Cap money, UFA's and RFA's!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Re: Cap money, UFA's and RFA's!

In Response to Re: Cap money, UFA's and RFA's!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cap money, UFA's and RFA's! : If you think Minnesota will not sign Love you are crazy.
    Posted by mtrax[/QUOTE]
    There is no doubt in my mind that Minnesota will look to lock him up but the Celtics should still make a play at him.  Make the max offer and simply let the T-Wolves match.  I don't think we should NOT go after a player because we believe their current team will "match" that offer.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

Minnesota has 3 PF's.
    Love, Derrick Williams and Tolliver.
    Minnesota and LA could put together a trade package around Ridnour/Love for Gasol or Bynum.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

BUT  -

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/218129/Love_Declares_Himself_Best_Power_Forward_Wont_Commit_To_Signing_Max_Deal_With_Wolves

All is fair in "Love" and war!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Fiercest34, if a player is a RFA, teams will make an offer knowing that player's current team will or will not match.  This is the business and strained relationships should not come into play here.  Bottom line is Boston cannot offer Love any more money than Minnesota can so I don't see what the issue is here.

I think it also lets Minnesota know that Boston is truly interested and can be a trade (or sign and trade) partner if that option became available.

I hope the perception of a team making an offer to a RFA IS NOT analogous to a man trying to steal another man's girlfriend even if he knew she won't leave.  I think these teams and GMs are a little more business-minded than that.

In addition, if Minny needed to make a trade in the future and the Celtics had the pieces that would improve Minny, I doubt Minny would be reluctanct because the Celtics offered Love a max contract when he was a RFA.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cap money, UFA's and RFA's! : Kevin Love, the NBA's best rebounder and only 23 years old for a 31-year old Pau Gasol or for Sam Bowie's nephew? Who are you kidding?
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Bynum's last injury was during the 2009-10 season.
    He looks great to me.

Rubio running the floor with his buddy and fellow Spainard Pau Gasol would be great to see. Kevin Love in a Lakers uniform would also be great to see.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cap money, UFA's and RFA's! : Lakers C Andrew Bynum injures surgically repaired knee Read more:  http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2011-04-13/lakers-c-andrew-bynum-injures-surgically-repaired-knee#ixzz1jM9wDwc5 Clearly your mouth is bigger than your brain.

Bynum missed 1 game because of this and that was just precautionary rest.
    The best big man in the West is healthy!!!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cap money, UFA's and RFA's! : Injured in 2008, injured in 2009, injured in 2010, and injured in 2011.  Played 35 games in 2008, played 50 games in 2009, played 65 games in 2010, and played 54 games in 2011. It's still January, Andrew Bynum usually gets injured after the All-Star break. Be patient!

On a different note - I would be curious to see who (besides Love) we should offer our cap space to next year!!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cap money, UFA's and RFA's! : Injured in 2008, injured in 2009, injured in 2010, and injured in 2011.  Played 35 games in 2008, played 50 games in 2009, played 65 games in 2010, and played 54 games in 2011. It's still January, Andrew Bynum usually gets injured after the All-Star break. Be patient!

Sitting out the last game of the season (2011) does not count as an injury.
    It's so funny that your team is in such shambles that all you have left is to hope that other teams players get injured.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

[QUOTE]I believe our first priority should be to go after Kevin Love HARD.  We really need to go after this guy and get him.  I also believe we need to re-sign Pietrus, hope Bass opts in (player option) and sign Jeff Green. I'd look to sign Ray and KG for identical 2 year contracts worth $8M ($4M per year) with the 2nd year a team option.  I'd let them know before signing it that they would come off the bench.  They would not be starters. I'd continue to develop the youngs (Moore, Johnson, Stiemsma) and Bradley. The Celtics would be left with a spot or two for a FA big man(men) and a draft pick who could help immediately (Clips #1). Rondo, Pietrus, Love, Pierce (or Green), FA CENTER - starting five Bradley, Ray, Bass, KG, Green (or Pierce), Stiemsma - 2nd unit Johnson, Moore, "Clips #1 pick", "Celts #1 pick", FA Big.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]
    Agree, but it may take more money than you're offering and some serious prunes by DA but someone has to tell Ray & KG that they will be coming off the bench next year (a that point I think KG will opt to retire).

Bass & Pietrus are a definite and Green is a maybe in my book. DH & DWill are pipe dreams and KLove is wishfull thinking. I don't want OJ, N. Young, or Mo but I would defintely make a hard push for J. McGee. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cap money, UFA's and RFA's! : If we don't get DH we should just save the money and build through the draft. Why waste money on 2nd tier free-agents?

Get ready for 24-58 AGAIN.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cap money, UFA's and RFA's! : Your brain is so dry from all those drugs you are taking. WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT HOW MANY MISSED GAMES! The mere fact Bynum gets injured every year makes him an injury prone player.  And I'm not hoping for Bynum to get injured. Sam Bowie's genes is responsible for that.

Almost every player gets injured to some degree each year and misses a game or two. Including Pierce, Garnett and Rondo.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cap money, UFA's and RFA's! : We all know Minny can offer more money. Love didn't say he won't sign with Minny. So what's the point in offering Love a contract if we all know the Wolves will just match? Just to make the Wolves sweat?
    Love did not say he won't sign with Minny.  Also, Love did not say he WOULD sign with Minny.  If Love is a RFA at season's end, nobody but Love knows where he'll sign so that is the reason you have to at least make an offer.

Minny might NOT want to sign him to a max contract.  You/I never know but we cannot do it for fear of straining a relationship.

I understand your point but it's done (offering RFA contracts) every year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cap money, UFA's and RFA's! : Love did not say he won't sign with Minny.  Also, Love did not say he WOULD sign with Minny.  If Love is a RFA at season's end, nobody but Love knows where he'll sign so that is the reason you have to at least make an offer. Minny might NOT want to sign him to a max contract.  You/I never know but we cannot do it for fear of straining a relationship. I understand your point but it's done (offering RFA contracts) every year.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

Danny offered JJ Redick a contract in his RFA year - it was matched by ORL.  Didn't seem to hurt us in trading Baby for Bass.
    Offer them ALL contracts, we have the money.  See what sticks, and go from there.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cap money, UFA's and RFA's! : 24-58 only means we're closer to getting Anthony Davis. By the time your Lakers will miss the playoffs 2-3 years from now, the Celts will be back in the hunt for banner 18.

You aren't getting Anthony Davis when you will have the 13th or 14th pick this year. 24-58 will probably happen next year, the year after.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts