Celtic fan.....but Laker relevance question

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Celtic fan.....but Laker relevance question

Listening on the radio .........Some said that the Lakers could have a quick turnaround to relevance. They will have a lottery pick this year. They also said they have CAP space both next year and the year after. I thought all their bad moves had put them in a bad spot?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Re: Celtic fan.....but Laker relevance question

The Lakers ALWAYS have a chance to turn things around fast...

First, and formeost, it's So. Cal.....the land of eternal warmth, sunshine, and beautiful women walking around in bikini's...and that's word.....stars, nobody hassles you because there's so many stars they don't care who they see...I mean, who wouldn't want to ,go there if you were a young, healthy 20 year old with 100 million in the bank...be honest! Free agents WANT to be Lakers.

Second, it's a storied franchise with a rabid fan base....you know you'll be coast to coast on TV every time a game is played, especially on Holidays and weekends...

Third, they have big contracts ending after this season...they'll have beaucoup cap room.

Fourth, they are the most willing team to go into luxury tax area...they'll overspend to have a good team.

Fifth...a deep lottery pick plus Kobe coming back means wins...

Yeah, they could turn it around fast...so what?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I don't know -

cap room is more for the following year, not next year

one draft pick will not turn them around

they only have 4 players under contract for next season, and two of them are Robert Sacre and Ryan Kelly.

they have 35 mill tied up in two players who essentially didn't play this year

what will they do with Pau?

or D'Antoni?

too many questions to "turn it around" in one year............maybe 3.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkiller. Show greenkiller's posts

We always do...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from johconn. Show johconn's posts

In response to greenkiller's comment:

We always do...

I'm a firm believe that the Celtics will do business with the Lakers over Rondo for their pick. They'll somehow land Love too. The Lakers have no interest in building through the draft or devleoping players. Right now they are the Kobe Lakers and he wants to win NOW and the Lakers will love all that legacy marketing etc etc- and creating their own MJ. But it's all short-term. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

We always do...

I think you mean you always did.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from johconn. Show johconn's posts

although they have little ol' stevie nash screaming

"show me the MONEY!!!!"

pay the man lakers. pay the man. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

We always do...

DID! LOL! +Infinity

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Jackson plans on stealing Koby to play beside Anthony next year.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:

In response to Iceman4's comment:

Listening on the radio .........Some said that the Lakers could have a quick turnaround to relevance. They will have a lottery pick this year. They also said they have CAP space both next year and the year after. I thought all their bad moves had put them in a bad spot?

Yes, all their bad moves put them in a bad spot.

1. Kobe for 48m for the next 2 years.

2. No coach; D'Antoni will get fired.

3. Lottery pick and a soon to be 36-year old Kobe?

Having Kobe is a "win now" situation.

Lottery picks need time to learn the NBA game.

4. Cap space is only an asset if you're one or two players away from being a contender.

The Lakers only have 7 players who will likely return for next season.

That means the Lakers don't really have a lot of cap space because the Lakers need 6 more players to have a complete 13-man roster.

5. The main reason why the Lakers will be irrelevant for a very, very long time - Jimmy Buss!

Will they give Pau a decent career ending contract or will they tell him to not let the door hit in the backside? 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I don't predict much, but I predict Pau will walk.  They may "offer" him a nice deal, but the man has been disrespected enough.

Pau to DAL - that's my call, right now!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkiller. Show greenkiller's posts

We always do...

No, Do.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

GK,

Tell us. Are the Lakers going to give Pau a decent career ending salary that he deserves or are they going to let him walk?  Let's hear it from a true Laker fan? What's going to happen? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:

In response to CeltsFanInNH's comment:

Will they give Pau a decent career ending contract or will they tell him to not let the door hit in the backside? 

They'll have no choice but to give Pau a decent career ending contract.

