Cedric Maxwell and 2 Clowns Hating

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Re: Cedric Maxwell and 2 Clowns Hating

I love Max....loved him when he played for us and I was sorry when he was traded (although we got Walton and another championship)....I got to meet him several years ago and he is the nicest, funniest, and most down to earth pro athlete I've ever met....I think he was just telling it like it is...I also think that it was great that he admitted that he "took some nights off"...a lot of former players might not want to admit to that...he is very bright and he is honest....and Rondo does need to bring it every night...Larry sure did...!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Those guys get paid to hate.

With that said Rondo is not a leader.  For certain.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Cedric Maxwell and 2 Clowns Hating:
    [QUOTE]Those guys get paid to hate. With that said Rondo is not a leader.  For certain.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

If Rondo wanted to be a leader, he would have rounded out his offensive game a long time ago.

The gaps in his temperment and game take the ball out of his hands at crunch time. They serve that very useful purpose.

No one expects Rondo to be the man when the game is on the line... including Rondo.

He quickly gives the ball up (and none too soon) to someone who (1) wants to lead (2) has the temperment to lead and (3) has the acquired skills to lead.... one of the Big Three.

R9R has none of those three prerequisites to be the man...

Pud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cedric Maxwell and 2 Clowns Hating : If Rondo wanted to be a leader, he would have rounded out his offensive game a long time ago. The gaps in his temperment and game take the ball out of his hands at crunch time. They serve that very useful purpose. No one expects Rondo to be the man when the game is on the line... including Rondo. He quickly gives the ball up (and none too soon) to someone who (1) wants to lead (2) has the temperment to lead and (3) has the acquired skills to lead.... one of the Big Three. R9R has none of those three prerequisites to be the man... Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

That is a pretty accurate assessment Pud. He has yet to grow up(attitude adjustment big time). He has been in the league long enough now for that. And he has yet to acquire a nice jumper. And he has not seemed to have worked on his free throw attempts either. But his dissappearing act in the 4th late is like Lebron James. If he were elite, he would want the ball so he could drive or dish it. He should watch some film on Nate Archibald.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

We all agree.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]We all agree.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

+1 here.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Hope you guys all enjoy agreeing with each other, makes things real interesting in a discussion forum to share the same assumptions. 

There is some very fair analysis here, however, I will say this. 

Rondo was drafted 21st overall by the Celtics. He has more than lived up to his draft status. It is EXTREMELY rare in the NBA for an elite player to be taken outside of the top ten. 

All the point guards that you guys will put forward as better than Rondo - some of which I also agree with - were all drafted much higher than him. 

Expecting Rondo to be as good as a Derrick Rose or a Chris Paul is crazy. There was a reason why Rondo wasn't taken top ten in the draft. He was a very good draft pick. Whether the future should be in his hands is a different question but I believe Ainge is very clear on his strengths and limitations.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from datruthpp34. Show datruthpp34's posts

And yet fans here still thinks DA should build around rondo!!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]Hope you guys all enjoy agreeing with each other, makes things real interesting in a discussion forum to share the same assumptions.  There is some very fair analysis here, however, I will say this.  Rondo was drafted 21st overall by the Celtics. He has more than lived up to his draft status. It is EXTREMELY rare in the NBA for an elite player to be taken outside of the top ten.  All the point guards that you guys will put forward as better than Rondo - some of which I also agree with - were all drafted much higher than him.  Expecting Rondo to be as good as a Derrick Rose or a Chris Paul is crazy. There was a reason why Rondo wasn't taken top ten in the draft. He was a very good draft pick. Whether the future should be in his hands is a different question but I believe Ainge is very clear on his strengths and limitations.

Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

Good post! ..This is the first neutral post to all of us "Rondo haters" (name we have acquired). You want to see a highspeed fully motivated Rondo, bring on Josh Smith and I think C's can make a run rite away...but building around him?? Hmmm dunno..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from datruthpp34. Show datruthpp34's posts

[QUOTE]Hope you guys all enjoy agreeing with each other, makes things real interesting in a discussion forum to share the same assumptions.  There is some very fair analysis here, however, I will say this.  Rondo was drafted 21st overall by the Celtics. He has more than lived up to his draft status. It is EXTREMELY rare in the NBA for an elite player to be taken outside of the top ten.  All the point guards that you guys will put forward as better than Rondo - some of which I also agree with - were all drafted much higher than him.  Expecting Rondo to be as good as a Derrick Rose or a Chris Paul is crazy. There was a reason why Rondo wasn't taken top ten in the draft. He was a very good draft pick. Whether the future should be in his hands is a different question but I believe Ainge is very clear on his strengths and limitations.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]
    First of all good post. but the big 3 has been carrying rondo since they got together,.they have been teaching him mentoring him and passing thier knowlegde about basketball thats why he became a good player but after hearing it to the news thats hes been a headache and stuburn is just indications that he thinks hes that good thats why i do not like him to be as a leader of this team.Hey lets face it we got lucky he turned out as good as he is right now but think about it,if the big 3 wasn't his teamates u guys think he would be as good as he is?he is paaing the ball to 3 HOFs opcourse they gunna make those shots. imagine rondo passing the rack to a role players,u think hes gunna incrase his passing abilty?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Rondo was drafted at 21st because of coachability issues which should have gone away given the circumstances that he began to enjoy when he entered the Celtic organization.

The kid has had it good..... too good!

The coachability issues have not gone away and have likely worsened... to the detriment of R9R and of the fanchise.

That's major disappointment. Management failed Rondo and fans by plotting a course that did not maximize chances of success with a very talented but tempermental player.

They were over their heads and likely still are.

