Celtic Dominance

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakerfaker. Show lakerfaker's posts

Re: Celtic Dominance

As a fellow Laker fan, it hard for me to say that the Celtics have put together a tremendpous team.  I am afraid they will have not problems with my Lakers.  It must be nice to same some real nice talented draft picks.  We will never know since our GM wastes them on players like Sessions and then let them leave.  Its emabarrassing that the same Lakers fans come around each year pounding their chest how great we are.  The we proceed to the second round and get pounded.  you guys have a tremendous future and shouldn't miss a beat thru the transition.
    good Luck to u guys.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LakerFan67. Show LakerFan67's posts

"It's funny how these same trolls laughed at the Celtics when the Celts signed Shaq, JO, and Sheed..."

Nash had an exceptional NBA season this year. And Howard is still very much in his prime unlike Shaq, JO, & Sheed. None of these latter 3 showed that they had much left in the tank, especially the two O’Neals. But I do want to thank those Celtic fans for caring so much about the health and well-being of Howard & Nash. It shows that you can put petty loyalties aside and support all the players in the NBA, no matter the team. :)

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrydeurodlives. Show terrydeurodlives's posts

In Response to Re: Celtic Dominance:
    [QUOTE]https://www.facebook.com/pages/I-HATE-THE-LAKERS/87218232055 My new favorite place on the web. Over 35,000 likes on facebook. Giddy up!
    Posted by DFURY13[/QUOTE]

LOVE IT THANKS! I bleed green. I moved to the west coast almost 20 years ago. Growing up during the Bird era, and going to basketball camp at BC when the Big East was IT, was the best way to learn about hoops, Celtics Pride, and the correct way to play basketball.

Thanks for this post. On top of the history, the blatant difference between the untimely dealth of two of our young stars - vs. a whiny Kobe that didnt want to play for the team that drafted him - the gift of Gasol, or Shaq, DH etc wanting to be in the glitter land of LA is astounding.

Thanks for the history reminder. I am fairly confident that the LA Punk/Troll kingdom wont be able to comprehend beyond their love for Kome.

Laker Faker, thanks also for being a class act. Not because of the kind things, but more because you have perspective. Heres to another final together soon.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtic Dominance : LOVE IT THANKS! I bleed green. I moved to the west coast almost 20 years ago. Growing up during the Bird era, and going to basketball camp at BC when the Big East was IT, was the best way to learn about hoops, Celtics Pride, and the correct way to play basketball. Thanks for this post. On top of the history, the blatant difference between the untimely dealth of two of our young stars - vs. a whiny Kobe that didnt want to play for the team that drafted him - the gift of Gasol, or Shaq, DH etc wanting to be in the glitter land of LA is astounding. Thanks for the history reminder. I am fairly confident that the LA Punk/Troll kingdom wont be able to comprehend beyond their love for Kome. Laker Faker, thanks also for being a class act. Not because of the kind things, but more because you have perspective. Heres to another final together soon.
    Posted by terrydeurodlives[/QUOTE]

lakerfaker and go green are the same person

they posted pratically the same thing
    As a fellow Celtic fan, I have accepted that the Lakers are the team to beat this year and my Celtics are not going to even sniff the Finals for a few more years. I am a realist also.

As a fellow Laker fan, it hard for me to say that the Celtics have put together a tremendpous team.  I am afraid they will have not problems with my Lakers.  It must be nice to same some real nice talented draft picks.  We will never know since our GM wastes them on players like Sessions and then let them leave.  Its emabarrassing that the same Lakers fans come around each year pounding their chest how great we are.  The we proceed to the second round and get pounded.  you guys have a tremendous future and shouldn't miss a beat thru the transition.
    good Luck to u guys.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

[QUOTE]Oh, I almost forgot, the main reason why the Lakers will not win a championship this season? No team in the history of the NBA has won a championship with a clown as coach. HAHAHA
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

There is always a first time for anything

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

another addition to the great Celtic history and tradition.....those of you that watched Russ vs Wilt on television will remember the great halftime show entitled "Red on Roundball"......the master put on a clinic every Sunday afternoon....

