Celtics 18-7 without Garnett in 2009

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Celtics 18-7 without Garnett in 2009

Just want to address the idiotic post by RallyC that the Celtics are 36-17 without Rondo.  in 2009 when Garnett went down with a knee injury the Celtics were 18-7 without him. So clearly the Celtics are better without Garnett.

Who doesn't wish we had started 18-7 out of the gate this year?  Wait,  those teams had Pierce, Allen, and Rondo so uhm, they might win a few games. And when Rnodo went down most of those teams still had KG, Pierce and Ray Allen.

Maybe that is why their record has mostly been good without Rondo. It's mostly been good period. No matter who is out. 

This year has been different as we have mosly been mediocre. last year at this point we were mediocre. We turned it on the second half of last year. with Rondo, but the worst bench in the league.

This year without Rondo, Barbosa. Green and Terry, All much better than Dooling Pietrius, and Daniels have stepped up. We are playing well, but let's not get crazy. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

Re: Celtics 18-7 without Garnett in 2009

In response to jtkl's comment:

Just want to address the idiotic post by RallyC that the Celtics are 36-17 without Rondo.  in 2009 when Garnett went down with a knee injury the Celtics were 18-7 without him. So clearly the Celtics are better without Garnett.

Who doesn't wish we had started 18-7 out of the gate this year?  Wait,  those teams had Pierce, Allen, and Rondo so uhm, they might win a few games. And when Rnodo went down most of those teams still had KG, Pierce and Ray Allen.

Maybe that is why their record has mostly been good without Rondo. It's mostly been good period. No matter who is out. 

This year has been different as we have mosly been mediocre. last year at this point we were mediocre. We turned it on the second half of last year. with Rondo, but the worst bench in the league.

This year without Rondo, Barbosa. Green and Terry, All much better than Dooling Pietrius, and Daniels have stepped up. We are playing well, but let's not get crazy. 

I knew it was Garnett!!! He's the reason the Celtics are mediocre! Without him they are 18-7, no fluke!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

I said it before: If DA would listen to this forum, we would be without Rondo, Pierce, KG, Allen (oops), Terry, Bass, Green and... actually we would have no players at all cause they all s*ck and earn to much money.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

What you are ignoring is that the C's were mired in a 6-game losing streak and below .500 with your hero. You are grasping at straws with this BS. Your "sample size" is too small, as is your brain, as my 53-games is more than double and speaks to RONDO's entire NBA carreer. He couldn't hold KG's jock! KG is constantly proving that HE is our most valuable player EVERY YEAR, even now. You are welcome, please come back soon. School starts as soon as you learn to read historical data, i.e. last 13-games in 2013: 0-6 with RR, 7-0 without RR. THE REALITY OF REALITY is not arguable.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

What you are ignoring is that the C's were mired in a 6-game losing streak and below .500 with your hero. You are grasping at straws with this BS. Your "sample size" is too small, as is your brain, as my 53-games is more than double and speaks to RONDO's entire NBA carreer. He couldn't hold KG's jock! KG is constantly proving that HE is our most valuable player EVERY YEAR, even now. You are welcome, please come back soon. School starts as soon as you learn to read historical data, i.e. last 13-games in 2013: 0-6 with RR, 7-0 without RR. THE REALITY OF REALITY is not arguable.

So what? If Rondo had went down during the 6 game winning streak that preceded the 6 game losing streak would you be sining the same tune?  As for KG we were 18-7. without him. By your logic we are a better team without him. I'm using YOUR EXACT SAME ARGUMENT and applying it to KG. And now suddenly you're disavowing your own logic because you KNOW for a FACT this team isn't better without KG. 

Truth of the mater is you are a moron. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from green-mtn-boy. Show green-mtn-boy's posts

so because terry and his boys stopped pouting and started playing its rondos fault? hmmm. im wondering if im the only 1 who sees this.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to green-mtn-boy's comment:

so because terry and his boys stopped pouting and started playing its rondos fault? hmmm. im wondering if im the only 1 who sees this.

