Carmelo: "Expect War When Knicks Face Celtics!"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Carmelo: "Expect War When Knicks Face Celtics!"

Carmelo a war you want, a war you will get.

What do the Celtics need to do to beat the Knicks in this series?

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: Carmelo: "Expect War When Knicks Face Celtics!"

Just play their game and be gritty...  Turn on that switch and find that killer instinc to stay consistent and finish games..... their problem all year. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RampageIMT. Show RampageIMT's posts

Play defense.  I know we can score on them anytime we want.  If we play good defense the series should be over in 5 games max. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from medvegasguy. Show medvegasguy's posts

Well, we should beat the Knicks, anyway.  If they can't get it done in 6 or less, it's real trouble.  Sadly, I don't see us getting past the second round.  We just aren't a  "team." 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

In Response to Re: Carmelo: "Expect War When Knicks Face Celtics!":
    Well, we should beat the Knicks, anyway.  If they can't get it done in 6 or less, it's real trouble.  Sadly, I don't see us getting past the second round.  We just aren't a  "team." 
    Posted by medvegasguy

Sixers will take out Heat, or at least beat them up...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

It appears Billups will push Melo to defend...Toney Douglas is going to be in Rondo's face every step of the way...

What C's need to do is step out and defend the 3, as Knicks love to heave it up...they are like a March Madness team, living and dieing by the three...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Celtics, please shut Carmelo and Amare up. Their opinions of themselves far exceed their actual talents, IMO.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JREwing. Show JREwing's posts

Beavis hit it right on the head. Chauncy has been there before and has enough leadership and ability to deliver in the clutch. That's why he's called, "Mr Big Shot"- Maybe the C's can sign 'Sheed and Robert Horry before the playoffs start!- Then we'd be the 'Sheed & we'd have Big Shot Rob!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fitz0527. Show fitz0527's posts

Score more points.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

The Celtics should win this first playoff series.  It may be close, but I don't expect it will go to seven games.   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

I am sorry, but this should be a four game sweep by the Celtics.

The Knicks play very little defense.  The focus will return once the play-offs start.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Carmelo: "Expect War When Knicks Face Celtics!":
    Carmelo a war you want, a war you will get. What do the Celtics need to do to beat the Knicks in this series? Thoughts?
    Posted by beavis

The only war 'melo will ever be involved in is the war on drugs and he will be on the other side.... who cares what he says?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

In Response to Carmelo: "Expect War When Knicks Face Celtics!" : The only war 'melo will ever be involved in is the war on drugs and he will be on the other side.... who cares what he says?
    Posted by TheDUDDER

Just more hyperbole in regards to a game/series. Expect War? Perhaps if they were playing by the rules that existed in 1989. But now? It's nothing like that.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In Response to Carmelo: "Expect War When Knicks Face Celtics!" : The only war 'melo will ever be involved in is the war on drugs and he will be on the other side.... who cares what he says?
    Posted by TheDUDDER

That reminds me of the famous Anthony Mason quote where he stated that after his playing days were over, he would "probably work in the criminal justice system; I'm not sure what side yet"! One of my favorites..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

This series will not be a cakewalk by any means, including tonight's game which means very little, the celtics will still need to beat the knicks 3 straight times in beantown, and the way they have been playing, I highly doubt that is possible. The knicks could have home court advantage in this series by early next week. Enjoy!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from calvinator. Show calvinator's posts

I am sorry, but this should be a four game sweep by the Celtics. The Knicks play very little defense.  The focus will return once the play-offs start.
    Posted by MinnesotaCelticsFan

You are right on point. A team that play's no defense going to war. What a comical point by Carmelo. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

The word "war" when used in the context of a basketball game is stupid.  I am so tired of that word being used.  And Carmelo Anthony is just what the NY hype machine needed to help masquerade the Knicks as actual challengers in the east.  That team has major holes and plays no defense.   

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

I think it would be unwise to assume the Knicks won't play defense. The Knicks gave the Bulls problems last night WITHOUT Amar'e on the court. The Knicks CAN be a defensive team if they want to, and I'm sure they'll turn up the defensive intensity in the playoffs.

If the Celtics underestimate the Knicks, it will be a LONG series, especially if they're hitting 3's like they did last night. They have more than enough shooters to make this an interesting first round battle.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

The team that scores more points wins and the Knicks put up about 100 pts per game so where is the scoring gonna come from for us..... besides Pierce and KG....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

The team that scores more points wins and the Knicks put up about 100 pts per game so where is the scoring gonna come from for us..... besides Pierce and KG....
    Posted by KGLove

RA, Jeff Green, Rondo and BBD!!!!  Toss in about 10/game from SHAQ!!!

Sections
Shortcuts