Celtic Dominance

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: Celtic Dominance

In response to BloggetyBloop's comment:

Not really brain science here,, and to make it very simple and easy to comprehend for the old timers on the board. Here you go - - To be dominant or to claim dominance in any sport, you need to win consistently and not just once every 2 and half decades. How easy was that? Common sense is very helpful in these type of situations. Have a super fantastic day!

Your definition, or the standard acceptable definition of "dominance?"

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/dominant

Were you speaking of biologically dominant, musically dominant........what?

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

bloggetybloop,
    typical posts from the narrow minded coupe...brotherrrrrrrrrrrrrrr lol,......why do you think your above the league brotherrrrrrrrrrrr man huh?..The league has been around for 60 years roughly...YOU DONT MAKE THE TIME THE LEAGUE HAS BEEN FORMED OR ENDED WE DONT PICK WINNERS...WE DONT....If you have a problem with the league bandwagon fan GET THE freak out...You faker fans say boston fans are not real cause of the kobe thing...WHILE FAKER LAKER FAN your not a real basketball fan because you or i do not have the right to qualify time and judge evolution...WE DONT...only GOD CAN DO THAT..thats why you laker fans sound so off..You think the rest of the country thinks that..LOL...we love the voices in your head..THE NBA HAS BEEN AROUND FOR BASICALLY 60 years...A RING IS A RING...you cant take AWAY THE PAS..because WITH OUT THE PAST WHERES THE PRESANT?????..NOWHERE...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

SO to keep it simple in the slow where you come from...

The team with the most rings is the best in a league and who is that

THE BOSTON CELTICS

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to dfurypos' comment:

TWO, actually

Do you need to get SCHOOLED AGAIN?  One Championship in the last 25 years!  It's called epic failure for Celtics Fans.  we$$$

Very sorry to humiliate you, but you wrote - HAS BEEN TO THE FINALS ONCE IN THE LAST 25 YEARS - just helping you out here, becuase it's twice!
Thanks.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

bloggety bopop and dfury...

NO I WIN YOU LOOSE..

YOUR NOT ABOVE THE NBA...

YOU DONT JUDGE OR THROW OUT TITLES...

THE NBA CAN ONLY DO THAT..

ARE THEY DOING THAT SOON??...NOPE...

SO I WIN...ALL I DO IS WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN

Ahahahahhahahahahhahahhahhahahahhahhhhhhhahahahah

BOOOOOOOOO YA!!! YOUR OWNED..

17 to 16..

YUP!!!!!!!!!!!!

• This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to dfurypos' comment:

TWO, actually

Do you need to get SCHOOLED AGAIN?  One Championship in the last 25 years!  It's called epic failure for Celtics Fans.  

Very sorry to humiliate you, but you wrote - HAS BEEN TO THE FINALS ONCE IN THE LAST 25 YEARS - just helping you out here, becuase it's twice!
    Thanks.

• LOL you're one to talk about humiliation?  Remember all your endless posts on how Howard was going to play out the season in Orlando and then sign with the Dallas Mavs?  Obviously I can't change a typo for the same reason you are allowed to post on here again because of being
    Banned!  Hope all is well.

Thanks for admitting you were wrong!  Very big of you.  I never said Howard would sign with DAL, I said he would re-up with the lakers - get your posters straight.  Banned?  Not me, banned posters are not allowed to post on here - they fixed that glitch, so I am not banned.............all is fine. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to BloggetyBloop's comment:

In response to dfurypos's comment:

TWO, actually

Do you need to get SCHOOLED AGAIN?  One Championship in the last 25 years!  It's called epic failure for Celtics Fans.  

Thanks.

LOL you're one to talk about humiliation?  Remember all your endless posts on how Howard was going to play out the season in Orlando and then sign with the Dallas Mavs?  Obviously I can't change a typo for the same reason you are allowed to post on here again because of being
    Banned!  Hope all is well.

• +1

It's cool, he already admitted he was wrong.  Celtics have been to the Finals TWICE in the last 25 years.........care to refute that?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Lakerstroll. Show Lakerstroll's posts

In response to DoctorCO's comment:

SO to keep it simple in the slow where you come from...

The team with the most rings is the best in a league and who is that

THE BOSTON CELTICS

So, when the Lakers reach 18 and Boston is still at 17, will you then consider the Lakers best?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I don't know if he will....but I still wouldn't.....when you're behind your only true rival....and you so desperately want to become their equal...well, their dominance head to head has to be considered....losing 9 of 12 Championships Series' over a span of more than 50 years would need to be reversed....I doubt any of us will see that happen.....   

they don't need to.....the 8 peat (as part of the 11 in 13 years) gave them a nice cushion....throw in the 9 of 12 vs the Lakers......it has all but guaranteed them immortality....!!

