Celtic Secret weapon

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

Celtic Secret weapon

We are all missing the new experimental plan. A Celtic secret weapon team. The plan is to have a super fast team of 2's and 3's interchangeable and supported by a minimum number of fast 3's and 4's. The opposition having no chance of keeping up with this new basketball concept that will rule in the ensuing fast paced games that will evolve. Those fast players will be working on those leg presses and lateral drills to box out all of those slow giants that will try to thwart this new concept . Watch with diligence and wait!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

Re: Celtic Secret weapon

In response to TommyRules' comment:

This is a fantasy.

Boston doesn't have a playmaking guard that will lead the offense.

I expected this shallow reply from you.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

It is that game plan that won us 11 of 17 championships.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

Maybe.. Look at Dave Cowens playing 5..Superb!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

Russ is not walking through that door unfortunately..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Um, to run you have to rebound first.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

I agree but why does RR have so many rebounds?

This was initially a tongue in cheek point but really?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KennCelt53. Show KennCelt53's posts

In response to heirplain's comment:

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

I agree but why does RR have so many rebounds?

This was initially a tongue in cheek point but really?

Bass doesn't seem to anticipate where the rebound is going nor is his body prepared to go get it. That doesn't  even address the boxing out or positioning he doesn't seem to do well. His problem seems to be more of a lack of rebounding mindset, as though he hasn't decided to be a rebounder, yet.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

We are all missing the new experimental plan. A Celtic secret weapon team. The plan is to have a super fast team of 2's and 3's interchangeable and supported by a minimum number of fast 3's and 4's. The opposition having no chance of keeping up with this new basketball concept that will rule in the ensuing fast paced games that will evolve. Those fast players will be working on those leg presses and lateral drills to box out all of those slow giants that will try to thwart this new concept . Watch with diligence and wait!

Does this mean Pierce will be on the bench?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from KennCelt53. Show KennCelt53's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to KennCelt53's comment:

Bass doesn't seem to anticipate where the rebound is going nor is his body prepared to go get it. That doesn't  even address the boxing out or positioning he doesn't seem to do well. His problem seems to be more of a lack of rebounding mindset, as though he hasn't decided to be a rebounder, yet.

The problem with Bass is he has to rebound with both hands. Bass can't rebound with just one hand.

Sully's a good rebounder because he uses one hand to hold off the opposing player then grabs the rebound with the other hand.

Try looking more closely at Bass when he tries to get a rebound, I'm sure you'll see he always rebounds with 2 hands. 

That is a good point. Does that mean that figuratively he rebounds with one hand tied behind his back? Not good. Can it be corrected or is it related to hand size?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to KennCelt53's comment:

The problem with Bass is he has to rebound with both hands. Bass can't rebound with just one hand.

Sully's a good rebounder because he uses one hand to hold off the opposing player then grabs the rebound with the other hand.

Try looking more closely at Bass when he tries to get a rebound, I'm sure you'll see he always rebounds with 2 hands. 

Sometimes you amaze me with your concepts.  Not a coach in world is going to tell someone to rebound with one hand.  sully is  a good rebounder because he gets position.  End of story. They are two different players, one knows how to rebound and one doesn't,   has nothing to do with rebounding with one hand.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobeismrnba. Show kobeismrnba's posts

LMAO.  What is this secert weapon Danny underneath the opposing teams basket throwing up white towels while the opposing player shoots free throws?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from postal5. Show postal5's posts

You are right Fierce.  Bass' small hands (or just bad hands) are a huge (no pun) problem.  Not only in rebounding.  How many times does he make a very nice hop into the lane to get positon for a dunk, show his strong lift as he goes up, and then loose the ball or get stripped.  Sully's quick, strong hands complement his long arms to take full advantage of his fine positioning.  Sully has to be the 35 minute a game rebounder when his back heals.  Sully versus the Nuggets Manimal under the basket is a good show.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to kobeismrnba's comment:

LMAO.  What is this secert weapon Danny underneath the opposing teams basket throwing up white towels while the opposing player shoots free throws?

Mr Lottery you mean ROTFLMAO!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

But fundamentally rebounding with both hands is the proper technique. Are you saying that Bass was taught wrong by his coaches in HS, College and the Pros?

I think the over all point he is making is the Sully has fantastic hands and it give him an edge because he can corral rebounds with one hand. Not the proper technique but an edge if you can do it. 

Sully is also stronger than bass, which helps him hold his ground better has a big giant rear end which he uses to create space and he is someone that is good at noticng who is shooting and from where and what that means in terms of where the ball wil be when missed.

Basically Sully, has the skill set to be great on the glass. Bass doesn't. And it's not like he can just learn it because at this level, if everyone could be a great rebounder most would. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In response to TommyRules' comment:

This is a fantasy.

Boston doesn't have a playmaking guard that will lead the offense.

Sorry!! I got you confused with another poster. Your comment is a valid one except I think they might be heading another direction. players at the 2 that are great at assists, shooting and that are athletic defenders  can be a great force when platooned to wear down the opposition. Add some height and power at the 3..you might have something. I am talking my skeptical self into this theory believe me. Need these guys to block out and clean the glass.  My personal experience tells me a 50 # difference and 5 inches can be offset by technique, IQ, athletic ability, hops and motivation  in most cases but not all.