Celtics Agree To Sign Vitor Faverani

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: Celtics Agree To Sign Vitor Faverani

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Only way the Celts will look like as if they're tanking is if Rondo doesn't play.

Sorry, but if he's healthy why wouldn't he play, Ainge has never said he wants to trade Rondo.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

i love this signning...if humphries is not on this team..and i think he's not going to be here...faverani might be the starter..he's getting 2mil. a year...that to me is to start. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

In response to chris33's comment:

[QUOTE]

Sorry, my bad.

6'11" 250 lbs

Backup beef.

According to Jeff Garcia of the Spurs, he's slow footed but physical and a blue collar worker unafraid to do the dirty work.

So for Centers we have Randolph, Iverson, Faverini & Melo .... and Danny may be holding out to trade Rondo for Drummond. Odd man out .... Melo?????

[/QUOTE]

Rondo is not going to be traded anywhere. All-star point guards of his quality do not exactly grow on trees. Rondo gets traded away, who plays point guard ? You heard it here from me, Hetch. Rondo stays in Boston. 

Hetch

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Vitor Faverani is a stopgap move.  He's an international player with a little experience, perfect role as a guy who can give them 20 mins. a night while they figure out how to build this roster. 

For those who think this team will be good -- remember, this team played awful last year with a healthy Rondo, KG and PP.  This is a young team and their best PG right now is an undrafted rookie.  All young teams take their lumps in the NBA, even when talented.  I would be shocked if this team is in contention for the playoffs.  Guys like Bass, Wallace, Lee and Humphries will be moved, their presence will only impede the rebuilding process and the development of the younger guys on the roster.  It would be a disservice to the franchise if DA puts a competitive team on the court this year when a number of potential franchise-changing players are going to be in the draft next year.   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

In response to guyfromtex's comment:

I am concerned that Danny Ainge may be putting together too good of a team.

Danny Ainge isn't tanking, they tanked in 06-07' because they were at rock bottom and had to, now they're a modern, young, exciting team with cap space and with players who are valuable as chips.

Whoever insisted they were tanking is either a headline grabber, a troll or a genuine fan who posts with emotion instead of cool logic.

This team doesn't have one superstar, but it will be one the deepest, most talented teams in the NBA from top to bottom and will be skillfully coached as well.  

Ainge will never get enough credit in Boston with Belichick around, but with maybe the best eye for talent in all of basketball, the C's will never be down for long again.

He was one of my favorite players, he's quickly becoming one of my favorite all time Celtic's GMs... and that's a tough assignment when Red is the benchmark.

I always liked Danny. He is smart and not afraid to make moves. He is building for the long term. Be happy Doc is gone. With three of the greatest players he only won one championship.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Will Vitor's presence have an effect on Fab?  Based upon the Globe Staff article, he had serious attitude issues when he first entered the draft and was very raw.  Perhaps a role model/mentor/support for Fab as well.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Interesting article:

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/9503638/vitor-faverani-brings-size-intrigue-boston-celtics

I like the signing.  Judging from the highlights, it looks like he has a good pair of hands.   Wonder why he's only playing 17 minutes a game, though?  That's good production for 17 minutes a game.

12. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts