Captain Contemplates Career

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Re: Captain Contemplates Career

In Response to Captain Contemplates Career:
    http://bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/celtics/view.bg?&articleid=1061124470&format=&page=1&listingType=celt#articleFull “Well, I figure this might be my last time anyway going to Jersey,” Pierce said before last night’s 84-79 loss to the Raptors. “This could be my last year playing.” He then laughed, making it seem he was perhaps kidding. But he didn’t step back when asked about it further. “You never know, man,” Pierce said. “I don’t know. I’ve got to preserve my body for the rest of my life.” Hit with the basic  John McEnroe  line — you cannot be serious — he shook his head. “I don’t know,” said the second-leading scorer in Celtics history. “I’ve thought about it. I don’t know. I’ve got to see how my summer goes with my kids.”
    Posted by Mployee8

wow! 

its interesting, you KNOW Paul doesnt want to go thru another rebuilding period..not at his age. i think he might be waiting to see wat the other two (kg and ray) do, bc im not sure he wants to be the only one left.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Kind of doubt he would hang them up yet.  He is a gym rat that loves playing.  Injuries are the thing that could make him retire early.  Not many people would leave that kind of money.  He said one that is probably right,  doubt he will be going back to NJ.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Captain Contemplates Career:
    In Response to Captain Contemplates Career : wow!  its interesting, you KNOW Paul doesnt want to go thru another rebuilding period..not at his age. i think he might be waiting to see wat the other two (kg and ray) do, bc im not sure he wants to be the only one left.
    Posted by JamezHill24

You may be right.  If KG and Ray decide to retire, it is possible that Paul doesn't want to play another year without them.  Although, at the beginning of the season I heard many speculating that KG could retire after this season, (due to his slow start), but he is currently playing great and I don't see him retiring now.  I also don't believe that Ray would retire either.   If KG and Ray decide not to retire, but are not resigned by the Celtics, that could also be a deciding factor for Paul.  As long as Paul retires as a Celtic, I am ok with whatever he decides. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

He hurt his foot and is exhausted.  He is feeling the pressure from what lies ahead this season.  The odds of him quitting with two more years on that 15 mil a year contract are close to zero.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

With two max free agents and two first round draft choices, we won't be rebuilding, we will be reloading.
    Posted by Kirk6

there arent two max free agents out there that would allow us to "reload."

only effective thing we could do is spread the money out getting several good players with good depth, similar to what the Grizz have.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

Perfect Scenario is we go deep into the playoffs. Win the title. Big 3 all retire together. I can see them actually doing something like that. IF we keep playing like we are, this is very possible.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Perfect Scenario is we go deep into the playoffs. Win the title. Big 3 all retire together. I can see them actually doing something like that. IF we keep playing like we are, this is very possible.
    Posted by allen2034

Now that is the ultimate story.  There would be books written on that. I better our fellow Laker fans would be buying them babies.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

I don't think he's going to leave 30 mil on the table either, or a chance to chew away at Havelchek's  scoring record.  we all know Pierce is a drama queen and I think he just wants people to remind him that he's special and how the Celtics need him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I don't think he's going to leave 30 mil on the table either, or a chance to chew away at Havelchek's  scoring record.  we all know Pierce is a drama queen and I think he just wants people to remind him that he's special and how the Celtics need him.
    Posted by passfirst

To Jamez-  this is exactly what I was talking about with Rondo. 
    Passfirst- not a knock on you personally - please don't take it that way.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Bye

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

In Response to Re: Captain Contemplates Career : Now that is the ultimate story.  There would be books written on that. I better our fellow Laker fans would be buying them babies.
    Posted by OneOnOne

Is this happening before Bynum rode Shaq's coat tail or after?

Laughing

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

Posted by allen2034

No doubt about it.  This is a very real possibility.  Enjoy the ride.

As Always,

Sections
Shortcuts