CEDRIC MAXWELL: "New school's soft, here's how ML carr used to approach opponents' buses OLD SCHOOL STYLE....."

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: CEDRIC MAXWELL:

Sure, Ive heard so many stories of knifings and fistfights after the game or in the parking lot  NOT!

Cmon, you gonna believe everything you read? You think nobody (like a reporter) was ever around to witness this stuff?

You're really getting out there..waaaaay out there.. Im still trying to recall what player was unable to suit up next game cause of knife wounds inflicted by opposing players after the game LOL

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to COMMIE-CONTRARIAN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Karllost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sure, Ive heard so many stories of knifings and fistfights after the game or in the parking lot  NOT!

Cmon, you gonna believe everything you read? You think nobody (like a reporter) was ever around to witness this stuff?

You're really getting out there..waaaaay out there.. Im still trying to recall what player was unable to suit up next game cause of knife wounds inflicted by opposing players after the game LOL

[/QUOTE]

didnt read it, he said it in one of his regular appearances on the big show on eei.. ordway who used to be an announcer and cover the team back then confirmed a lot of the stories... sure like allof us, there are embellishments but the clear message is that it was much tougher in every way, on and off the court.. come on now, exhibit A and B.. mchale did not even get a tech for that foul on rambis... today, it would be an automatic flagrant2 and ejection followed by a one game playoff suspension (2 or 3 if its the reg season) and a subtantial fine.. enough said!

btw, both max, ordwy and other reporters have confirmed ad nauseaum the keying of the buses' stories and the time in philly when after a fight on the court, the celts had all tires slashed on their team bus... have u heard anything like that today?

[/QUOTE]

If a player had a knife and used to threaten someone, they would be arrested.  The story was always that Carr gestured to something in his coat.  You really believe that someone would risk jail over some rough play which went on in every game.  It was the 80's not the 1880's.  Sensationalism is your middle name.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

I like the time Danny Ainge bit Tree rollins finger CLEAN OFF...in the MIDDLE OF THE GAME!!!

or the time the Chief, tore off the tiol;et in the locker room after a loss and threw it out the window and just walked out the opening.

of the time McHale was so pissed he shot and killed an oppsoing player and buried him in the old garden ..poured concrete over his body.

or the time.....................................

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Karllost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

didnt read it, he said it in one of his regular appearances on the big show on eei.. ordway who used to be an announcer and cover the team back then confirmed a lot of the stories... sure like allof us, there are embellishments but the clear message is that it was much tougher in every way, on and off the court.. come on now, exhibit A and B.. mchale did not even get a tech for that foul on rambis... today, it would be an automatic flagrant2 and ejection followed by a one game playoff suspension (2 or 3 if its the reg season) and a subtantial fine.. enough said!

btw, both max, ordwy and other reporters have confirmed ad nauseaum the keying of the buses' stories and the time in philly when after a fight on the court, the celts had all tires slashed on their team bus... have u heard anything like that today?

[/QUOTE]

Keying buses??? You putting that up there with knifing players?? Went on all the time huh, old school?

Sometimes you just gotta use common sense.  Slashing tires may be correct but likely fans or whoever.  It would have been a RARITY a player went after another player in the 80's using a knife post game..... I dont know of any incidences..

The show you listened to, maybe they embellished just a tad lol.. or maybe they were rofl as they told it and you just didnt know ... but if you wanna believe it and put it out there knifed other players post game....was how they handled things old school.... well, I got a bridge in Brooklyn I wanna talk to you about

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeemsToMe. Show SeemsToMe's posts

The more distant the event the more like-li-hood of distortion of the facts. Perhaps we have a little embellishment of the facts by a couple of guys trying to make a case for the "good old days" of their youth.

Seems

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Uhh, so a man pulls a knife and that is good. Another man says someone's wife taste like cherrios and he is a soicopath? 

That is some first class logic there Commie. 

Seems your gripe with this post is that Garnett hasn't crossed from being an a- hole into someone who will threaten murder. Or that he isn't socipathic enough. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to jtkl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Uhh, so a man pulls a knife and that is good. Another man says someone's wife taste like cherrios and he is a soicopath? 

Seems your gripe with this post is that Garnett hasn't crossed from being an a- hole into someone who will threaten murder. Or that he isn't socipathic enough. 

[/QUOTE]

yeppp.. would have more respect if he pulled a knife on melo in the hallway rather than being a tough guy with his mouth... hope u get sarcasm.. listen to the WEEI archive of yesterday's big show where they say maxwell.. has 2 interesting segments.. this is to inform and not be faux news.. of course today its sociopathic, back then it was normal.. garnett isnt normal in his era with his mouth.. got that?

[/QUOTE]

Yeah i got it, it's a stupid point. Basically you are saying you admire the guy who pulls a knife and think the guy who insults is a sociopath.

Warped nonsense. If I call you a name it's mean. but not threatning..  If I pull a knife it's a freaking felony that can put you in prison for ten years!  Slight difference.  

btw: The definition of a socipath is a person without any empathy. There is a famous photo of Garnett holding Mchale while he cries. Seems like he has empathy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

what's up with all the "comment removed" happening lately?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

yeppp.. would have more respect if he pulled a knife on melo in the hallway rather than being a tough guy with his mouth... hope u get sarcasm.. listen to the WEEI archive of yesterday's big show where they say maxwell.. has 2 interesting segments.. this is to inform and not be faux news.. of course today its sociopathic, back then it was normal.. garnett isnt normal in his era with his mouth.. got that?

