Celitcs & Rondo: Next 3-5 yrs.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Celitcs & Rondo: Next 3-5 yrs.

In Response to Re: Celitcs & Rondo: Next 3-5 yrs.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celitcs & Rondo: Next 3-5 yrs. : In order for the Celts to become a running team they have to secure the rebound first. Can't fastbreak if you can't rebound. The Celts don't need to run in the playoffs. When was the last time a running team won a championship?  Last year an old Mavs team beat the best running team in the NBA Finals.  Assuming the Celts get Rondo some players that can run, what happens in the last 5 minutes of a game when the game slows down and there are more halfcourt sets?
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
    Isn't Kamen injury prone? We move him here he has got to stay healthy. He will play a lot of minutes here.  I do see that this rebounding thing is killing us and will continue.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celitcs & Rondo: Next 3-5 yrs. : The problem with so much cap space is the Celts have no one to give it to if DH signs elsewhere.

I would imagine that Danny already has some ideas for next season.   I can't imagine that their aren't any good/elite players that will be available. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celitcs & Rondo: Next 3-5 yrs. : In order for the Celts to become a running team they have to secure the rebound first. Can't fastbreak if you can't rebound. The Celts don't need to run in the playoffs. When was the last time a running team won a championship?  Last year an old Mavs team beat the best running team in the NBA Finals.  Assuming the Celts get Rondo some players that can run, what happens in the last 5 minutes of a game when the game slows down and there are more halfcourt sets?

I hear you, but to trade Rondo with no other option at PG is not a good idea.  What I'm saying is that if they are committed to him or can't find a better option then get guys who can play to his strengths.  I'd take a guy like Paul or Williams over Rondo, but those guys don't grow on trees.  It takes a top 5 pick to get one. 

You either build around Rondo or trade him.  I get the sense that it will be the former, unless, like I said, a guy like Williams hits FA and you can get him here.  I have no idea which way Ainge goes.    

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celitcs & Rondo: Next 3-5 yrs. : The problem with so much cap space is the Celts have no one to give it to if DH signs elsewhere.
    Especially regarding a big man. There are not many good ones anyway.
    That's why you try to get Gasol NOW even if he eats up a lot of cap and is 31 years old. At least we'll have an all-star big guy, who's not injury prone.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In terms of toughness he's not KG in his prime, but then who is?
    If we could get him (and I guess its a big if) its a no-brainer imo.
    I mean, we could have 100 mil in cap space next year and not be able to sign a good big man. And having to resort to unproven players.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celitcs & Rondo: Next 3-5 yrs. : Fierce, Shaq was a bad free throw shooter as well and won 4 titles. Wilt, was god awful and won a few. It's maddening but their are other phases of the game. 
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

ah, but shaq wasnt a point guard...
    just saying, a pg has to improve on ft%
    at least...rondo wont always have ray allen
    to dump it off to in 4th quarter...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celitcs & Rondo: Next 3-5 yrs. : I don't understand why some fans here say he's soft. I mean after what he did in Game 7 of the 2010 Finals and after he beat us last week, come on! Also, he's 31 years old, same age when we got KG in 2007. And Gasol's contract comes off the books same as Pierce's in 2014. 
    Don't want to trade Rondo, but those are two good points you make, Mr. Strickland

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

We'd all like to see another Celtic turn into Larry (or even RA or PP) in crunchtime or at the buzzer, but players like that are rare.
    KG, as I recall, had that albatross hung around his neck for awhile.
    I hear you on that one too, tho.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celitcs & Rondo: Next 3-5 yrs. : I don't understand why some fans here say he's soft. I mean after what he did in Game 7 of the 2010 Finals and after he beat us last week, come on! Also, he's 31 years old, same age when we got KG in 2007. And Gasol's contract comes off the books same as Pierce's in 2014. 

Well alot a people here think he is soft
    http://search.boston.com/local/Search.do?s.tab=&s.largeMap=&s.sm.query=gasoft&s.ypsearch=&s.yplocation=Greater+Boston&when=&qf=&qn=gasoft&qc=&qs=&s.town=&s.si%28simplesearchinput%29.sortBy=&s.dateRange=

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Celitcs & Rondo: Next 3-5 yrs.:
    [QUOTE]Interesting  post here: http://www.celticsblog.com/2012/2/13/2794323/rondo-is-a-square-peg-thriving-in-a-round-hole-usually#storyjump Have had this thought more than a few times myself, hence this discussion. Most of the arguments concerning Rondo revolve around whether to trade him or keep him.  Constructing trades involving him are relatively easy and straignt forward.  They address getting our long sought after bigman and some sort of PG to compensate for Rondo's absence. The alternative is not so easy, but for some  of us, more interesting. If DA gambles on Rondo's potential and decides to rebuild the team around Rondo's game, what would he try and do and who would he go after? Ideally, we would have a very very fast team.  Athletic wing men who could run and grab boards.  Passing that could rival anything the 80's had to often Showtime, but this time  in Boston? Maybe, just maybe, this is what Rondo needs.  The type of team that best exploits his talents.  I can remember thinking PP was a bit of a headcase for a number of years,  but that urge to act out got sublimated once he was surrounded by the right sort of talent that pushed his desire to win to the front. Anyway, Jeff said it much better than I have.  Click on the link, read the article, and pro or con, post your opinion.
    Posted by breaktime[/QUOTE]

UGH... I don't even want to think about Rondo being part of the Cs for the next 3 to 5 years....  they need a fresh start without an overrated diva....  oh I didn't make the all-star team so I am going to take the night off against Toronto who is missing 3 of their top 5 players, then I am going to put up incredible stats because my opponents decided to take my actual good teammates out of the game and let me do whatever I want....