CAVS BEAT HEAT.. NOW DO YOU GRASP WHY THE CELTS HAVE STRUGGLED LATELY?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

CAVS BEAT HEAT.. NOW DO YOU GRASP WHY THE CELTS HAVE STRUGGLED LATELY?

is there anyone jumping off the cliff in miami? is it all over? time to give up on the rest of their sesaon? i almost posted yesterday that the cavs would win this one but didnt have the time to do so. teams like the cavs right now are playing with house money with nothing to lose. for a regular season game like a team down 2-0 in the playoffs they can bring so much emotion and intangible leverage to the table that can keep their adrenaline offf the charts compared to the more talented team. talent is but one thing. if this were a back to back series or best of 3, miamim kills them the next 2. teams like the celts and heat generally play at a high consistent level during the season and simply cant be going off the charts as if its the seventh game in the finals for any game esp versus an irrelevant cleveland team. for the cavs this was their finals! they may go and lose their next 5 games but will always have miami! 

likewise the minnesotas, clippers, phillys, new jerseys and bobcats of the world all still measure the celts as their super bowl or championship. for them its everything, for us just another opportunity to work on other stuff. simply not going to consistently match them in intensity at thos stage. versus spurs, i expect us to play 48. its a different game at times.. get off the ledge you doomers!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

Re: CAVS BEAT HEAT.. NOW DO YOU GRASP WHY THE CELTS HAVE STRUGGLED LATELY?

In Response to CAVS BEAT HEAT.. NOW DO YOU GRASP WHY THE CELTS HAVE STRUGGLED LATELY?:
    [QUOTE]is there anyone jumping off the cliff in miami? is it all over? time to give up on the rest of their sesaon? i almost posted yesterday that the cavs would win this one but didnt have the time to do so. teams like the cavs right now are playing with house money with nothing to lose. for a regular season game like a team down 2-0 in the playoffs they can bring so much emotion and intangible leverage to the table that can keep their adrenaline offf the charts compared to the more talented team. talent is but one thing. if this were a back to back series or best of 3, miamim kills them the next 2. teams like the celts and heat generally play at a high consistent level during the season and simply cant be going off the charts as if its the seventh game in the finals for any game esp versus an irrelevant cleveland team. for the cavs this was their finals! they may go and lose their next 5 games but will always have miami!  likewise the minnesotas, clippers, phillys, new jerseys and bobcats of the world all still measure the celts as their super bowl or championship. for them its everything, for us just another opportunity to work on other stuff. simply not going to consistently match them in intensity at thos stage. versus spurs, i expect us to play 48. its a different game at times.. get off the ledge you doomers!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

If you don't believe that the Celtics are trying to win those games, then you're wrong, plain and simple.  Where was game 7 last year?  People like yourself might discount it, but seeding and home court is very important in the playoffs.  Boston might have bucked that trend all the way to game 7 last year, but they couldn't get over the hump because the game was in LA.  In fact, during Boston's 2008 title year, they took advantage of Home Court in defeating the Hawks and Cavaliers in Game 7.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to CAVS BEAT HEAT.. NOW DO YOU GRASP WHY THE CELTS HAVE STRUGGLED LATELY?:
    [QUOTE]

is there anyone jumping off the cliff in miami? is it all over? time to give up on the rest of their sesaon? i almost posted yesterday that the cavs would win this one but didnt have the time to do so. teams like the cavs right now are playing with house money with nothing to lose. for a regular season game like a team down 2-0 in the playoffs they can bring so much emotion and intangible leverage to the table that can keep their adrenaline offf the charts compared to the more talented team. talent is but one thing. if this were a back to back series or best of 3, miamim kills them the next 2. teams like the celts and heat generally play at a high consistent level during the season and simply cant be going off the charts as if its the seventh game in the finals for any game esp versus an irrelevant cleveland team. for the cavs this was their finals! they may go and lose their next 5 games but will always have miami! 

likewise the minnesotas, clippers, phillys, new jerseys and bobcats of the world all still measure the celts as their super bowl or championship. for them its everything, for us just another opportunity to work on other stuff. simply not going to consistently match them in intensity at thos stage. versus spurs, i expect us to play 48. its a different game at times.. get off the ledge you doomers!

Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

[/QUOTE]

-

Good stuff, Commie.  Not too far off the mark, not to farfetched.

But you seem to be all over the map on whether the Celts are done or not. Are you a doom & gloomer or do you think the Celtics will prevail in the playoffs?

Make a stand and tell us;  do you think the Celtics have chance to win banner number 18 this year?