+1 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Green-mtn-boy, thats a good point, but they weren't ever pouting. They couldn't do anything becuse they weren't getting the ball. No touches, no opportunity. We didn't hear about their displeasure with RONDO until after he was out for a couple of games. All that's happened since, 7-0, proves that they had more than enough reason to be frustrated. They wanted to help the TEAM win, and not just help RONDO to the All-star game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Green, thats a good point, but they weren't ever pouting. We didn't hear about their displeasure with RONDO until after he was out for a couple of games. All that's happened since, 7-0, proves that they had more than enough reason to be frustrated. They wanted to help the TEAM win, and not just help RONDO to the All-star game.

you havent even heard displeasure. you heard one RUMOR about C Lee being unhappy, which Courtney immediately exposed as a bogus rumor. So what exactly are you talking about Rally? Matter of fact, why not supply some links of Celtics players saying they were unhappy with Rondo.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

So what? If Rondo had went down during the 6 game winning streak that preceded the 6 game losing streak would you be sining the same tune?  As for KG we were 18-7. without him. By your logic we are a better team without him. I'm using YOUR EXACT SAME ARGUMENT and applying it to KG. And now suddenly you're disavowing your own logic because you KNOW for a FACT this team isn't better without KG. 

Truth of the mater is you are a moron. 

WHAT? You aren't even worth debating with. You make zero sense. You are selecting a 25-games during one season with the C's. I am giving you EVERY GAME, 56, THAT RONDO missed in his carreer. What are the total # of games KG has missed over his entire time with the C's and tell me what those numbers say, then we will be having an intelligent conversation. Don't hurt your brain now! Otherwise, you're just too stupid to be here!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to JamezHill24's comment:

Green, thats a good point, but they weren't ever pouting. We didn't hear about their displeasure with RONDO until after he was out for a couple of games. All that's happened since, 7-0, proves that they had more than enough reason to be frustrated. They wanted to help the TEAM win, and not just help RONDO to the All-star game.

you havent even heard displeasure. you heard one RUMOR about C Lee being unhappy, which Courtney immediately exposed as a bogus rumor. So what exactly are you talking about Rally? Matter of fact, why not supply some links of Celtics players saying they were unhappy with Rondo.

Jamez, you need to read my post. You are on my side on this one! 
    DAMN! I said they weren't complaining until later, just as you said. The 7-0 streak shows that they were happier and menatlly healthier after your man went down. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Jamez, you need to read my post. You are on my side on this one! DAMN!

i read it fine. You are saying C's players were unhappy with Rondo.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Jamez, you need to read my post. You are on my side on this one! DAMN!

i read it fine. You are saying C's players were unhappy with Rondo.

0-6 to 7-0 happened for a reason! Call it an educated guess. THEY WEREN'T GETTING THE BALL WITH ENOUGH TIME ON THE CLOCK TO DO ANYTHING. It doesn't take a genious, Jamez. Rondo is a great player, just not on this TEAM. WE ARE SEEING IT BEFORE OUR EYES. OH-VER-RAY-TED!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from green-mtn-boy. Show green-mtn-boy's posts

rally how do you know. i read every day about rondo pouting here.  so my thought is they didnt like being second fiddle. they were getting the ball when they were in the right spot.not everybody is good at that.wes welker is a good example of a player being in the spot.i cant even tell what they are running for offense now. it looks like street ball to me. not that i mind because its working for them and fun to watch. im a die hard celtics fan and i know the value of a good distibutor. the years with out 1 taught me this.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

rally how do you know. i read every day about rondo pouting here.  so my thought is they didnt like being second fiddle. they were getting the ball when they were in the right spot.not everybody is good at that.wes welker is a good example of a player being in the spot.i cant even tell what they are running for offense now. it looks like street ball to me. not that i mind because its working for them and fun to watch. im a die hard celtics fan and i know the value of a good distibutor. the years with out 1 taught me this.

Fair enough. I'm not questionioning your fandom, I'm just relaying that from my perspective, I saw RONDO as holding on to the ball too long and not giving his teammates enough time to create. I'd like to see them have more of a chance to use their skils than just be options for the PG.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

The Rondo worshippers won't be happy until we lose!!  The longer the streak goes, the louder, their cries become!!  I almost feel sorry for them.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I see where jtkl is coming from, Rally C you use a statistical anomily as a basis for an argument that Rondo is a detriment rather than assett to the team and there are others that support your arguement. All jtkl is doing is pointring out that it is more of a coincidence than proof.

