Celtic Dominance

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EliasBracamonte. Show EliasBracamonte's posts

Re: Celtic Dominance

In response to BloggetyBloop's comment:

Duke, in all seriousness, was dribbling allowed back in the 50's and 60's?
    I see old video and those guys just pass and pass and pass before finally shooting.

That's not being "serious" if you want to talk with these guys, give them respect - they've earned it!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

appreciate you having my back Elias.....thanks man!  ....although I guess it's all in good fun...

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

it's all good......and that's all for the better....(not sure if that's good grammer but you guys know what I mean)

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

yes, it has evolved....in more ways than people realize....some for the good...others, not so.....

a few examples...

the three point shot (although I don't like it myself)

expansion...(although again, I'm not a fan...I think the league is watered down...but that's just me)

a world wide league.....definitly a good thing....guys like Nowitske, the Gasol brothers, Rubio, etc....the world's best on the world's biggest stage

the "Jordan Rules"....a bad thing in my opinion....the stars get all the calls...

enforcement of the rules............perhaps the worst change in my opinion....traveling..."up & down".......palming....these rules just aren't enforced...just like umpires having their own strike zone....which was unheard of twenty or so years ago....where the hell did that come from...?

the players a bigger and faster...the money is out of this world....the officiating is suspect....the league is thriving....things seem to be well.....I wish the league would replace David Stern....I wish we would see some contraction....but overall...as a fan for 55 years or so.....I still love following the game.....

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

evolutiopn happenes..doent mean time is better than time..a ring won in 50s is as good as a ring won now..the nba is about 60 years old..not 28 like alot of laker fans think it is

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

take care Blog....talk to you next month..!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from KingShaq. Show KingShaq's posts

In response to DoctorCO's comment:

evolutiopn happenes..doent mean time is better than time..a ring won in 50s is as good as a ring won now..the nba is about 60 years old..not 28 like alot of laker fans think it is

The NFL is almost 90 years old, but your gem that the Steelers ruled the NFL (which only counted the Super Bowl era) is still astounding. Why did you disregard the Packers' 9 NFL championships before the Super Bowl era?

Your statement on the Steelers ruled the NFL was exactly that. You consider a title won in the 30s is NOT as good as a title in the SB era.

So you should be the least creditable person to say "a ring won in 50s is as good as a ring won now".

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Belichick must be a better coach than Lombardi, since all of Vince's titles were won in the Bush league era of football, before TV contracts, and free agency..........right majic??

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Belichick must be a better coach than Lombardi, since all of Vince's titles were won in the Bush league era of football, before TV contracts, and free agency..........right majic??

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from KingShaq. Show KingShaq's posts

In response to Red-16Russ-11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Right. I also got your opinion to support me, # rings is not the only thing that counts. Other factors matter, especially era.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to KingShaq's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Right. I also got your opinion to support me, # rings is not the only thing that counts. Other factors matter, especially era.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, like building a team from the ground up is harder than inheriting an already good team.........

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from KingShaq. Show KingShaq's posts

[QUOTE]

Yes, like building a team from the ground up is harder than inheriting an already good team.........

[/QUOTE]

But building a team in the bush league, amateurish era is much easier, or nothing to write home about.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

SHHHHH -you're embarassing yourself now.....it's over - you lost - deal with it!!!!

But building a team in the bush league, amateurish era is much easier, or nothing to write home about.

[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from KingShaq. Show KingShaq's posts

[QUOTE]

SHHHHH -you're embarassing yourself now.....it's over - you lost - deal with it!!!!

[/QUOTE]

I lost? who's keeping score? Based on your style of arguing over the past 2-3 years, you keep coming back to try to get the last say. It means one simple thing: you aren't winning.

The embarrassing one is the one keep saying "bye", "I am done", "you can have the last word", but keep coming back to try to get the last word.

You think I'll let you?

You respond? you embarrasing yourself by keep using the "bye" trying to convince yourself that you are done, in fact you are smarting.

You don't respond? then where is your persistency? you also lose.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I lost? who's keeping score? Based on your style of arguing over the past 2-3 years, you keep coming back to try to get the last say. It means one simple thing: you aren't winning.

The embarrassing one is the one keep saying "bye", "I am done", "you can have the last word", but keep coming back to try to get the last word.

You think I'll let you?

You respond? you embarrasing yourself by keep using the "bye" trying to convince yourself that you are done, in fact you are smarting.

You don't respond? then where is your persistency? you also lose.

