Cavs Waive Leon Powe

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

Cavs Waive Leon Powe

The Cleveland Plain Dealer reported this in the Fri. morning, Feb. 25, sports section. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kccorwin. Show kccorwin's posts

Re: Cavs Waive Leon Powe

I guess all those guys crying about him leaving may have to admit he just doesn't have it anymore. He's a great guy and I would love to see him back if he can contribute but if he is not playing for Cavs he probably is still having some health issues.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I would not think Powe is in the Celtics plans.  He gave us all he had and he helped us get a ring.  However, I don't count "sentimental" as a reason to bring him back with his health issues.

I am pretty sure someone may pick him up nonetheless.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

If we can afford to have Powe as a 12th-15th player on our roster I'm all for it!!!!!!!!! I don't even care if he's got very little left it would just be nice to see a guy like Leon get the happy ending he so deserves. The guys life has been such as it would have consumed,embittered and broken almost anyone including myself and for him to come through as gracious and well mannered as he is. I personally would have no problem being short handed everynight and have him on the team. If you can't be moved and inspired by this guys life story you have no soul. If he could finish his career here it would be testament to the class and integrity of the Celtics organization. Regardless of how much he can contribute on the floor.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indiansbacker. Show Indiansbacker's posts

In Response to Re: Cavs Waive Leon Powe:
    I guess all those guys crying about him leaving may have to admit he just doesn't have it anymore. He's a great guy and I would love to see him back if he can contribute but if he is not playing for Cavs he probably is still having some health issues.
    Posted by kccorwin

Yes, poor guy is still having knee issues....  Wish him all the best....  Oh, and thanks for those two good young players you gave us for just a second round pick in 2013!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

One thing we dont need right now is another PF.. we're fine there.

Leon has seen his best days. A fan favorite but never reached his potential due to injuries.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

In Response to Re: Cavs Waive Leon Powe : Yes, poor guy is still having knee issues....  Wish him all the best....  Oh, and thanks for those two good young players you gave us for just a second round pick in 2013!
    Posted by Indiansbacker

Perk will be the same from then on----knee issue.
    Powe is not in Ainge plan -- Ainge is looking for new blood next year.

So, next year the core of the new bloods are:
    Rondo-Davis-Green nothing else....he needs more.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondo9Fan. Show RajonRondo9Fan's posts

I would love to have him back if he were HEALTHY

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

I wouldnt mind having Powe..he would be a nice 8min backup, pure love from the fans and Gino.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

I would love to have him back if he were HEALTHY
    Posted by RajonRondo9Fan

If he was healthy he would have never been gone and would not be getting released now.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indiansbacker. Show Indiansbacker's posts

In Response to Re: Cavs Waive Leon Powe : If he was healthy he would have never been gone and would not be getting released now.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

Believe me, since Ryan Hollins is still with Cavs, this proves that poor Mr. Powe is not healthy....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Move on....his better days are past him and we dont need another undersized power forward.  We need every body on that bench to be healthy.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

"I’ll be happy wherever I end up, but Boston is always holding a special place in my heart," Leon Powe told CSNNE.com on Thursday evening. "The fans were so good to me, everybody up there was so nice, and it would be a great thing to return back to the Celtics if I could." . . .
    As Powe awaits to see where the remainder of the season will take him, he is thankful for all of the encouragement and support he receives. He may have left Boston in 2009, but he is still very much on the minds of Celtics fans.

"They still support me and appreciate what I did back then, helping the team out, being a good sport, doing good community work, never complaining," he said. "I think they appreciate that and the hard work, and I really appreciate them too."

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

"I’ll be happy wherever I end up, but Boston is always holding a special place in my heart," Leon Powe told CSNNE.com on Thursday evening. "The fans were so good to me, everybody up there was so nice, and it would be a great thing to return back to the Celtics if I could." . . . As Powe awaits to see where the remainder of the season will take him, he is thankful for all of the encouragement and support he receives. He may have left Boston in 2009, but he is still very much on the minds of Celtics fans. "They still support me and appreciate what I did back then, helping the team out, being a good sport, doing good community work, never complaining," he said. "I think they appreciate that and the hard work, and I really appreciate them too."
    Posted by existentialparquet

He's a man of exceptional character. His knees have been through a lot. I feel for him, but I have my doubts as if he can still play well at the NBA level.

Sections
Shortcuts