Celtics - 2 #1 picks and 2 2nd rd picks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Celtics - 2 #1 picks and 2 2nd rd picks

I hope no one loses site of this fact.

That begins the transition from the Big 3. Ainge can also do S&Ts with Green and/or BBD for a player or picks this off season if they cannot get them signed.

He hasn't touched the core. How many of us really expected to be sitting with these options before today??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Re: Celtics - 2 #1 picks and 2 2nd rd picks

The 2nd round pick is actually in 2013. So I stand corrected.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

You are looking at long term. Many look at the moment. People see a defensive answer to Howard and Bynum as gone. I think that is their main concern. But, I agree that you have to look to the long term. How do you feel about this teams chances to win a championship?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I'm not concerned because Ainge opened 3 roster spots. He didn't do that because he like Chris Johnson or a D-League player that much. He did it because when guys start getting bought out he's going to plug them right in.

If he lands Murphy or Dalembert and TJ Ford I doubt anyone will be missing Perk.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dahc13. Show dahc13's posts

I'm not concerned because Ainge opened 3 roster spots. He didn't do that because he like Chris Johnson or a D-League player that much. He did it because when guys start getting bought out he's going to plug them right in. If he lands Murphy or Dalembert and TJ Ford I doubt anyone will be missing Perk.
    Posted by BiasLewis

I would say dalembert would be a great add....but according to this he isn't going to be bought out....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

I am not saying you are wrong. But I think many feel that nobody is out there that will be a defensive answer to the other big boys like Perk was. Me, it's wait and see. For anyone wanting to shake things up, you got it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

First, I think everyone can now see Danny did something for the future of this team.  Those (Dudder) who said he will leave the team in shambles and retire were clearly wrong.

However, Bias, there's no way we won't miss Perk.  Murphy can't guard a sole and Dalembert can't guard anyone strong (good off ball help defender but not on ball) and Ford CERTAINLY is not a defensive help.  So, the vaunted Celts defense can't possibly be as strong.   When the other team is getting those boards and their centers are scoring, we will wish we had Perk.

I like the trades overall, but there's no arguing we will miss Perk's D and rebounding so we can only hope that what we get in return will allow us to win Number 18 this year.   If we don't win it - we know Danny gave it away.  We were built to win NOW!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics - 2 #1 picks and 2 2nd rd picks:
    First, I think everyone can now see Danny did something for the future of this team.  Those (Dudder) who said he will leave the team in shambles and retire were clearly wrong. However, Bias, there's no way we won't miss Perk.  Murphy can't guard a sole and Dalembert can't guard anyone strong (good off ball help defender but not on ball) and Ford CERTAINLY is not a defensive help.  So, the vaunted Celts defense can't possibly be as strong.   When the other team is getting those boards and their centers are scoring, we will wish we had Perk. I like the trades overall, but there's no arguing we will miss Perk's D and rebounding so we can only hope that what we get in return will allow us to win Number 18 this year.   If we don't win it - we know Danny gave it away.  We were built to win NOW!
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

Both you and Bias make good points. Now we can all watch this unfold and see where the team ends up. Hopefuly, hoisting another banner.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dino1980. Show dino1980's posts

There are very few players that should be untouchable in these situations, and I believe Perkins is one of them.

In the Boston sports world, this is as shocking as trading Nomar, releasing Lawyer Milloy, or trading Richard Seymour.  Those moves don't look so bad in hindsight, but they have the benefit of being successful moves in the short term and long term.  Maybe we weren't happy at the time, but those teams got better.

The same can't be said for this move, especially on trade-day.  I don't think the Celtics got better.  I also am not sure the picks we got are going to turn into anything worth being excited about.  Second round picks are like a coin flip we may get a player worth something but then again, probably not. 

