Cap situation after deal??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Cap situation after deal??

Does anyone know what our cap situation will be after letting KG, PP and either Terry/Lee go?

We should have enough money to get 2 key free agents.

We are going to have a PG and Center that can't shoot FT's in Rondo and Jordan.

We need Mayo and Josh Smith

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Re: Cap situation after deal??

Hold the Mayo please, I like Smith not for a max deal though too many braindead moments. The guy I would love to get from ATL Is Horford and L Williams and their 2 picks. Let ATL have Smith and Rondo and we'll have one of the deepest and versatile front courts in the leagu and ,a nightmarish backcourt to match up against . Get a guy like Bynum,D Harris to play point and I really like that team; Jordan,Horford,Bass,Sully, Randoplh,Butler,Williams,Crawford,Bradley,Lee,Bynum/Harris and a rook or a player like T Harris or Harkless that we got for 2 of 4 picks and I still like what I saw in T Will too.. Have a coach like Karl as coach and I like that team.
     I think that would work. I'm not saying it is going to happen but just a thought. There are a lot of teams looking to makeover their teams this off season ;Toronto,Denver,Pheonix,Portland,Orlando there are deals to be nade fo sure so I'm not in a hurry to make this Clip trade happen

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

Does anyone know what our cap situation will be after letting KG, PP and either Terry/Lee go?

We should have enough money to get 2 key free agents.

We are going to have a PG and Center that can't shoot FT's in Rondo and Jordan.

We need Mayo and Josh Smith

No change in salary from the KG for Jordan swap ... Save $5MM if Terry is part of the deal reducing team salary to $68MM. The best thing that could happen is for Pierce to be traded for another key piece. Should Pierce be bought out the team salary would be reduced to $58MM or right at the NBA Cap. It makes more sense to trade Pierce outright to a team looking to cut him themselves for $5MM thus reducing their cap by the difference in the player they give to the C's in a deal. Otherwise the C's would have to let Pierce's contract for 2013-14' kick in and look to trade him later. Don't see much cap space being created here depending on Pierce.

Can't the celtics amnesty Pierce and take the WHOLE $17M off the cap?

i know the owners would still be on the hook for the total amount (instead of the $5M Buy out).

but would the extra $5M put us in line for TWO players at around $5M each in FA?

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

No cap space with this trade, even if they do waive Pierce

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I just can't believe that Danny structured such an aweful multi-year contract with a trade kicker for an old deteriorating Terry.  Incompetent transaction.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TPETTEWAY1. Show TPETTEWAY1's posts

In response to darrylfries' comment:

http://www.celticslife.com/2013/05/breaking-down-celtics-salary-cap.html

Starting with the current money on the books ($73.1 million) and subtracting $15.3 for Pierce and $11.5 for Garnett, the Celtics would suddenly be down to just $46.3 in commitments for next season.  We would still owe 5 mil on Pierce's buyout but by losing Terry's 5 mil   we are   still going  be around 46 mil with a 60 mil Cap

hey idiot your getting players back for those guys . hoe bout adding in their salarlies

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtaddict. Show celtaddict's posts

Trade kg terry lee.(Roughly 22 million) take back Jordan and butler(roughly 20 mill) this brings us  to 71 million not including the 3 non guaranteed contracts. send butler to cavs for a pick. Pierce a number one and 3million to magic for a future 2 magic buy out pierce use 3 million to help pay buy out. So magic get a number one for 2 million.   Trade Jordan to Portland for number 10 pick. I think blazers can absorb this Because under the cap. So,  71 minus 8 for butler 15 for pierce and 12 for Jordan and cap now at 36 mill. Add in 3 million for number 10 pick and end at 39. Find someone to take craw fords 2.2million and sign big al for 10 and smith for 12  use 5 mill mid level for redick.  Start rondo redick green smith and big al. Bass sully Bradley pick 10 and 16 Melo And a couple vet min like BarbOsa. Maybe can flip bass for a shooter off the bench 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

In response to rameakap's comment:

No cap space with this trade, even if they do waive Pierce

Rame ... did you know that the C's can either buyout or waive Pierce? There is a difference that most don't realize ....

If the Buy-Out is used then Pierce can't resign with the C's but if he is waived the C's can resign him as a free agent w/o Bird Rts meaning it would have to be for exception $. Would Pierce do that ... accept BAE or Minimum to stay with the C's? It would be foolish to use the MLE as that would be needed for another FA.

Yup, I know the difference between the amnesty and the 5m waiving. If we amnesty him the only point is to have cap space and other players would have to be gone to get some. Not just swapping KG for Jordan, so that route is pointless.

The C's should trade him and get something so another team can waive him and save money. No way he returns for an exception unless KG or Doc are here.

Sections
Shortcuts