how good were the Celtics when it came to execution? ......they only had a handful of plays....Red would call out a number and the Celts would go into their maneuvers....Jerry West, among others, said that they knew exactly what was coming as they also knew the plays "by the numbers".....and still, more often than not, they couldn't defend what they already knew was coming...think about that for a moment....talk about execution...that says it all....Red was the first genius in the league....and, unlike Phil, he built his teams from the ground up....the early Celtics weren't a great squad....but as head coach, general manager (before he had that title) and chief scout, Red did it all....the results speak for themselves...!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtic Dominance : You're in denial if you think someone that can't even sit properly will last 82 games in 6 months. Sure Nash had a great season last season. But how sure are you he's going to play the same way this coming season? Dwight is in his prime, but he's not able to run yet as of now. He's damaged goods this coming season. Maybe he'll be at 100% next year, but by that time, the Lakers are already on the way down because of too many old players. A back injury or a bad back is not to be taken lightly. It's not like it's just a sprained ankle. Dwight needs time to heal and Nash will not get better as he gets older. The Lakers also have 6 players 32 years old, or older, in their rotation. You Laker fans really think those old players can keep up if they're facing running teams like OKC and the Nuggets? You Laker fans got duped by the Busses. It's like they gave you Laker fans high end expensive cars that have defective engines. If you're going to race, a car with a defective engine is useless. 

It is strange how people are so gung-ho over poor Steve Nash being held hostage on the west coast by the wife who cheated on him keeping his kids in Phoenix that he reluctantly went to a team he despised for years, said he couldn't see himself wearing their jersey, and squeezed 1 more year and 3 million more per than he's worth out of them.

That in itself is cause for concern beyond the back injury, the age of 39 entering the playoffs, his leaving the Phoenix system he helped build and could run in his sleep and also his leaving the best training staff in the league.

any one of those issues is a red flag... there are SIX flags I mentioned right there.... SEVEN when you think he's to be expected to defend Westbrook the PG on the West champs whose torn him up for 30+ in a game each of the past 2 years

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtic Dominance : What don't you die hard Celtics fans get? Nash was not brought to the Lakers for his defense. Howard was brought to the Lakers for his defensive dominance. Clearly you can understand that? Westbrook, Harden and Durant will not longer be driving down the lane at will(at least that what it seemed like).  Once Howard is healthy he will pick for any defensive slack that Nash has. OKC will be turned into perimeter shooting team.
    Posted by dfurypos[/QUOTE]

Hahaha, still in the dark??

Howard, once (if?) his herniated disc's heal is a better defensive player than Bynum, but not dramatically so. It is like swapping Joakim Noah for Bosh... what you add on D you lose on offense... and Noah can actually hit FT's.

So yes, LA will be better prepared to defend the paint in HALFCOURT sets.... even as anyone Nash guards is going to burn him for more open looks from ANYWHERE on the floor then they were Sessions, and then when OKC gets out and RUNS the Howard advantage is mitigated... and we all know the 1 year older Kobe, Artest and Pau cannot run with Harden, Sefolosha, Durant and Ibaka the way they could 1-2-3 years ago, w/o even mentioning Nash's ages and the back issues two guys face.

Keep crossing your fingers that your improved halfcourt defense in the paint can make up for all the other issues... including the Perk factor and Howard's 50% FT shooting that will be taking place where the other 50% of the game is played... on the offensive side

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtic Dominance : Well OKC needs to get the rebounds first.  Last I read the Lakers AGE is about 90% of your premise. Hope all is well.
    Posted by dfurypos[/QUOTE]

they seemed to weather Bynum's 11 reb's per game just fine going 3-1 in the games Bynum was trying in. Howard will get 14 boards to Bynum's 10-11, but again, Perk prefers Howard, knows how to play him and had a groin injury in the series OKC won 4-1... there is a counter-argument to each and everyone of your weak sauce comments.

so wait till the season has started and you see if LA can make it work before you and the other trolls run your mouths... even then you will have to wait and see if Howard really can be more effective vs. Perk than he was in '09/'10 if the teams meet in the playoffs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LakerFan67. Show LakerFan67's posts

Lakers have signed Eddie Jordan and Bernie Bickerstaff as assistant coaches. Mike Brown wants Eddie to introduce elements of the Princeton offense to fit the Laker personnel. No one questions Brown's ability to focus on the defensive side. Now the offense will be directed primarily by Jordan.

These are facts, not predictions which aren't worth the paper they're written on!

:)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lakerstroll. Show Lakerstroll's posts

[QUOTE]It's funny how these same trolls laughed at the Celtics when the Celts signed Shaq, JO, and Sheed. I mean when the Celts signed those 3 players, they were healthy. Right now both Nash and Howard are damaged goods. And Laker trolls are so happy they got damaged goods. HAHAHA
    Would you trade those damaged goods and and the team for what you got? I don't...MUHUHUHUHHAHHAHAHAHA...

