Carmelo reportedly went after Kevin Garnett because he told him his wife 'tastes like honey nut cheerios'

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Whendex. Show Whendex's posts

Carmelo reportedly went after Kevin Garnett because he told him his wife 'tastes like honey nut cheerios'

http://www.celticslife.com/2013/01/carmelo-reportedly-went-after-kevin.html

If that is true, Too funny.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Carmelo reportedly went after Kevin Garnett because he told him his wife 'tastes like honey nut cheerios'

That is perfection.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Re: Carmelo reportedly went after Kevin Garnett because he told him his wife 'tastes like honey nut cheerios'

I know this makes me a bad person, but I laughed REALLY hard at that. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DarkFenX89. Show DarkFenX89's posts

I'll admit that KG probably took that trash talking a little too far in this case but I couldn't help but laugh at his choice for this simile.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Whendex. Show Whendex's posts

When I first read this I laughed so hard.. I Had to share it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I think that Garnett showed class by that compliment.  Honey Nut Cheerios are pretty tasty.

He could have insulted Meleo by catagorizing the taste as rancid skunk drippings or something less appealing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

I thought the same thing

Honey Nut Cheerios

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

That is so funny

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

All CA had to say is ; You do know that was just the flavor lube she likes to use,but thanx for cleaning up after me.

What a punk. Remember the weenie that would always want to wait until after schooland then when you popped him right away he started crying and ran all the way to the principals office,that kid turned out to be Carmelo Anthony. Hlaf the fun of sports is the trash talking, can't stand the heat ? Get out the kitchen. I remember when I still had knees places like the old Boston St.,Dover,Fenway,Memorial etc etc you would hear some crazy trash talking most of it really funny even then there was always some nimrod get too serious about it. Some dudes were so good at it they'd take you out of your because you were laughing so hard. There was this one Italian dude that hung out at fenway and Memorial that could be talkin s h it AT Me and I'd be crackin he was just freakin funny. NO BS I think the dudes was Geno, I'm not lyin I'm pretty sure that was his name. It was the 70s though so that might be a little blurry.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to Whendex's comment:

http://www.celticslife.com/2013/01/carmelo-reportedly-went-after-kevin.html

If that is true, Too funny.

how the heck do you come up with that in the middle of a game? LOL

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

They were just talking about it on ATH   lol   Jackie's smirk said it all.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

I think that Garnett showed class by that compliment.  Honey Nut Cheerios are pretty tasty.

He could have insulted Meleo by catagorizing the taste as rancid skunk drippings or something less appealing.

LOL!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

The as-of-yet-totally-uncomfirmed-but-still-hilarious theory is that, at one point during last night’s game, Garnett told Anthony that Anthony’s wife “tastes like Honey Nut Cheerios.” Again, this tidbit’s unconfirmed nature bears repeating. But still. Honey Nut Cheerios?

What does it mean? If Kevin Garnett told me my wife tasted like Honey Nut Cheerios, I’d not only be angry — don’t tell me my wife tastes like anything, Guy On The Other Team — but I’d be confused, too. I like Honey Nut Cheerios. They are delicious.

So, in addition to being angry, I’d also be confused. So I’d be confused and angry. Which would only make me angrier. I might even go to the Celtics team bus and ask Kevin Garnett just what the hell he meant when he said my wife tastes like Honey Nut Cheerios. A cereal that I love. The inner turmoil would be off the charts, especially if my smoothly-goateed coach, a few NYPD officers, and a barrage of very tiny MSG security officials were politely telling me to keep it moving. I’d want answers. I’d be seeing red.

Honey Nut Cheerios?!

According to the AP report, the two eventually did talk, and “sorted out the matter.” We expect the manner to remain sorted… until the next time the Knicks play the Celtics, and Garnett tells Anthony his mom tastes like Boo Berry. Then the beef’s back on.

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nba/carmelo-garnett-honey-nut-cheerios/

Bingo...lol. Garnett was doing his job and getting under Anthony's skin. It seems he did this very successfully since Anthony lost his cool.

It doesn't matter to me what Garnett said. He is known for trash talking and Anthony should not have let it bother him. Happens to the best I suppose..lol

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Whendex. Show Whendex's posts

Not sure the correct command line to insert image... Here's a link.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-MPArFu6K4G4/UOym0dxZKdI/AAAAAAAAOK4/oImLRBEgVUE/s1600/BAHd5y0CAAAtX7G-1.jpg-large.jpeg

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

In response to Whendex's comment:

That is the picture of the year lol

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

It reminds me of the movie Slapshot.

me too, if only he chased Garnett into the stands while Pierce went in for the winning layup.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

In response to DarkFenX89's comment:

I'll admit that KG probably took that trash talking a little too far in this case but I couldn't help but laugh at his choice for this simile.

Trash talking doesn't go too far, it's just talk.  Only mental midgets who are still baby boys let that sort of thing effect them.  The fact that he needed to talk to KG later on in order to sort out his feelings is even more pathetic.  KG must be laughing his but off.  Practice will be fun for the C's over the next couple days.   

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Oh, for a mike on KG during a game or three.  The tapes would be priceless.

Sections
Shortcuts