Pud

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Rondo was drafted at 21st because of coachability issues which should have gone away given the circumstances that he began to enjoy when he entered the Celtic organization. The kid has had it good..... too good! The coachability issues have not gone away and have likely worsened... to the detriment of R9R and of the fanchise.   That's major disappointment. Management failed Rondo and fans by plotting a course that did not maximize chances of success with a very talented but tempermental player. They were over their heads and likely still are. Pud

Rondo was drafted 21st because of coachability issues?  No he was drafted 21st because he could not get the ball wet standing neck deep in the ocean and he had coachability issues, neither has changed nor improved in year 6....

D'Antoni has said let's see Rondo playing for Minnesota, the problem is that Minnesota has caught up with the Cs in terms of talent, RR is no longer the best point guard in the league that has the initials RR.... give me a 21 year old Ricky Rubio straight up with no strings attached....... the degree to which Rondo can be overrated cannot be overstated...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Hmm, I think you and pud do a pretty good job of overstating RR's "overratedness".
    Other than that, some pretty good points on this thread.
    I do think one can build around Rondo though. I mean, that's kind of what happened with the big three. Doesn't mean he has to be the big star imo. Just means you have to get the players that maximize his upsides and minimize his downsides (again like the big 3). If DA can pull this of again I have no idea.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]Hmm, I think you and pud do a pretty good job of overstating RR's "overratedness". Other than that, some pretty good points on this thread. I do think one can build around Rondo though. I mean, that's kind of what happened with the big three. Doesn't mean he has to be the big star imo. Just means you have to get the players that maximize his upsides and minimize his downsides (again like the big 3). If DA can pull this of again I have no idea.
    Posted by basketbert[/QUOTE]

All it takes is surrounding him with three more future HOFers, putting up with a humonguous amount of pouting...  and then you may win a  ring. Been done before.

Shouldn't be all that difficult.

Pud

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cedric Maxwell and 2 Clowns Hating : All it takes is surronding him with three more future HOFers, putting up with a humonguous amount of pouting...  and then you may win a  ring. Been done before.   Shouldn't be all that difficult. Pud
    Don't think they need to be HOFers. We can probably all agree that was most likely a one-off in terms of talent. But I don't see that it would be impossible to build a very good team around Rondo that is competitive and fun to watch.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cedric Maxwell and 2 Clowns Hating : Rondo was drafted 21st because of coachability issues?  No he was drafted 21st because he could not get the ball wet standing neck deep in the ocean and he had coachability issues, neither has changed nor improved in year 6.... D'Antoni has said let's see Rondo playing for Minnesota, the problem is that Minnesota has caught up with the Cs in terms of talent, RR is no longer the best point guard in the league that has the initials RR.... give me a 21 year old Ricky Rubio straight up with no strings attached....... the degree to which Rondo can be overrated cannot be overstated...
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

R9R has unworldly physical skills.

You see that when he is playing at his best.

His issues are psychological.

Pud

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

agree..his inconsistency is inexusable. im not gunna panic bc he is a 26 yr old point guard that has had the BIG 3 on his team for the majority of his career. he has never HAD to be the guy. its another step he needs to take in his NBA career, and i think Doc can get it out of him.

p.s - Ced Maxwell is def not a hater.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cedric Maxwell and 2 Clowns Hating : R9R has unworldly physical skills. You see that when he is playing at his best. His issues are psychological. Pud
    Agreed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]agree..his inconsistency is inexusable. im not gunna panic bc he is a 26 yr old point guard that has had the BIG 3 on his team for the majority of his career. he has never HAD to be the guy. its another step he needs to take in his NBA career, and i think Doc can get it out of him. p.s - Ced Maxwell is def not a hater. http://www.csnne.com/sportsnetNewEngland/search/v/52698998/maxwell-rondo-is-a-complete-player.htm?q=rajon+rondo
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]
    Thats an interesting notion. Could the lack of the big 3 "safety net" lead to a better Rondo rather than a worse one?
    I didn't read the maxwell article so I don't know the context, but to say Rondo is a complete player is a bit strange, no?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]agree..his inconsistency is inexusable. im not gunna panic bc he is a 26 yr old point guard that has had the BIG 3 on his team for the majority of his career. he has never HAD to be the guy. its another step he needs to take in his NBA career, and i think Doc can get it out of him. p.s - Ced Maxwell is def not a hater. http://www.csnne.com/sportsnetNewEngland/search/v/52698998/maxwell-rondo-is-a-complete-player.htm?q=rajon+rondo

Doc is totally clueless as to what to do with R9R.

DA too. That's why the efforts to trade him.

R9R has fought them tooth and nail... and to his detriment.... Rondo's constructive defiance has prevailed.

Pud

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cedric Maxwell and 2 Clowns Hating : Doc is totally clueless as to what to do with R9R. DA too. That's why the efforts to trade him. R9R has fought them tooth and nail... and to his detriment.... Rondo's constructive defiance has prevailed. Pud

You have no clue what goes on with Rondo, Doc, and DA....other than the all the misinformation you gather from writers who need to create drama to get someone to read their articles......If you believe all that stuff than surely you take DA word that he is not actively shopping Rondo... that he wants him to stay.... same from Doc...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cedric Maxwell and 2 Clowns Hating : Doc is totally clueless as to what to do with R9R. DA too. That's why the efforts to trade him. R9R has fought them tooth and nail... and to his detriment.... Rondo's constructive defiance has prevailed. Pud

really? front page of Celtics page of Boston.com:

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cedric Maxwell and 2 Clowns Hating : really? front page of Celtics page of Boston.com: http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/articles/2012/03/09/confidence_in_rondo_is_growing/

Really!

Pud

Sections
Shortcuts