Celtics acquire Colton Iverson, 7-1 Center in Second Round!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Re: Celtics acquire Colton Iverson, 7-1 Center in Second Round!

Iverson could be better than Melo right now, but i agree with others in that the summer league will either expose Melo or give him a chance to make the Celtics this year.

He was drafted as a "project", but even projects need to show some improvement after one year.  And, this is especially true of guys who were so far behind NBA standards when drafted.

With the Celtics likely to not be as strong as even last year, I think that Melo needs to at least earn a top 12 spot this year or it could be time to move him.  That video last summer when the folding chair collapsed under him may have been his NBA highlight film.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeRizzuto. Show MikeRizzuto's posts

In response to hops29's comment:

C'mon guys lets be real, he has about a 20% chance to ever get out of the D-League.

Does anyone really think he will be any better than Shavlik Randolph??  And do you think that Randolph is any better than a decent 3rd string center?

So if we already have a decent 3rd string center that is fairly young and is already better than this stiff, why waste the pick???

Just like drafting a t-rex armed big man that can't rebound when we are the worst rebounding team in the NBA.

How would you know? Give our kids a chance before you start bashing them!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

Better yet, Danny doesn't intend to use him at center but a PF. That's what I was thinking. With his size and ability to hit the outside jumper he could be somewhat like KG opening up the inside for our wings or center.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/06/27/celtics-trade-with-mavs-draft-gonzaga-center-kelly-olynyk-13th-overall/

Celtics GM Danny Ainge said Thursday night he doesn’t envision the Celtics using Olynyk as a center, but at the power forward position. And while Ainge doesn’t see his latest selection as a star player, he thinks he’ll fit in well with the remaining players on a rebuilding Celtics’ roster.

“He’s a really good complimentary player,” Ainge said Thursday night shortly after the selection. “He’s not a go-to guy, he’s not a star player, but he’s a really good teammate-type player – he compliments other guys.”

C > Humphries? / Iverson / Melo?

PF > Sully / Olynyk / Bass or Evans

SF > Green / Wallace / Joseph

SG > Lee / Bogans / Crawford

PG > Rondo / Bradley / TWill

I think you are right about this. Olynyk is a defensive liability so I think you would see Iverson at center and Oly as pf on the court at the same time. It won't look pretty for a couple of years but could develop into something. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Marsh-Melo is toast ...

I won't shed any tears for the Nets if their 2013-14' season is marred with injuries ... We suffered. let them ... and God speed to our ex-players in healing but let the 2014 pick be worthy!

If KG or PP go down,,our picks will look fan tas tico!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:

Marsh-Melo is toast ...

I won't shed any tears for the Nets if their 2013-14' season is marred with injuries ... We suffered. let them ... and God speed to our ex-players in healing but let the 2014 pick be worthy!

If KG or PP go down,,our picks will look fan tas tico!!!

I understand where you are coming from.  But I just can't wish this on those two.  I hope that they win it all next year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to APpats21's comment:

Obviously not an actual game but he looks promising.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BiytWabiiE

the guy can shoot...

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from postal5. Show postal5's posts

Last year kept my TV on Colton's game just because I got such a kick out of seeing him use his old-school, hard-banging, tenacious rebounding game.  They rebounding really does transfer to the NBA from college.  Colton should move ahead of Melo next week.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

Saw Colton play in collages couple of times. He will become a fan favorite by end of his rookie year. He's a Sully type. Plays hard, learns from his mistakes. Glogs up middle and bangs inside the key. Shot is iffy at best, but reboundes strong. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinnacle10. Show pinnacle10's posts

I feel the same way.  It's hard for me to think of PP and KG as not being Celtics.  As of right now I'm a little bit of a Nets fan because of those two and would love to see them have success.   That'll probably change as soon as I see them in a Nets uniform, but I think as long as they're in the league I'll root for them deep down.

Just like in this year's finals.  I wanted to see SA win it all.  But when Ray Allen hit that 3 to send it into overtime in game 6 I was excited for him.

[/QUOTE]

I understand where you are coming from.  But I just can't wish this on those two.  I hope that they win it all next year.

[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinnacle10. Show pinnacle10's posts

At one point it seemed as if Reggie Evans was going to be included in the Nets trade.  I know he wouldn't be part of the future, but I was excited to have him for the reason you mentioned below.  He's an enforcer tough guy.  Also would have been nice to take him away from the Nets, because outside of Lopez, they don't have much rebounding.

In response to MelWitt's comment:

As long as the guy can bang the boards, rebound and play defense in the paint I'm cool with him....Melo can't really do any of that yet, The C's have NO center right now and no defense in the paint...it's actualy pretty sad, any team can own the paint against them right now...I'D REALLY LIKE US TO HAVE A GUY WHO'S NOT AFRAID TO PUT THE WOOD TO SOMEONE TRYING TO GO DOWN THE MIDDLE...NO LAYUPS!

Sections
Shortcuts