Celtics and Clippers in exploratory trade talks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Re: Celtics and Clippers in exploratory trade talks

In response to kyceltic's comment:

If it was Pierce for Bledsoe and Butler, i would do it, but only if Ainge then traded Rondo for a big and i'm not talking about Jordan, who you can't even play in the 4th because he can't hit a free throw!!

This is the same guy that Ainge supposedly missed big time...

Now he is just another big...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Wow! If it does happen, I speculate there will be an additional complimentary trade! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to James37's comment:

In response to RallyC's comment:

In response to concord27's comment:

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

Kg is the only decent big we have.

that makes no sense at all.

this team is boring and they suck. Im celtic pride all day and will always be but we have NO promising young talent. Bradley, Rondo and Sullinger may NEVER be the same again or live up to their true potential. We need to be strategic and realistic. I get theres an emotional attachment to players but theres also an emotional attachment to winning; we are not going to win anything with that crew as presently constructed. 

I agree actually.

Just saying if KG is moved then Ainge needs another big.

a front line of Collins and Bass isn't gonna cut it even if the Celtics are tanking.

The current crew without KG would be the worst team in the league.  The idea Caron Bulter and Bledsoe change anything significantly is a joke. KG is the heart and soul of the Celtics the only way is to keep him around and hope he will rub off on others and not get injured.

KG is in need of another big man here and must stay. I am sure this all nonsense talk.

This team is terrible. I wouldnt trust them with a 30 point lead against with my grandmother as the starting center. They cant event win 4 out of 7 games in the regular season, how on earth do you expect them to win a 7 game playoff series. Worst team in the NBA or 8th or 9th best team in the east still means you suck and are not winning a title. Time to rebuild, this team has NO future.

Check yourself, James....They just won 4 in a row! That would be 4 out of 4, man.....That's better than your 4 out of 7 complaint already....

Lets see how their legs hold on..Have you not watched this team this entire season? 

Yeah i left at halftime..came back and wowwowwow

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

Wow! If it does happen, I speculate there will be an additional complimentary trade! 

has to be..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

KG would never go for it....KG loves the celtics it's the only reason he came back...he would retire rather than play for the clips of any other team...that's just KG.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

If Bledsoe is traded for, Rondo will be gone soon after!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Dumb article. Dumb idea.  Forget trading Garnett.  Ain't gonna happen even if Danny wanted to pull the trigger which he doesn't.  Garnett would not allow it.  Would make the Celtics worse not better.

Trading Pierce for Gasol, however, would benefit and improve both teams.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from James37. Show James37's posts

this team is boring and they suck. Im celtic pride all day and will always be but we have NO promising young talent. Bradley, Rondo and Sullinger may NEVER be the same again or live up to their true potential. We need to be strategic and realistic. I get theres an emotional attachment to players but theres also an emotional attachment to winning; we are not going to win anything with that crew as presently constructed. 

I agree actually.

a front line of Collins and Bass isn't gonna cut it even if the Celtics are tanking.

The current crew without KG would be the worst team in the league.  The idea Caron Bulter and Bledsoe change anything significantly is a joke. KG is the heart and soul of the Celtics the only way is to keep him around and hope he will rub off on others and not get injured.

KG is in need of another big man here and must stay. I am sure this all nonsense talk.

This team is terrible. I wouldnt trust them with a 30 point lead against with my grandmother as the starting center. They cant event win 4 out of 7 games in the regular season, how on earth do you expect them to win a 7 game playoff series. Worst team in the NBA or 8th or 9th best team in the east still means you suck and are not winning a title. Time to rebuild, this team has NO future.

Wow and you think getting rid of Garnett for Bledsoe and Butler would change anything but for the worse around here.  It would be lottery time. Maybe that is what you want.  Garnett is the heart and soul of the this team.  He leaves this team is in the stone age.

Like I said..the odds of us fighting off a younger and rejuvenated raptors for the 8th playoff spot are very very slim..Top of the lottery or back end of the lottery is still LOTTERY. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from James37. Show James37's posts

I'm fine with shipping rondo out if we land bledsoe and a big like DMC. But I still love rondo..Got to give up talent to get it back.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Like I said..the odds of us fighting off a younger and rejuvenated raptors for the 8th playoff spot are very very slim..Top of the lottery or back end of the lottery is still LOTTERY. 

What you say makes no sense if you are talking about this season.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

It makes a lot of sense. Plus trade Rondo for a center and we are a great team again. Rondo needs to go. We are a much better, faster, more defense oriented team without him. Have you noticed the last four games without Rondo???

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Dumb article. Dumb idea.  Forget trading Garnett.  Ain't gonna happen even if Danny wanted to pull the trigger which he doesn't.  Garnett would not allow it.  Would make the Celtics worse not better.