...think so.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LakerFan67. Show LakerFan67's posts

I realize some Laker fans wants to surpass the 17 titles the Celtics have achieved but I really don't care when 11 of those titles were won in an inferior league of just 8 TEAMS. Take away those 11 titles and you're at SIX! What a joke! And those SIX were won over 4 decades--FOUR DECADES!

The Lakers almost matched that in the 1980s and 2000s

What does count is the here and now and not what happened a half-century ago. Who cares except some Celtic fans that weren't even born at the time Boston dominated a league with JUST 8 TEAMS.

Imagine dominating a grudge league of 8 teams with a 6'9" center. Those are your bragging rights? That is what your yelping about, hooten & holleren to try and get the nation's NBA fans attention? What have you won the past 2 decades?

Can you please repeat that number again? What is it--ONE itty bitty title? Why are you whispering? Is that an inferiority complex for being irrelevant for soooo many years.

I don't blame you for digging up success from half a century ago after sooo many years of futility, of crying about feeling cheated by the league, the refs, the failures.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LakerFan67. Show LakerFan67's posts

"Bynum can still do a favor for the Lakers - inflict pain on
    Boston.

...It was in London last week where Sixers head coach Doug
    Collins and his old friend, Celtics coach Doc Rivers, were
    hanging out and taking a break from their duties
    broadcasting the Olympic basketball games for NBC. Collins
    and Rivers go back more than 30 years so the old basketball
    coaches certainly have few secrets between them.

But when the topic of centers in the NBA came up, Collins
    must have had his best poker face or cat-that-ate-the-canary
    grin. Little did Rivers know at the time that one of his
    worst fears was about to join the Atlantic Division.

“It was kind of funny. We were talking one night and he was
    talking about low-post centers and he said the only guy he
    really worries about is Andrew Bynum and I was about ready
    to choke,” Collins said with a wry smile. “I was thinking,
    ‘Hey, Doc we’re going to get him tomorrow.’”...

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakerfaker. Show lakerfaker's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtic Dominance : LOVE IT THANKS! I bleed green. I moved to the west coast almost 20 years ago. Growing up during the Bird era, and going to basketball camp at BC when the Big East was IT, was the best way to learn about hoops, Celtics Pride, and the correct way to play basketball. Thanks for this post. On top of the history, the blatant difference between the untimely dealth of two of our young stars - vs. a whiny Kobe that didnt want to play for the team that drafted him - the gift of Gasol, or Shaq, DH etc wanting to be in the glitter land of LA is astounding. Thanks for the history reminder. I am fairly confident that the LA Punk/Troll kingdom wont be able to comprehend beyond their love for Kome. Laker Faker, thanks also for being a class act. Not because of the kind things, but more because you have perspective. Heres to another final together soon.
    Posted by terrydeurodlives[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much. You guys have a lot to look forward to this year. You have some class acts as posters and some players. You work together in unison. I wish my Laker franchise operated this way. You are right we have been gifted with some strong inside players. Our management knew Kobe couldn't do it so they bring in people like Shaq and Gasol. We all know both of these players were the reason Kobe won his rings but we still have gfan acting like it was Kobe. Paul Pierce or Ray Allen in Kobes place and they probably have more than 5 rings since they wouldn't have run off Shaq because of the Alpha Dog syndrome.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

look who's back with a new name....."click"

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LakerFan67. Show LakerFan67's posts

Titles, TITLES, championships, CHAMPIONSHIPS. Again some few Boston fans want to brag about how far the Celts got in the inferior East in the playoffs. Atlanta? Sixers? Knicks? Ugh!

IT SHOULD BE IRRELEVANT HOW FAR EITHER L.A. or Boston get in the playoffs unless you win a TITLE. The measuring stick SHOULD BE TITLE! No title, the seaon was a failure!

I can bring up the fact that the Lakers, yes the Lakers have been to the finals more than any other franchise in NBA history, including Boston but who cares! The measuring stick for L.A. fans is championships. Whether you lose 4 straight, go to 6 or 7 games in the playoffs--who cares!

& the fact that Boston has only won 1 itty bitty title in more than 20 years says it all about futility whereas the Lakers have won 5. Cry all you want, talk about how you was robbed, that the league has it in for Boston--whine, whimper--but those are the facts. :-)

Sections
Shortcuts