Getting the Clippers first round pick sounds good until you realize it's a 2012 pick and that team is getting better.  I'll be willing to bet they are a playoff team that year.  The pick we earn in that season may be closer to the bottom than their pick.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics - 2 #1 picks and 2 2nd rd picks : I would say dalembert would be a great add....but according to this he isn't going to be bought out.... http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/211390/Kings_To_Keep_Dalembert
    Posted by dahc13

Dalembert couldn't be traded for so I doubt he will get bought out.  Would be nice.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

hey Bias

Dalembert?  Who said Dalembert?  That would be satisfactory.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PogiAko. Show PogiAko's posts

In general it was a good trade for the Celtics, we have a versatile SF that can match up against Lebron if we ever made it to the East Finals. 

Our defense will suffer definitely but not to the extent that we will gave up 10pts every game because Perkins is not around. Remember that Perkins played for only 12 games this season, but we are No. 1 in the East. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

First, I think everyone can now see Danny did something for the future of this team.  Those (Dudder) who said he will leave the team in shambles and retire were clearly wrong. However, Bias, there's no way we won't miss Perk.  Murphy can't guard a sole and Dalembert can't guard anyone strong (good off ball help defender but not on ball) and Ford CERTAINLY is not a defensive help.  So, the vaunted Celts defense can't possibly be as strong.   When the other team is getting those boards and their centers are scoring, we will wish we had Perk. I like the trades overall, but there's no arguing we will miss Perk's D and rebounding so we can only hope that what we get in return will allow us to win Number 18 this year.   If we don't win it - we know Danny gave it away.  We were built to win NOW!
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

DUDDER is always wrong, in addition to be racist and hateful

and Pierce/Ray will be on this team through 2014, not just on it but playing minutes in the 20's and scoring points in the teens... so it is not like we have 15 months till some sort of mid 90's explosion happens.

Jeff Green is better than BBD. So first thing is to keep him. As a hybrid Forward (24 mins @ SF, 12 @ PF) the next 5 years (all in his 20's btw) he will be a 20-22 point player with Rondo passing him the ball...

If Rondo finally perfects the jumper he shows signs of working hard on and gets in the 75% range at the stripe next season we'll be in a prime position to lure Dwight Howard here summer of 2012 and stay a top 5 team/contender. A new big 3 but with Pierce, Ray, maybe KG and/or Baby, Avery and a 2012 1st rd pick from LAC in the teens along for the ride.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

If Doc uses Green at PF he's doing it to create a mismatchup. Green is PP's backup at SF.

Green is 6'9, PP is 6'7 but they are both SFs. That should tell you the skillset he has. So if you're expecting him to be a PF, you're going to be surprised that's he's that big and he's a SF.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ArmyLT. Show ArmyLT's posts

That would be great if the Clippers give us a top 5 pick next year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kccorwin. Show kccorwin's posts

I like the trade also. Kristic will be another scoring option along with Green either on the first or 2nd unit. When Shaq comes back he can start with first unit and Kristic will be a good scoring option with the 2nd unit. Plus although I like Nate Robinson, I was getting tired of him missing his shots all of the time. I'm hoping that Danny eithers knows of someone he will pick up or that Sheed may come back or even that Jermaine Oneal is progressing well from surgery. Then I believe that Perk will be an after thought although I know the guys on the team will miss him. It will be good to have a center that has some offensive skills. That's why Shaq was so good with the first unit when he was healthy and wasn to that big of a liability of defense. Also we did quite well without Perk so far this season.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

That would be great if the Clippers give us a top 5 pick next year.
    Posted by ArmyLT

The Clippers pick is top 10 protected and there is no chance of the Clippers not being in the playoffs - they have gone most of this season without their all-star center and the league's 5th leading scorer.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

We are going to miss Perkins enforcer attitude, but KG has enough of that to go around.  The truth of the matter is that Big Baby has done an excellent job against the Howard's and even Gasol and Bynum's and he can also guard the four position very well.  This move not only gives us versitility wherein Baby can play the five and four and Green can play the four and three as the situation warrants, it sets the Celtics up to make a run at Howard should he want to leave.  With a guy like Howard I would feel comfortable with Big Baby as the four and Green as the three over an 82 game stretch and would not feel the same had it been Perkins.  The truth the Celtics have just increased their options in terms of chips and rotations greatly. 
    Posted by ShepherdCall

I agree. Trading Semih still has me baffled.

Sections
Shortcuts