Trading Pierce for Gasol, however, would benefit and improve both teams.

Not so sure, KG would go home (home in Malibu) and play for a title with good friend C. Billups! 

It would also help the C's long term! The next 2-weeks will be interesting!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

I agree! I also think PP will want out (another shot at a title)! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I'm fine with shipping rondo out if we land bledsoe and a big like DMC. But I still love rondo..Got to give up talent to get it back.

A TEAM OF MORONS YOU ARE WISHING FOR.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from James37. Show James37's posts

In response to scubber's comment:

Please exlain your logic? I made a rationale argument. If the trade is on the table take it because we need a rondo back up plan and it would be nice to have a young promising talent that other teams want. Lastly, I said this team as presently constructed is not going to win a championship so I dont mind trading for assets.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtic213. Show celtic213's posts

I agree actually.

Wow and you think getting rid of Garnett for Bledsoe and Butler would change anything but for the worse around here.  It would be lottery time. Maybe that is what you want.  Garnett is the heart and soul of the this team.  He leaves this team is in the stone age.

Where 7 1/2 games ahead of the Raptors. What are you talking about are odds are very very slim?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtic213. Show celtic213's posts

You mean the odds of the Raptors catching us are very very slim. Right?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

If the trade is Bledsoe and Butler for KG, then I would do that trade.  I know we won't have any bigs then, but that doesn't matter because this team is a first round and out team with KG and maybe a lottery team without KG.  If we get Bledsoe then that frees us up to spin Rondo for a quality, young big.  I think its a good move for rebuilding.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Please exlain your logic? I made a rationale argument. If the trade is on the table take it because we need a rondo back up plan and it would be nice to have a young promising talent that other teams want. Lastly, I said this team as presently constructed is not going to win a championship so I dont mind trading for assets.

Look at the standing and look at how many games left.  Toronto has to have an amazing record for the rest of the way, better than any team in the league and at the same time the Celtics has to play around or worse than .500 for Toronto to have a chance.  Are you really that clueless?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

I agree actually.

What do you mean a "rejuvenated raptors" solely because they add Rudy Gay?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from James37. Show James37's posts

A TEAM OF MORONS YOU ARE WISHING FOR.

Id rather watch what you consider a team of morons then the inconsistent supporting cast we currently have. But honestly I'd watch any player as long as they have on a celtic uniform. 

I need you to understand its about building assets, its about making a strategic move. Please take your fan had off for ten seconds and think strategically. You cannot win in the NBA without stars. We cannot get stars without tanking or acquiring assets (We aren't ever getting any free agents in their prime). I am simply saying if we can get assets then why not (out best option to getting a star). Especially with Rondo out, we can see what kind of potential the assets really have along with seeing what we have in green and bradley (who will need to go if theu cant produce).

Outside of pierce, KG  and rondo - no one on the team has any real tarde value. We dont have any real assets, instead we have injury plaugued players who may never reach their potential if they can't stay healthy. You cant get nba assets with nba liabilities.

Without a trade this team will be stuck in the abyss we call mediocrity for the next decade.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtic213. Show celtic213's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

If the trade is Bledsoe and Butler for KG, then I would do that trade.  I know we won't have any bigs then, but that doesn't matter because this team is a first round and out team with KG and maybe a lottery team without KG.  If we get Bledsoe then that frees us up to spin Rondo for a quality, young big.  I think its a good move for rebuilding.

I'd rather keep KG but if this trade happens I'm ok with it as long as they trade Pierce too.  If your going to trade KG for rebuilding I'm ok with that but then it makes no sense to keep Pierce. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from James37. Show James37's posts

Look at the standing and look at how many games left.  Toronto has to have an amazing record for the rest of the way, better than any team in the league and at the same time the Celtics has to play around or worse than .500 for Toronto to have a chance.  Are you really that clueless?

This team will not stay above .500 if larry bird was walking through the door! Lets talk at the end of the season when we are counting ping pong balls or get swept in the first round.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

This team will not stay above .500 if larry bird was walking through the door! Lets talk at the end of the season when we are counting ping pong balls or get swept in the first round.

Don't change the goal post, you said we had no chance against Toronto, that statement is what I refute.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from James37. Show James37's posts

In response to celtic213's comment:

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

I'd rather keep KG but if this trade happens I'm ok with it as long as they trade Pierce too.  If your going to trade KG for rebuilding I'm ok with that but then it makes no sense to keep Pierce. 

I agree. Get bledsoe and ship rondo out for a star. Send Pierce to golden state for harrison barnes.  Then lets count ping pong balls and hope we strike gold. Whether people want to admit it or not we need to start this rebuilding process. Rondo who will always be my fav player would NEVER stick around on a bad team (like pierce did) so if we get bledsoe im fine with saying bye to him.

Sections
Shortcuts