Celtics and Clippers in exploratory trade talks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from James37. Show James37's posts

Celtics and Clippers in exploratory trade talks

Celtics and Clippers in exploratory trade talks for a KG and Bledsoe swap. Yes, I know KG has a no trade clause but he resides in Cali and would be going to a contender. I'd be sad to see KG go but I'll get over it and happy to see bledsoe in a celtics uniform. I like the idea of getting a rondo back up plan (Just in case hes never the same again) and actually having a young healthy promising talented player on the team we can use as trade bait that other teams want.http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2013/02/clippers-celtics-engaged-in-kevin-garnett-talks.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Celtics and Clippers in exploratory trade talks

Kg is the only decent big we have.

that makes no sense at all.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from James37. Show James37's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to James37's comment:

Celtics and Clippers in exploratory trade talks for a KG and Bledsoe swap. Yes, I know KG has a no trade clause but he resides in Cali and would be going to a contender. I'd be sad to see KG go but I'll get over it and happy to see bledsoe in a celtics uniform. I like the idea of getting a rondo back up plan (Just in case hes never the same again) and actually having a young healthy promising talented player on the team we can use as trade bait that other teams want.http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2013/02/clippers-celtics-engaged-in-kevin-garnett-talks.html

What are you on SON ??????  Thats not going to happen.......... 

Assuming we can starve off a rejuvenated raptors squad for the 8th seed; we are getting swept in the 1st round. Why not cash in on our vets now and get some promising young talent? KG and Pierce best case will last 1 more season.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from James37. Show James37's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

this team is boring and they suck. Im celtic pride all day and will always be but we have NO promising young talent. Bradley, Rondo and Sullinger may NEVER be the same again or live up to their true potential. We need to be strategic and realistic. I get theres an emotional attachment to players but theres also an emotional attachment to winning; we are not going to win anything with that crew as presently constructed. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

the clipps have nothing we need.  including 42% ft shooting deanderthal jordan- overrated turkey.  PASS on that trade, any trade with the clipps

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

this team is boring and they suck. Im celtic pride all day and will always be but we have NO promising young talent. Bradley, Rondo and Sullinger may NEVER be the same again or live up to their true potential. We need to be strategic and realistic. I get theres an emotional attachment to players but theres also an emotional attachment to winning; we are not going to win anything with that crew as presently constructed. 

I agree actually.

Just saying if KG is moved then Ainge needs another big.

a front line of Collins and Bass isn't gonna cut it even if the Celtics are tanking.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Richard1965. Show Richard1965's posts

Wow...if this happens its submarine time in Celtics land.  This might be a good long term decision, but certainly not something I like to see happen.  Its kinda like selling your old prized horse to the dog food plant.  Seems wrong on a lot of levels.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

this will never happen...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

I want to KG and Pierce go out as Celtics. All we need is a big with a post up game. Danny needs to call Utah and ask what it takes to get Big Al. If we get his post up game, this is make up for the droughts in scoring like today against the Clippers.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:

this will never happen...

i certainly hope not.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Amen.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Another PG?  Why?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I agree actually.

a front line of Collins and Bass isn't gonna cut it even if the Celtics are tanking.

The current crew without KG would be the worst team in the league.  The idea Caron Bulter and Bledsoe change anything significantly is a joke. KG is the heart and soul of the Celtics the only way is to keep him around and hope he will rub off on others and not get injured.

KG is in need of another big man here and must stay. I am sure this all nonsense talk.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

I agree actually.

The current crew without KG would be the worst team in the league.  The idea Caron Bulter and Bledsoe change anything significantly is a joke. KG is the heart and soul of the Celtics the only way is to keep him around and hope he will rub off on others and not get injured.

KG is in need of another big man here and must stay. I am sure this all nonsense talk.

NO WAY! Only trade that makes sense is PP and BB for a legit big, ie. Jordan or Cousins....Other than that, no dice.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Unless there is a whole lot more teams, picks and pieces, no way !!!! A trade like this would send this franchise into the dark ages. Butler and Bledsoe for KG ?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from James37. Show James37's posts

I agree actually.

This team is terrible. I wouldnt trust them with a 30 point lead against with my grandmother as the starting center. They cant event win 4 out of 7 games in the regular season, how on earth do you expect them to win a 7 game playoff series. Worst team in the NBA or 8th or 9th best team in the east still means you suck and are not winning a title. Time to rebuild, this team has NO future.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

I agree actually.

This team is terrible. I wouldnt trust them with a 30 point lead against with my grandmother as the starting center. They cant event win 4 out of 7 games in the regular season, how on earth do you expect them to win a 7 game playoff series. Worst team in the NBA or 8th or 9th best team in the east still means you suck and are not winning a title. Time to rebuild, this team has NO future.

Check yourself, James....They just won 4 in a row! That would be 4 out of 4, man.....That's better than your 4 out of 7 complaint already....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

If it was Pierce for Bledsoe and Butler, i would do it, but only if Ainge then traded Rondo for a big and i'm not talking about Jordan, who you can't even play in the 4th because he can't hit a free throw!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from James37. Show James37's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

I agree actually.

Check yourself, James....They just won 4 in a row! That would be 4 out of 4, man.....That's better than your 4 out of 7 complaint already....

Lets see how their legs hold on..Have you not watched this team this entire season? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

I agree actually.

Lets see how their legs hold on..Have you not watched this team this entire season? 

I've watched this team nearly every game since 1972! I've seen all but three games this season. With the sharing of the ball that they are displaying, and the much more sound fundamentals that the group is playing with, and the integration of the youger players, i.e. 50+ points by the bench today, I believe we are trending up. If we can secure that BIG, for say any combo of BB, PP, JT...we got a fighting chance to make a run. I think RR's injury could change his over-the-top ball tactics and get him under control to be more of an effective TEAM player moving forward. But, yes, I have watched a little, I guess you could say.....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

This should not be called exploratory.  It is a low ball offer by the Clippers.  Did Ainge just laugh and immediately hang up the phone?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

Unless there is a whole lot more teams, picks and pieces, no way !!!! A trade like this would send this franchise into the dark ages. Butler and Bledsoe for KG ?

Probably something more to this...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I agree actually.

Wow and you think getting rid of Garnett for Bledsoe and Butler would change anything but for the worse around here.  It would be lottery time. Maybe that is what you want.  Garnett is the heart and soul of the this team.  He leaves this team is in the stone age.

Sections
Shortcuts