I think if they don't get a top 4-5 pick they'll look to trade the pick. Maybe to the Cs with Nash for Rondo. Then sign Pau to a decent contract and hope they can get other pieces for one last run. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkiller. Show greenkiller's posts

GK,

Tell us. Are the Lakers going to give Pau a decent career ending salary that he deserves or are they going to let him walk?  Let's hear it from a true Laker fan? What's going to happen? 

I'm not into predictions, I leave that to Mr. 99% wrong aka Fungus. IMO if he takes a pay cut I'm fine with it and no he's no Kobe who's been in our franchise since day one and of of the best in the history of the NBA. Now question for you, let's hear it from a true Celtics fan? Was it right for the Celtics to trade away Pierce with all the losing he had to go through and after he was faithful to the franchise. Now please take your green glasses off before answering...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

We always do...

No, Do.

Only a fool tries to predict the future based on the past.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In response to johconn's comment:

We always do...

I'm a firm believe that the Celtics will do business with the Lakers over Rondo for their pick. They'll somehow land Love too. The Lakers have no interest in building through the draft or devleoping players. Right now they are the Kobe Lakers and he wants to win NOW and the Lakers will love all that legacy marketing etc etc- and creating their own MJ. But it's all short-term. 

Some lakers fans are posting about Kobe like if was in his prime.Awake up folks.He still can play,but he is not the same player of 2-3 years ago.He will eat up good chunk of the salary cap and complain about not having the ball in his hand allthe time.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

In response to debrit's comment:

In response to johconn's comment:

We always do...

Some lakers fans are posting about Kobe like if was in his prime.Awake up folks.He still can play,but he is not the same player of 2-3 years ago.He will eat up good chunk of the salary cap and complain about not having the ball in his hand allthe time.

Are you even sure Kobe will be able to even play half if wag the was? A year off at his age? Gained a lot of weight. He's not going to be as fast or have the lift that he did before. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

GK,

I'm not into predictions, I leave that to Mr. 99% wrong aka Fungus. IMO if he takes a pay cut I'm fine with it and no he's no Kobe who's been in our franchise since day one and of of the best in the history of the NBA. Now question for you, let's hear it from a true Celtics fan? Was it right for the Celtics to trade away Pierce with all the losing he had to go through and after he was faithful to the franchise. Now please take your green glasses off before answering...

Danny has said all along that he would trade anybody if it was for the good of the franchise. Pierce could have left without any compensation. Danny worked a deal that gives the Cs 3 great draft picks when the  Nets will be headed to the lottery. 

Whats so bad about that?  He did his job. Pierce is in a better place this year for a deeper playoff run. He did not give him a $24M contract like the Lakers gave Kobe. The real question will be next year when Kobester is up for a new contract what Jimmy does for him? 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

We always do...

Good one...

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

My boiii is wicked smaahhhrt

How you like Dem apples!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:

We always do...

Good one...

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

My boiii is wicked smaahhhrt

How you like Dem apples!

Yes, old 37 stuck to em. He is a writer so obviously pretty smart guy and this one should be nominated for a Pulitzer. Way to go 37! +Infinity! Happy Friday to all and here is to a big loss tonight! Let's get this ship headed in the right direction again.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkiller. Show greenkiller's posts

GK,

Danny has said all along that he would trade anybody if it was for the good of the franchise. Pierce could have left without any compensation. Danny worked a deal that gives the Cs 3 great draft picks when the  Nets will be headed to the lottery. 

Whats so bad about that?  He did his job. Pierce is in a better place this year for a deeper playoff run. He did not give him a $24M contract like the Lakers gave Kobe. The real question will be next year when Kobester is up for a new contract what Jimmy does for him? 

I did not like Kobe's contract but in a way it makes sence. Let's SUPPOSE there is a young Super Star free agent and he like everyone would like to be taken care when he's not in his prime and look at what Boston did with Pierce and what the Lakers did with Kobe. Who you think he will consider signing with??? Wink No excuses please.

Sections
Shortcuts