[QUOTE]

In response to CeltsFanInNH's comment:
[QUOTE]

In response to greenkiller's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to CeltsFanInNH's comment:
[QUOTE]

GK,

Tell us. Are the Lakers going to give Pau a decent career ending salary that he deserves or are they going to let him walk?  Let's hear it from a true Laker fan? What's going to happen? 

[/QUOTE]

I'm not into predictions, I leave that to Mr. 99% wrong aka Fungus. IMO if he takes a pay cut I'm fine with it and no he's no Kobe who's been in our franchise since day one and of of the best in the history of the NBA. Now question for you, let's hear it from a true Celtics fan? Was it right for the Celtics to trade away Pierce with all the losing he had to go through and after he was faithful to the franchise. Now please take your green glasses off before answering...

[/QUOTE]

Danny has said all along that he would trade anybody if it was for the good of the franchise. Pierce could have left without any compensation. Danny worked a deal that gives the Cs 3 great draft picks when the  Nets will be headed to the lottery. 

Whats so bad about that?  He did his job. Pierce is in a better place this year for a deeper playoff run. He did not give him a $24M contract like the Lakers gave Kobe. The real question will be next year when Kobester is up for a new contract what Jimmy does for him? 

[/QUOTE]

I did not like Kobe's contract but in a way it makes sence. Let's SUPPOSE there is a young Super Star free agent and he like everyone would like to be taken care when he's not in his prime and look at what Boston did with Pierce and what the Lakers did with Kobe. Who you think he will consider signing with??? Wink No excuses please.

[/QUOTE]

He'd sign with the Lakers because he was so impressed with the great George Mikan Lakers?!

NOPE>>>>He'd sign with the Lakers because they'd overpay and he'd get all the Hollywood slutes in town...I'd do the same thing...Money, sunshine and all the big "O" you can handle? Why not!