Not sure if drought is the correct word for the back to back "thing".  San Antonio never won back to back.....and only 8 teams have in the history of the NBA.............drought?  Hmmmmmm.............

why thank you....you're both a gentleman and a scholar....and yes, I realize we are being a little "tongue in cheek" at this point....as I said in an earlier post....Laker fans have their opinions and we have ours...but you folks are the one's on your chief rivals board trying to convince us......we don't suffer an inferiority complex when it comes to this subject...none at all in fact....

but, as I said....Laker fans have stormed this forum as though they are on a mission to convert or convince Celtic fans....sorry, but it isn't going to happen...we are very comfortable in our own skin...so go ahead and knock yourself out if it makes you feel better....to each his own...I prefer staying on this board...I really have nothing to prove when it comes to this discussion....so I don't need to go to other boards...but that's just me....and, of course, when provoked to a certain degree I will usually defend my beliefs....that is simply human nature....

In response to Duke's comment:

I don't know if he will....but I still wouldn't.....when you're behind your only true rival....and you so desperately want to become their equal...well, their dominance head to head has to be considered....losing 9 of 12 Championships Series' over a span of more than 50 years would need to be reversed....I doubt any of us will see that happen.....   

And how can you expect the Lakers to beat the Celtics if they don't show up? Duke, do you have a learning disability or something. Or are just you playing the fool?

well, all I know is that when both teams do show up the Celtics win 75% of the time.....!!!!

in fact, when the Celtics show up they have an overall winning percentage of .809...!!!!!

the Lakers do show up more often (coming out of the West).....but at best they are about a .500 team once they get to the Finals (.516 actually)   

.......when they play anyone other than Boston they have a nice winning percentage (13-6 .684)
    .......unfortunately, when they play Boston it drops to .250

we don't have that problem....9-3 .750 vs Lakers......8-1 .889 vs the other Western entries

lastly....you do know that, since moving to Los Angeles in 1960, the Lakers actually have a losing record right..? (11-14 .440)...that is even after a very nice run over the last 13 years...

the ball is back in your court....but it's almost...game....set....match...!

In response to Duke4 comment:

well, all I know is that when both teams do show up the Celtics win 75% of the time.....!!!!

in fact, when the Celtics show up they have an overall winning percentage of .809...!!!!!

the Lakers do show up more often (coming out of the West).....but at best they are about a .500 team once they get to the Finals (.516 actually)   

.......when they play anyone other than Boston they have a nice winning percentage (13-6 .684)
    .......unfortunately, when they play Boston it drops to .250

we don't have that problem....9-3 .750 vs Lakers......8-1 .889 vs the other Western entries

lastly....you do know that, since moving to Los Angeles in 1960, the Lakers actually have a losing record right..? (11-14 .440)...that is even after a very nice run over the last 13 years...

the ball is back in your court....but it's almost...game....set....match...!

But in the last 16 times the Lakers have shown up, the Celtics were there to greet them only 5 times and the Lakers won 3 of those 5. What about the other 11 times they didn't show up? The lakers never got a chance to whip their butts. After the Lakers met and beat Boston in '87, they showed up in the finals in 1988, '89, '91, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, and 2004, the Celtics showed up ZERO times. That's ZERO chances the Lakers had to catch them. In, fact the Celtics never showed up at all until 25 years later. Like I've mentioned in the past, and this is why I ask if you have a learning disability, the Lakers, even when they are not the best, somehow show up through shear heart and determination, the Celts only show up only when they are clearly above the rest. They just don't know how to scrape to get by better teams, consequently when they are in the finals they are more prone to win. The Lakers just get there no matter what. But when they get there, the Celtics are so bad year after year and never show up to get beat because they either never make the playoffs or they get beat in earlier rounds, but if they somehow managed to crawl to the finals like the Lakers do, they would have gotten thrashed. Get it? Or should I repeat this in simpler terms? Duke, you just come across like a very bitter guy holding on to the unholdable, and you seem to have become more embittered since the Howard trade, because you know now that 17-16 is only temporary and so you shifted to 9-3 to assuage your embittered soul. Boston had a great run, and I salute them for that, but the Lakers have proved to be the perennial juggernaut decade after decade and soon will take the all-time title of winningest franchise ever. This face to face business is children's talk. There is no shame in being 2nd best, Duke. We were there for a very long time and we there with dignity, it's a shame that Celtic fans are such sore losers. Nice try Duke, but no CIGAR.

sorry.....I took one look at the post (wow, maybe I should call it an essay)....anyway, I didn't get past line two....but I'm sure that it made perfect sense to you...anyway....I've made my point....done for now...thanks for the time spent together....time to move on...

• Sections
    Shortcuts