-

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: CAVS BEAT HEAT.. NOW DO YOU GRASP WHY THE CELTS HAVE STRUGGLED LATELY?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to CAVS BEAT HEAT.. NOW DO YOU GRASP WHY THE CELTS HAVE STRUGGLED LATELY? : If you don't believe that the Celtics are trying to win those games, then you're an idiot, plain and simple.  Where was game 7 last year?  Dummies like yourself might discount it, but seeding and home court is very important in the playoffs.  Boston might have bucked that trend all the way to game 7 last year, but they couldn't get over the hump because the game was in LA.  In fact, during Boston's 2008 title year, they took advantage of Home Court in defeating the Hawks and Cavaliers in Game 7.
    Posted by victorlee1234[/QUOTE]first of victor, you are much better than the personal attacks. you can attack the post on its own merit but i really do not have time for the name-calling. i do not care much for your response, would you like me to drop some infantile curse names on you because of it?

that said, i do believe we wanted to win and showed in spurts. prob is putting it together for 48 minutes. we constantly got down by double digits as others have learned that if they can punch us in the mouth we cave. we get ahead and other teams feel if they just hang on and weather the storm, we will bail on the effort. i dont think its deliberate, its psychological and mental. i just think once they are in that do or die moment of the playoffs and can concentrate fully on ONE team at a time, something will kick in. no bak to baks, no surprises. i believe they best equipped for that situation and context. that is my opinion. you are welcome to civilly disagree!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: CAVS BEAT HEAT.. NOW DO YOU GRASP WHY THE CELTS HAVE STRUGGLED LATELY?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to CAVS BEAT HEAT.. NOW DO YOU GRASP WHY THE CELTS HAVE STRUGGLED LATELY? : - Good stuff, Commie.  Not too far off the mark, not to farfetched. But you seem to be all over the map on whether the Celts are done or not. Are you a doom & gloomer or do you think the Celtics will prevail in the playoffs? Make a stand and tell us;  do you think the Celtics have chance to win banner number 18 this year? -
    Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOTE]absolutely! this team is primed for #18 esp if on'neals return with wafer to shore up the depth. we have length, athleticism, experience, overall health, and the right mix of youth with age. in playoffs, things are different. u focus on one team, no big surprises, no bak to baks.. the best is yet to come! this team can dominate both on the road or at home, doesnt matter who the opponent is!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]
    In Response to Re: CAVS BEAT HEAT.. NOW DO YOU GRASP WHY THE CELTS HAVE STRUGGLED LATELY? : absolutely! this team is primed for #18 esp if on'neals return with wafer to shore up the depth. we have length, athleticism, experience, overall health, and the right mix of youth with age. in playoffs, things are different. u focus on one team, no big surprises, no bak to baks.. the best is yet to come! this team can dominate both on the road or at home, doesnt matter who the opponent is!

-

Then you and I are allies, we have no axe to grind.

If you are as sick of the naysayers and doomers as I am, then let's join forces to lay waste to their fields of negativity.

Let the battles begin!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CAVS BEAT HEAT.. NOW DO YOU GRASP WHY THE CELTS HAVE STRUGGLED LATELY? : first of victor, you are much better than the personal attacks. you can attack the post on its own merit but i really do not have time for the name-calling. i do not care much for your response, would you like me to drop some infantile curse names on you because of it? that said, i do believe we wanted to win and showed in spurts. prob is putting it together for 48 minutes. we constantly got down by double digits as others have learned that if they can punch us in the mouth we cave. we get ahead and other teams feel if they just hang on and weather the storm, we will bail on the effort. i dont think its deliberate, its psychological and mental. i just think once they are in that do or die moment of the playoffs and can concentrate fully on ONE team at a time, something will kick in. no bak to baks, no surprises. i believe they best equipped for that situation and context. that is my opinion. you are welcome to civilly disagree!

Even though I stand by the meat of my argument, I regret the personal references.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I was just happy to see Cleveland beat Miami.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indiansbacker. Show Indiansbacker's posts

[QUOTE]I was just happy to see Cleveland beat Miami.  
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

I agee with you!  Now I just want to see the Celtics (or Bulls, Magic, etc.) keep the Heat from the NBA Finals!  Oh and thanks again for Luke and Semih (who is hurt)!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CAVS BEAT HEAT.. NOW DO YOU GRASP WHY THE CELTS HAVE STRUGGLED LATELY? : - Then you and I are allies, we have no axe to grind. If you are as sick of the naysayers and doomers as I am, then let's join forces to lay waste to their fields of negativity. Let the battles begin!
    Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOTE]ok comrade. always nice to have an ally! will be all kinds of challenege, bottom line when all said and done this team will figure it out!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CAVS BEAT HEAT.. NOW DO YOU GRASP WHY THE CELTS HAVE STRUGGLED LATELY? : Even though I stand by the meat of my argument, I regret the personal references.
    Posted by victorlee1234[/QUOTE]no problem, i appreciate that yo see it that way.  i post to encourage discussion esp contrarian ones. i learn more from those who disagree than from the kool-aid section. we just have to be respectful. it also makes it easier for me to digest what you are selling and saying!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

1. How do you know that no one is jumping off a cliff?

2. Miami 8-2 last 10 Celtics 5-5

3. Who cares what miami is doing focus should be on celtics and how even they don't have any answers for the recent struggles

Sections
Shortcuts