Celtics and Clippers engage in trade talk (again)?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Re: Celtics and Clippers engage in trade talk (again)?

In response to rameakap's comment:

In response to kyceltic's comment:

What was the guys name Danny drafted ahead of Jordan, he was so bad i can't even remember his name. Now he wants to trade KG for Jordan!  I really like Bledsoe, but Jordan is very average if that. I wouldn't do it, i would give them Pierce for the pair, but not kg!! 

With Bledsoe there is no need for Rondo, trade him for Josh Smith. Also Bledsoe and Bradley are too small to play together, trade Bradley for Redick!!  Starting five. Bledsoe, Redick, Smith, Kg and jordan. Green,Terry, Wilcox, Bass make a very good bench. Don't forget we get Sully back next year. I forgot to include Lee, what a team!! I know, you guys can't believe i'm not a GM.

1. J.R. Giddens, horrible decision

2. Yes KG should have slightly higher value than Pierce right now and Green is ready to step in for him... but the Clippers have 3 SF's and apparently covet KG.

3. Smith wants to play with his buddy and old Oak Hill teammate Rondo, not be traded for him, and the Hawks have a bunch of guards. It would be something like Bass and Green but a 2 for 1 is not wise with so many downed bodies right now.

4. I would take either Bledsoe or Avery over the almost 30 year old Redick, having his best season in a contract year right when the Magic become a bottom 5 team. 22-23 year olds Avery and Bledsoe can 100% play together. Always the problem with 2 small guards is that 1 can't defend a taller SG. Is that an issue for Avery? They would be TERRIFYING together.

To #3, you don't always get what you want, #4 I think it would be an issue, but not as much as the not enough offense issue would be with those two. Redick is 28, i guess that is close to 30. He has 4 more years of his prime years left!!

Redick is vastly overrated and both Bledoe and Avery can score fine. his being a better 3 point shooter is about all he is better at and he is 5-6 years older and looking to get paid more than he is worth past age 30.

Rondo wouldn't be pumped about Atlanta w/o Smith and the Hawks have little need for him.  Smith wouldn't want to be in Boston w/o Rondo. Yes you can't always get what you want... but when you are an unrestricted free agent you can go where you want to be, and Boston would risk losing Smith in 4 months.

I agree with the Atlanta doesn't need Rondo part. I don't think Smith would leave if that team was assembled!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

What was the guys name Danny drafted ahead of Jordan, he was so bad i can't even remember his name. Now he wants to trade KG for Jordan!  I really like Bledsoe, but Jordan is very average if that. I wouldn't do it, i would give them Pierce for the pair, but not kg!! 

With Bledsoe there is no need for Rondo, trade him for Josh Smith. Also Bledsoe and Bradley are too small to play together, trade Bradley for Redick!!  Starting five. Bledsoe, Redick, Smith, Kg and jordan. Green,Terry, Wilcox, Bass make a very good bench. Don't forget we get Sully back next year. I forgot to include Lee, what a team!! I know, you guys can't believe i'm not a GM.

1. J.R. Giddens, horrible decision

2. Yes KG should have slightly higher value than Pierce right now and Green is ready to step in for him... but the Clippers have 3 SF's and apparently covet KG.

3. Smith wants to play with his buddy and old Oak Hill teammate Rondo, not be traded for him, and the Hawks have a bunch of guards. It would be something like Bass and Green but a 2 for 1 is not wise with so many downed bodies right now.

4. I would take either Bledsoe or Avery over the almost 30 year old Redick, having his best season in a contract year right when the Magic become a bottom 5 team. 22-23 year olds Avery and Bledsoe can 100% play together. Always the problem with 2 small guards is that 1 can't defend a taller SG. Is that an issue for Avery? They would be TERRIFYING together.

To #3, you don't always get what you want, #4 I think it would be an issue, but not as much as the not enough offense issue would be with those two. Redick is 28, i guess that is close to 30. He has 4 more years of his prime years left!!

Redick is vastly overrated and both Bledoe and Avery can score fine. his being a better 3 point shooter is about all he is better at and he is 5-6 years older and looking to get paid more than he is worth past age 30.

Rondo wouldn't be pumped about Atlanta w/o Smith and the Hawks have little need for him.  Smith wouldn't want to be in Boston w/o Rondo. Yes you can't always get what you want... but when you are an unrestricted free agent you can go where you want to be, and Boston would risk losing Smith in 4 months.

I agree with the Atlanta doesn't need Rondo part. I don't think Smith would leave if that team was assembled!!

Yeah, since the C's would be in a position to offer him more money I doubt he would leave, even if he doesn't get to play with buddies Rondo or Dwight anymore. They would need to add another guard or find a way to get Teague or Lou Williams in the move for like Melo and a pick. Still don't see why Atlanta would do it. 

Before Rondo got hurt I suggested the C's trade him and Bass for Al Horford and Devin Harris or Lou Williams.

If they went with Williams then Rondo, Teague and Bass would've been like the only guys under contract in Atlanta next season and the Hawks would've had 30-35 million in cap space to try and get Josh Smith and Howard to join forces with Rondo.

And obviously this team played so well w/o Rondo that its not hard to see how much better it would be with Horford and Williams over Bass and Barbosa in the rotation we'd used since Rondo went down. Add in Sully and an MLE guy next year and that would be a dangerous team.

But it looks like Atlanta is more interested in moving Smith and that Howard doesn't want to play in his home state. Too bad, those Hawks would be like the 07-10 Cavs only better with Howard treated like hero the way local Akron kid LeBron was.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

For those that say Bledsoe is not very good...take a look what he did to us recently...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu_QUCeiau8&feature=player_detailpage

This guy was doing what he wanted, when he wanted...

Looks like Rondo with a three pt shot...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24XzrEqsbKQ

something tells me if we make this deal...and trade rondo we will be saying

Rondo who?.(not to mention what we get for Rondo).This guy will be a fan favorite in no time...just plays hard...

EB,AB, and Lee would be a lethal combination...Jordan is icing on the cake...

Do it Danny, before Clipps get cold feet....

We miss out of the playoffs this years, get a higher pick, and reload for next year...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:

Rondo who?.(not to mention what we get for Rondo).This guy will be a fan favorite in no time...just plays hard...

We miss out of the playoffs this years, get a higher pick, and reload for next year...

Ortiz - thanks for the links! The bottom half of the EC is weak! I think the Cs still make the playoffs if they make this trade! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:

Agree, even if he can't hit FT's Jordan can board, block and catch oops from Bledsoe and others. He, Lee and Avery would terrorize teams in the backcourt, they are 22-23 years old (and Lee is only 26 and signed to a fair contract).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Opposing teams respect only Pierce and Garnett and go at every other player (Green's coming along though).  Trading the guts, the character, and the intensity of the Celtics for guys like Jordan makes zero sense.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to painter's comment:

Opposing teams respect only Pierce and Garnett and go at every other player (Green's coming along though).  Trading the guts, the character, and the intensity of the Celtics for guys like Jordan makes zero sense.

OK ..... so no trades, and we watch them both walk away (C's exercise option on PP and KG possibly retires) this summer with no compensation! 

This may be the way things play out, it will be interesting to see what DA does the next few days!