I've said in other posts concerning this, the big 3 and Doc have been very successful playing the way they have and have been reluctant to go all in accepting our changing roster . The last few years it has been "the Big 4" then RA leaves and it was the Big 3 and they were reluctant to include the newer players. The main exception was Terry who was given RAs shots with mixed results . Now down to the big 2 we had to change the way were playing. I have been a big critic of having the ball stick in KG,PP and Rondos hands for too long and too much all season and I think this new approach brings us closer to # 18 tha n the way we were playing. I'm not blaming Rondo solely for our slog ball we were playing earlier I think Doc,KG and PP were equally to blame.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

The Rondo worshippers won't be happy until we lose!!  The longer the streak goes, the louder, their cries become!!  I almost feel sorry for them.

what are you talking about? I hope the streak goes 30 games. and even if does I'll still feel we are better with Rondo. You are the ones who blame every win and every loss on the actions of one player. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

I see where jtkl is coming from, Rally C you use a statistical anomily as a basis for an argument that Rondo is a detriment rather than assett to the team and there are others that support your arguement. All jtkl is doing is pointring out that it is more of a coincidence than proof.

I've said in other posts concerning this, the big 3 and Doc have been very successful playing the way they have and have been reluctant to go all in accepting our changing roster . The last few years it has been "the Big 4" then RA leaves and it was the Big 3 and they were reluctant to include the newer players. The main exception was Terry who was given RAs shots with mixed results . Now down to the big 2 we had to change the way were playing. I have been a big critic of having the ball stick in KG,PP and Rondos hands for too long and too much all season and I think this new approach brings us closer to # 18 tha n the way we were playing. I'm not blaming Rondo solely for our slog ball we were playing earlier I think Doc,KG and PP were equally to blame.

Good post.  People are right that the Celtics are 7-0 without Rondo but we are also 5-0 without Sullinger. Does that make Sullinger the problem? Of course not. The Celtics are playing better because the new spread offense is working better than the last offense. We are spreading the ball all over.  I think having our best open court player back (when Rondo heals)  will really work with that. Having said that it is still too early to know anything.

Teams haven't been scouting weakness in what we are doing just yet and you can bet as the season goes on the league will prepare for the Celtics in a diffrent way. working to take away what we are doing well. I hope we can maintain this success but again too early to tell anything.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

what are you talking about? I hope the streak goes 30 games. and even if does I'll still feel we are better with Rondo. You are the ones who blame every win and every loss on the actions of one player. 

Wow. Quite frankly the most moronic post of this or any century. First you cry out the importance of statistical sampling and then follow it up w/ throwing out the same if it proves the haters' correct. Everything you write after this nonsensical point is basically worthless.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to tomobo's comment:

Wow. Quite frankly the most moronic post of this or any century. First you cry out the importance of statistical sampling and then follow it up w/ throwing out the same if it proves the haters' correct. Everything you write after this nonsensical point is basically worthless.

Uhm, your post is remarkably dumb and poorly reasoned. See, here's the thing. I personally don't just look at one stat when trying determine the validity of something regarding this team. So when looking at Rondo's impact on the game I don't just look at what the team's record is when he goes down. I think there are other factors that come into play that determine whether he is impacting the game positively or not. So I have no problem disregarding just one stat if I don't think it shows the full picture.  

HOWEVER if you are someone Who only LOOKS at one stat like the win loss record since Rondo went down. And if you ignore every other stat, Then at least be smart enough to Use a valid sample size for the ONE STAT you use.  

So no, I didn't contradict myself and if you had half a brain you'd realize that. the problem is I don't think you do. 

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I got a very fair question for the Rondo Supporters.  If we had this same exact scenario and it was Pierce that was missing how many of you guys would be running Pierce out on a rail? Be honest here.   I can tell when I read a lot of guys posts,  especially during the game threads. Quite a few guys here would be the very same about Paul if the scenarios were switch.

This I guarantee.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

I got a very fair question for the Rondo Supporters.  If we had this same exact scenario and it was Pierce that was missing how many of you guys would be running Pierce out on a rail? Be honest here.   I can tell when I read a lot of guys posts,  especially during the game threads. Quite a few guys here would be the very same about Paul if the scenarios were switch.

This I guarantee.

I am being honest  here. I am  I would think anyone who thought this team was better without Pierce was crazy.  

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts