Celtic Dominance

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shonasty. Show shonasty's posts

Re: Celtic Dominance

In Response to Re: Celtic Dominance:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtic Dominance : It was either a second helping of DH sweeping, or start a discussion on Kobe Bryant's right knee: “Because I have very little cartilage under my right knee cap, it’s almost bone on bone.” Bryant has undergone three operations on that same knee, one this past offseason, after having it drained several times during last year’s playoffs.
    Posted by BCSP[/QUOTE]

Didn't you already post this like 6 times? Mix in a little imagination, reruns are boring. And how much did you sell your sense of humor for? I am guessing you didn't get much for it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtic Dominance : Didn't you already post this like 6 times? Mix in a little imagination, reruns are boring. And how much did you sell your sense of humor for? I am guessing you didn't get much for it.
    Posted by shonasty[/QUOTE]

Oh I get it! You only want to discuss topics that are humorous!

OK let's try this topic (what a joke this thug is):

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shonasty. Show shonasty's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtic Dominance : Oh I get it! You only want to discuss topics that are humorous! OK let's try this topic (what a joke this thug is):  
    Posted by BCSP[/QUOTE]

Yawn

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shonasty. Show shonasty's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtic Dominance : Great news! You are bored! Don't let the door hit you in the as* on they way out of this website! Take your loser bud Doobie with you!
    Posted by BCSP[/QUOTE]

Such a bitter soul. All this anger and hatred, over basketball. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtic Dominance : Such a bitter soul. All this anger and hatred, over basketball. 

I am guessing the diagnosis above is based on your vast knowledge of anger and hatred! No worries, the anger you direct towards Mitch for assembling a team containing old and injured players, while trading away the future, in the form of draft picks, will subside!

When you see Mike Brown (the Clown) attempt to install his version of the Princeton style offense on a team full of selfish players (except for Nash), your hatred and anger will turn to pity and sorrow! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shonasty. Show shonasty's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtic Dominance : I am guessing the diagnosis above is based on your vast knowledge of anger and hatred! No worries, the anger you direct towards Mitch for assembling a team containing old and injured players, while trading away the future, in the form of draft picks, will subside! When you see Mike Brown (the Clown) attempt to install his version of the Princeton style offense on a team full of selfish players (except for Nash), your hatred and anger will turn to pity and sorrow! 
    Posted by BCSP[/QUOTE]

Awe, look at you, blowing little hate bubbles at me. 

The Lakers are going to be a great time, they sure have you all lathered up. You bundle of joy, you.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtic Dominance : Awe, look at you, blowing little hate bubbles at me.  The Lakers are going to be a great time, they sure have you all lathered up. You bundle of joy, you.

They are going to be so great, you have decided to spend a majority of your time on a Celtic website posting about them!

Help me with the logic here!

I feel like a cat playing with an injured mouse! Just crawl away!

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

tommy rules and go green are the same person.....

both laker fans who are sad that theve been called out...

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LakerFan67. Show LakerFan67's posts

2008, 1 picture, 1 title in 25 years for the Celtics. That's supposed to dominance, that's supposed to be better than 5 titles.

That's the irrational nature of some Boston fans. Celtic dominance? This thread needs to be renamed to the proper and true picture of franchise ineptitude--Celtic IRRELEVANCE! A history of futility that dances on what happened half-century ago when Russell was your center--11 titles when the league was still at the developmental stage with only 8 teams, no 3-point shots, and the players were slower and as a whole, inferior to the contemporary NBA.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

lakerfan67,

your not above history..the nba started in late 40s the league has mattered FOR MORE THAN 50 YEARS.....YOU cant grade evolution...using your logic...the first generation corvette didnt matter but the 5th did...BUT WITHOUT THE 1st you cant have the 5th...

IN REGARDS TO THE NBA....all rings are the same..ring 1 to ring 60..ITS THE SAME...leagues are bigger than HISTORY.....leagues are bigger than the past presant and future..

to judge evolution...that shows an serious lack of IQ

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from EliasB. Show EliasB's posts

The Lakers are the greatest franchise in NBA history. Boston was the greatest franchise in the ancient past NBA before the merger in '76 (?) when there were only 8 teams in the league; when the league had only two 7 footers, etc. It's like I told you a couple of years ago Duke, the reason why the Lakers are considered the greatest franchise in the NBA by everyone in the world except Celtics fans, is because of what they have been able to do year in, year out, decade after decade, championship after championship. Admit it Duke, the Celtics wish they had the kind of appeal their arch rivals have today. Just put yourself in the shoes of any Laker fan who has been one for many years, who knows all about the historic rivalry between these two clubs and ask yourself why in the world would we want to trade places with you. We keep rising while you guys continue to sputter along. In time, old friend, your excutives will go back to making the same old bone headed decisions they were know for making after the Bird era and your team will go back to being a below average team (something the Lakers have NEVER been) they were before (Remember 2006-2007? Boston Celtics 24 wins 58 losses). 

Now before you go after me for coming here, just remember old friend, you started it.

Cool

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Elias, welcome back my old friend.....you're still full of it (when it comes to Celtics/Lakers) but I've missed you buddy....!!!!!  ....looks like we are in for another interesting season as each team has been reconstructed....the Lakers are better, albeit a little older....and the Celtics are now younger and deeper than ever....let the games begin...!!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from KingShaq. Show KingShaq's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtic Dominance : Show the post where I said those words.  You can't find the post? It's because you're making stuff up! Nice try you editor you! HAHAHA
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

The posted I responded on 8/20, 6:42 AM EDT, which quoted your original words:

If you're looking for the NBA team that never won a championship without homecourt advantage, it's the Lakers.
    Posted by Fiercest34

You think you can get away with deleting your original post? No use. Your original lie already captured and locked.

But no sweat, actually you told that lie earlier. On page 1 of this thread:

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a734e2bc9-e1bc-49d6-8355-64f9a8500246Discussion%3ab12bf197-a071-492c-8998-a1e306a0c847&plckCurrentPage=0

Posted on 8/15, 12:32 PM, you said:

Today is August 15, 2012, not August 15, 2010.

You didn't know the Lakers never won a championship when they didn't have homecourt advantage?

Talk about futility.

HAHAHA

So, you want to delete that too? But I already keep that as evidence.

So the question remains but knowing that you dare not respond:

The Lakers won the championships in 1982 and 1985 without the home court advantage. So what about your statement that the Lakers never won a championship without the homecourt advantage?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from EliasB. Show EliasB's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtic Dominance : The Celtics dominated the 60s, that is so true! The Lakers never dominated. In the 80s, the Lakers lost to the Sixers, Celtics, and Pistons. In the 2k era, the Lakers lost to the Pistons and Celtics. Sure the Lakers won back to backs in 09 and 2010, but the Rockets also won back to backs in 94 and 1995. Did the Rockets dominate the 1990s? Laker dominance would have been unquestioned if the Lakers won in 2004. But they didn't. The Lakers continued their streak of losing in the Finals every decade since the 1950s. You didn't know the Lakers are the only team in the NBA to have lost in the Finals in every decade since the 1950s? And you claim the Lakers have 16 championships, but why is it there are only 12 championship banners hanging in the rafters of Staples? Maybe it's because what happens in Minneapolis stays in Minneapolis. HAHAHA
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

No team today could win 8 championships in a row like the C's did before the modern era. I agree that no team dominated the 2000's but when you mention that the Lakers lost to the Sixers, Celtics and Pistions, what I like to bring out about that when I compare the Lakers dominance of the 80's to the Bulls dominance of the 90's is how each team the Lakers played were championship teams unlike the Bulls. Other than the Lakers in '91, every team the Bulls played; the Trailblazers; the Suns; the Supersonics; the Jazz, NEVER went on to be champions. IMO the fact that the Lakers went to the finals in 8 times in the 80's and winning 5 against the strongest teams the East has ever produced during the modern era of basketball is an absolutely amazing acheivement.

Cool

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

I understand why Laker fans get enraged by Boston's 17-NBA championships! The Lakers were on the loosing end of nine of those championship series (counted Minn.)! With that stated, I think both sides would agree, the rivalry, which lives on on this board, has been great for the game of basketball and great for the NBA! With that stated, I am looking forward to the C's many successes this year and the Lakers many failures! Go Celtics!!!

Sections
Shortcuts