[/QUOTE]

Yeah i got it, it's a stupid point. Basically you are saying you admire the guy who pulls a knife and think the guy who insults is a sociopath.

Warped nonsense. If I call you a name it's mean. but not threatning..  If I pull a knife it's a freaking felony that can put you in prison for ten years!  Slight difference.  

btw: The definition of a socipath is a person without any empathy. There is a famous photo of Garnett holding Mchale while he cries. Seems like he has empathy.

[/QUOTE]

... sure for his own kind. even jeffrey dahmer never ate anyone in his own circle or immediate family... real empathy is the ability to feel for those different than you or not part of your circle.. kg seems to have the same issues romney and the GOP have...long as you're not part of the 47% they get ya, if you are, go f--- yourself!

[/QUOTE]

Ok you clearly don't know what a socipath is. A sociopath doesn't feel for anybody. Even if they don't eat them. Socipath's have no empathy for their parents, kids, siblings, nothing.   A sociopath is not capable of empathy even for those in his inner circle. So please stop saying absurd things like KG is a sociopath, because you don't know KG at all.

You are in no postion to discuss how he treats others. All you know is that he is a meanie on the basketball court to his opponets. Guess so was Jordan, Bird, Ewing and MANY MANY others to play the game. It didn't make them Sociopath's.  A-holes, yes Sociopaths no.

Similarly if someone on this board says your mother is a prostitute or a similar nasty remark, it means they are being a jerk. THAT"S A LONG LEAP FROM ANTISOCIAL PERSONALITY DISORDER.  

Oh and I voted against Romeny thought he was jerk doubt very much he is a sociopath. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

... sure for his own kind. even jeffrey dahmer never ate anyone in his own circle or immediate family... real empathy is the ability to feel for those different than you or not part of your circle.. kg seems to have the same issues romney and the GOP have...long as you're not part of the 47% they get ya, if you are, go f--- yourself!

[/QUOTE]

Ok you clearly don't know what a socipath is. A sociopath doesn't feel for anybody. Even if they don't eat them. Socipath's have no empathy for their parents, kids, siblings, nothing.   A sociopath is not capable of empathy even for those in his inner circle. So please stop saying absurd things like KG is a sociopath, because you don't know KG at all.

You are in no postion to discuss how he treats others. All you know is that he is a meanie on the basketball court to his opponets. Guess so was Jordan, Bird, Ewing and MANY MANY others to play the game. It didn't make them Sociopath's.  A-holes, yes Sociopaths no.

Similarly if someone on this board says your mother is a prostitute or a similar nasty remark, it means they are being a jerk. THAT"S A LONG LEAP FROM ANTISOCIAL PERSONALITY DISORDER.  

Oh and I voted against Romeny thought he was jerk doubt very much he is a sociopath. 

[/QUOTE]

COMRADE, y the defensiveness? yes, romney  may be a sociopath! most of the present GOP are sociopathic narcissists! cant empathize beyond their own mirror and values. perhaps its an issue of degrees. kg may not be a full-scale narcissist but based on where i know him (the court) he's definitely trending more that way than not.. a marginal sociopath is still a sociopath! if the shoe fits... bird was no sociopath, no moral equivalency.  bird, mj and the rest NEVER went so far out of the norm of their day for trash talking.. kg is a lone wolf! the overall society or immediate environment and its norms must be considered in making an evaluation! you are a homerade enabler!

[/QUOTE]

I'm not at all defensive. I'm annoyed by poor reasoning, wild leaps of logic and incredible inaccuracy. 

1) There is no such thing as a marginal sociopath. You are a sociopath or you aren't. only 1% of the population or so is.  (meaning the entire GOP can't be BECASUSE THAT IS NEARLY HALF THE FREAKING COUNTRY)

2)  The traits that make you call KG a narcissist are present in about 95% of all players. 

3) Jordan said much worse to players than cheerios. . Want examples? 

4) ML CARR did much worse to plarers than cheerios (according to you) like threatning the lives of players that annoyed him! (again according to you.) 

5) insulting someone's wife is done rather often and isn't a trait confined to socipaths

AND Finally I am not enabler I use my brain. Your post are so dumb you have a liberal from Berkeley california defending the GOP. I've never voted for a Republican in my life and I'm not dumb enough to say the entirety of the Republican party are a bunch of socipaths.  Please take a course in logic before it is too late.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]

5) insulting someone's wife is done rather often and isn't a trait confined to socipaths

AND Finally I am not enabler I use my brain. Your post are so dumb you have a liberal from Berkeley california defending the GOP. I've never voted for a Republican in my life and I'm not dumb enough to say the entirety of the Republican party are a bunch of socipaths.  Please take a course in logic before it is too late.  

[/QUOTE]

back before we had wives, on the playground in the grade school years, there was nothing to insult but "yo momma".  and we did it.  voluminously at that!  with no boundaries

this whole KG is a sociopath concept is just tired.  much worse things have been said on the court and on the cement courts

Sections
Shortcuts