Cavs Should Trade Verajao To Celtics Now

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

Cavs Should Trade Verajao To Celtics Now

The Celtics could use Andy's overall "A" level game now.  He is 30 years old, has a minor injury (bruised knee) and is almost ready to come back. On the avarage he plays about 70% of a season.  Hopefully, he could stay healthy and help Boston win the Championship.  The Cavs would probably want a first round draft choice or reasonably young player(s).  Really, it would be a gamble for both sides.    

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

Re: Cavs Should Trade Verajao To Celtics Now

The website 82games.com say the Celtics weakest position is PF.  The stat geeks say that at that position the prouction is below ave. and the opponent's production is above ave..  The net rating pans out to be a score that from what I can ascertain is about C- .  Andy Verajao's natural position is PF.   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

He would certainly be a great addition if he cost us Lee and Melo that would fair for both sides.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Thank you Cavs fan!!!!! Wish you worked in the front office of the Cavs so you could make this happen for both sides. :) 

"He would certainly be a great addition if he cost us Lee and Melo that would fair for both sides."

Umm...no. That's not a fair deal for the Cavs. And I doubt that Ainge would trade Melo yet anyhow. 

I don't think we have anyone good enough to make this work for the Cavs but I'm sure Danny will work the phones. 

I think Gortat, a lesser player, is a more realistic target for us. 

But hey, I'll take AV. Thanks Cavs fan!!! :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

He would certainly be a great addition if he cost us Lee and Melo that would fair for both sides.

I have heard Cleveland want what I think would be much more for AV.  KG would have a second lease on life if he came here and stayed healthy.

By the way love it when you are posting. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

Thanks, everybody, for the great posts.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

In response to rameakap's comment:

I have heard Cleveland want what I think would be much more for AV.  KG would have a second lease on life if he came here and stayed healthy.

By the way love it when you are posting. 

Thanks Concord, same to you... I'd def throw a draft pick or two in there, but as of last month, before he was hurt, Cavs def wanted a lot more for AV... Cavs would prob want Lee over Bass, one has to be in there to make the salaries work... but you can't give up Avery in a deal for Varejao when he is 30+ and injury prone. BOTH Sully and Melo sounds pretty steep as well.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

Verajao was born 9/28/82.  He turned 30 last September.  Tests have shown his knee is okay but bruised.  Personally, I wouldn't mind the draft pick in exchange because I will root for a developing team.  I can appreciate watching improvement.  However some of the other people in Cleveland are so sick of the losing from all our teams and want to win now. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

OKC has a bigger chance of getting AV because right now OKC has the 8th pick of the 2013 Draft.

I doubt if OKC will even make a play for Varejao simply because they don't need him. I doubt also that they'd want to take on his annual salary of $7M until 2015. OKC built its current roster through the draft. The No. 8 pick provides them with another golden opportunity to enlist talent at minimal cost.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

Multiple post deleted.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

Multiple post deleted.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to edcap99's comment:

OKC has a bigger chance of getting AV because right now OKC has the 8th pick of the 2013 Draft.

I doubt if OKC will even make a play for Varejao simply because they don't need him. I doubt also that they'd want to take on his annual salary of $7M until 2015. OKC built its current roster through the draft. The No. 8 pick provides them with another golden opportunity to enlist talent at minimal cost.

http://nba.express900.com/2012/12/19/nba-trade-rumors-okc-thunder-interested-in-anderson-varejao/

NBA Trade Rumors: OKC Thunder Interested in Anderson Varejao?  

The Oklahoma City Thunder are rumored to having interests in acquiring the quirky Anderson Varejao from the Cleveland Cavaliers.

I think thats a couple day old.  Depending on what OKC had to give up that could make the Thunder that much more dangerous.  Imagine this lineup.  Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka, Thebo, and Andy.  Wow and bringing Martin off the bench.  They would be on the Clipper level even more so. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to edcap99's comment:

http://nba.express900.com/2012/12/19/nba-trade-rumors-okc-thunder-interested-in-anderson-varejao/

NBA Trade Rumors: OKC Thunder Interested in Anderson Varejao?  

The Oklahoma City Thunder are rumored to having interests in acquiring the quirky Anderson Varejao from the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Very interesting if this happened.  It would be great if the Celtics could acquire him.  Although, it is probably not going to happen. 

Sections
Shortcuts