Celtics Acquire Dwight Howard

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Celtics Acquire Dwight Howard

We'd have to not pay anything but rookie/vet min guys to try and make that pipe dream come true... the 28 million is Pierce and Rondo alone.

Ray @ 37 and KG @ 36, even if they stay past '12 (for the vet min or split some 5m MLE $) prob would be too old to appeal to Howard to opt out of 19 million to pair w/ just Rondo and a 35 year old Pierce who will not be an all-star anymore...

It'd be cool tho

I'd rather keep Perk/Baby... sign a bu SF to help us win in '12 like Battier/Prince and since we'll then know we'll have no cap space till 2014 spend this summer peddling Nate/JON exp deals w/ Avery and '12 pick to add another solid starter under or around 30 to try and stay competitive thru 2014, Paul's last year.

I can't say for sure, but I don't see Ray retiring after 2012... KG might tho.. esp with another ring, Reggie played till age 39... Ray can play till 38 and retire with Pierce

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In Response to Celtics Acquire Dwight Howard:
    During the 2012-13 season Dwight Howard has a player option at 19,000,000 per season........at this time the Celtics are only committed to $28,000,000.  I say let Doc play Dwight with our 4 AS's and see what playing Celtic ball is all about and then in the 2012-13 season pull out all the stops to get him.....What do you all think
    Posted by damfuno

Dwight Howard is an outstanding player..but

Perk and Glen pretty much handle Howard at 1/3 to 1/2 the cost(together). Glen also fills in well at the 4. Granted they aren't the offensive threat or the shot blocker Dwight is but they are 10 times the team players. Between Perk and Erden, Glen and maybe JO or Shaq we are set at the 5.

There are other alternatives to a replacement big time center which includes an athletic SF that could play D, score and relieve CPP.

I believe Avery Bradley will (eventually) come around to help shut down those pesky SG types and pick up some 2 scoring duties as well as some pg duties.

In the interim MD is doing pretty well and Von Wafer does good at times....

Nate, if he continues as he did against the LAL will be great going fwd. Play that "D", get inside. and pass that rock. Nate has the talent just needs to concentrate on those things!

Did I go past 12 players? probably.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

Dwight Howard would be an expensive acquisition. For the same money, we can probably keep Perk and BBD. I think the Celts should focus their attention on getting a couple of players who will eventually fill the spots of KG and PP.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Forget it guys - word is out here that he "wants" to play for the lakers with Chris Paul and Carmelo and Kevin Durant!!!!.....:)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics Acquire Dwight Howard:
    Dwight Howard would be an expensive acquisition. For the same money, we can probably keep Perk and BBD. I think the Celts should focus their attention on getting a couple of players who will eventually fill the spots of KG and PP.
    Posted by edcap99

I agree with you and I don't see this ever happening. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Forget it guys - word is out here that he "wants" to play for the lakers with Chris Paul and Carmelo and Kevin Durant!!!!.....:)
    Posted by hedleylamarr

I could see him playing for the Lakers, but how could they sign all of these elite players without making many trades to acquire them all.   I could never see all of these elite players on one team.  I don't believe it would be possible because of the salary cap. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics Acquire Dwight Howard : I could see him playing for the Lakers, but how could they sign all of these elite players without making many trades to acquire them all.   I could never see all of these elite players on one team.  I don't believe it would be possible because of the salary cap. 
    Posted by susan250

Susan - I am totally kidding.......they can't even get Carmelo!!

I could see Howard playing out here, and he has said it.....BUT, they would have to trade Bynum AND he will not play for the MLE, so if they want him, Kupchak will have to pull a couple of all-nighters to make it work like West did with Shaq!!

(it was more a knock on lakers fans who thinks everyone wants to play for them and they can get anyone they want)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics Acquire Dwight Howard : Susan - I am totally kidding.......they can't even get Carmelo!! I could see Howard playing out here, and he has said it.....BUT, they would have to trade Bynum AND he will not play for the MLE, so if they want him, Kupchak will have to pull a couple of all-nighters to make it work like West did with Shaq!! (it was more a knock on lakers fans who thinks everyone wants to play for them and they can get anyone they want)
    Posted by hedleylamarr

It would definitely be a great team though, if it was possible.  If their wasn't a salary cap like in baseball, it would be unfortunate, but some teams would possible have teams like this.  What a great disadvantage this would be for the rest of the league. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn123321. Show rpn123321's posts

Not worth talking about, he isn't coming to Boston except to play against them.

Sections
Shortcuts