[/QUOTE]

"Smarting?"  Is that some Scottish thing?  That would imply I lost - but I've won.  I was persistent for two years..........you do not accept anything anyone says.....it's pointless to argue with you.  Doesn't mean I concede anything, doesn't mean you win anything except that the lakers have been the more dominant team in the last 30 years.......see, you won one!!

I will not change your opinion, and you CERTAINLY will not change mine........so we better just go our separate ways here before the mods find out you've been banned multiple times for stalking me.

I'd love to say you were a worthy adversary, but I'd rather argue with TommyRules......at least he's admitted he's wrong a few times!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from KingShaq. Show KingShaq's posts

[QUOTE]

"Smarting?"  Is that some Scottish thing?  That would imply I lost - but I've won.  I was persistent for two years..........you do not accept anything anyone says.....it's pointless to argue with you.  Doesn't mean I concede anything, doesn't mean you win anything except that the lakers have been the more dominant team in the last 30 years.......see, you won one!![/QUOTE]

You've won? what? you dare not answer why trading for Gasol (in case Bynum not injured) was not an option. You have no proof that "had Bynum not injured Gasol trade wouldn't have happened". All you can show was that the Bynum injury caused the Gasol trade. Then you showed that A=>B implies that !A=>!B.

Bravo!

And worse yet, you dared not show us the recording from ESPN LA that you talked to. Based on your illusion and dishonesty, you think I'll take your words?

So you won, you think, in your little world in your brain. But in the world that we know, you stlll haven't shown anything real.

Worse yet, the link you show claimed that the trade for Gasol was due to Kobe's outburst, not Bynum's injury. That you cite a link to help me out.

Worse yet, you claimed that you were done, yet you keep coming back. For someone putting his foot in his mouth. "But I win" means "I am smarting, why don't you let me have the last say, nyah! nyah! nyah!!!"

[QUOTE]

I will not change your opinion, and you CERTAINLY will not change mine........so we better just go our separate ways here before the mods find out you've been banned multiple times for stalking me.[/QUOTE]

And if you dare respond to this post, I'll report to the mods that you are stalking me. So you better stop responding, which is equal to admit that you lose the argument.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from KingShaq. Show KingShaq's posts

[QUOTE]

I do not need you to tell me I'm the victor.  Even lakers fans on this forum admit that I've won.....go ahead and report me - I have no fear of you or them!!!

[/QUOTE]

OK, you have been reported.

And Lakers fans of this forum admit that what you preached was an OPINION. Is that the admission you want to take?

It's time well spent. After all these years, you need a Lakers fan to verify that what you said was an OPINION.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I do not need you to tell me I'm the victor.  Even lakers fans on this forum admit that I've won.....go ahead and report me - I have no fear of you or them!!!

[/QUOTE]

OK, you have been reported.

And Lakers fans of this forum admit that what you preached was an OPINION. Is that the admission you want to take?

It's time well spent. After all these years, you need a Lakers fan to verify that what you said was an OPINION.

[/QUOTE]

So, do you root for the team that is currently dominant?  Or the one who is all-time dominant?  Can't figure that one out!!

So, sports -wise, I'm guessing you must root for the lakers, yankees, red wings......and, of course the Patriots, since they are currently the most dominant in the NFL.

Or are you just anit-Boston???

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from KingShaq. Show KingShaq's posts

[QUOTE]

So, do you root for the team that is currently dominant?  Or the one who is all-time dominant?  Can't figure that one out!!

So, sports -wise, I'm guessing you must root for the lakers, yankees, red wings......and, of course the Patriots, since they are currently the most dominant in the NFL.

[/QUOTE]

Umm.... you are confused.

The opinion I am refering to is TommyRules' (?) "I think the Lakers wouldn't have traded for Gasol if Bynum not injured. I guess I am 90% correct", or something like that.

So after that many years, you need some Laker fan to confirm that the "truth" you preach was merely an opinion, i.e. a speculation...

Time well spent...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Umm.... you are confused.

The opinion I am refering to is TommyRules' (?) "I think the Lakers wouldn't have traded for Gasol if Bynum not injured. I guess I am 90% correct", or something like that.

So after that many years, you need some Laker fan to confirm that the "truth" you preach was merely an opinion, i.e. a speculation...

Time well spent...

[/QUOTE]

Nah - not confused, you're the grumpy old troll, right?  Right!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from KingShaq. Show KingShaq's posts

[QUOTE]

Nah - not confused, you're the grumpy old troll, right?  Right!

[/QUOTE]

See, you concede the argument again. Who can you blame when you admit defeat?