth $8M ($4M per year) with the 2nd year a team option.  I'd let them know before signing it that they would come off the bench.  They would not be starters. I'd continue to develop the youngs (Moore, Johnson, Stiemsma) and Bradley. The Celtics would be left with a spot or two for a FA big man(men) and a draft pick who could help immediately (Clips #1). Rondo, Pietrus, Love, Pierce (or Green), FA CENTER - starting five Bradley, Ray, Bass, KG, Green (or Pierce), Stiemsma - 2nd unit Johnson, Moore, "Clips #1 pick", "Celts #1 pick", FA Big.
    Posted by Petey62

If you think Minnesota will not sign Love you are crazy.

Sections
Shortcuts