Celtics and Clippers in exploratory trade talks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtic213. Show celtic213's posts

Re: Celtics and Clippers in exploratory trade talks

In response to James37's comment:

In response to concord27's comment:

In response to kyceltic's comment:

In response to BCSP's comment:

Wow! If it does happen, I speculate there will be an additional complimentary trade! 

If Bledsoe is traded for, Rondo will be gone soon after!!

I'm fine with shipping rondo out if we land bledsoe and a big like DMC. But I still love rondo..Got to give up talent to get it back.

A TEAM OF MORONS YOU ARE WISHING FOR.

Id rather watch what you consider a team of morons then the inconsistent supporting cast we currently have. But honestly I'd watch any player as long as they have on a celtic uniform. 

I need you to understand its about building assets, its about making a strategic move. Please take your fan had off for ten seconds and think strategically. You cannot win in the NBA without stars. We cannot get stars without tanking or acquiring assets (We aren't ever getting any free agents in their prime). I am simply saying if we can get assets then why not (out best option to getting a star). Especially with Rondo out, we can see what kind of potential the assets really have along with seeing what we have in green and bradley (who will need to go if theu cant produce).

Outside of pierce, KG  and rondo - no one on the team has any real tarde value. We dont have any real assets, instead we have injury plaugued players who may never reach their potential if they can't stay healthy. You cant get nba assets with nba liabilities.

Without a trade this team will be stuck in the abyss we call mediocrity for the next decade.

Have you been watching the celtics lately? They have won 4 in a row, but you claim we have a bunch of liabilities? I don't know what your watching but Lee Bradley Green Terry Barbosa...yeah I'm not sure I'd call them liabilities.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from James37. Show James37's posts

In response to scubber's comment:

Like I said..the odds of us fighting off a younger and rejuvenated raptors for the 8th playoff spot are very very slim..Top of the lottery or back end of the lottery is still LOTTERY. 

What you say makes no sense if you are talking about this season.

Please exlain your logic? I made a rationale argument. If the trade is on the table take it because we need a rondo back up plan and it would be nice to have a young promising talent that other teams want. Lastly, I said this team as presently constructed is not going to win a championship so I dont mind trading for assets.

Look at the standing and look at how many games left.  Toronto has to have an amazing record for the rest of the way, better than any team in the league and at the same time the Celtics has to play around or worse than .500 for Toronto to have a chance.  Are you really that clueless?

This team will not stay above .500 if larry bird was walking through the door! Lets talk at the end of the season when we are counting ping pong balls or get swept in the first round.

Don't change the goal post, you said we had no chance against Toronto, that statement is what I refute.

If you are going to hold me to my statements, please quote me correctly. I said the odds of us holding off a younger rejuvenated raptors team is very slim. I stand by that statement. That does not mean we have no chance, they are just simply two different statements. But since we are talking about probability lets talk about how the celtics as presently constructed have NO chance to win a title. They will run out of gas in the 1st round and thats best case scenario. Sorry I'm a realist.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

I don't want to say you guys are out to lunch but rebuilding is difficult in general.  It does not take overnight, or half a year or whatever time frame we have this year.  Next year draft does not even look great, trading KG or PP now to a contender, what are we going to get back?  No bad teams are going to trade for these old players.  We maybe bad but I don't think there is anyone scary in the east except maybe the Heat.  I say keep competing and let the chips fall where they may.  There is no rush to rebuild right now, after the season, maybe.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Like I said..the odds of us fighting off a younger and rejuvenated raptors for the 8th playoff spot are very very slim..Top of the lottery or back end of the lottery is still LOTTERY. 

Please exlain your logic? I made a rationale argument. If the trade is on the table take it because we need a rondo back up plan and it would be nice to have a young promising talent that other teams want. Lastly, I said this team as presently constructed is not going to win a championship so I dont mind trading for assets.

Look at the standing and look at how many games left.  Toronto has to have an amazing record for the rest of the way, better than any team in the league and at the same time the Celtics has to play around or worse than .500 for Toronto to have a chance.  Are you really that clueless?

This team will not stay above .500 if larry bird was walking through the door! Lets talk at the end of the season when we are counting ping pong balls or get swept in the first round.

Don't change the goal post, you said we had no chance against Toronto, that statement is what I refute.

If you are going to hold me to my statements, please quote me correctly. I said the odds of us holding off a younger rejuvenated raptors team is very slim. I stand by that statement. That does not mean we have no chance, they are just simply two different statements. But since we are talking about probability lets talk about how the celtics as presently constructed have NO chance to win a title. They will run out of gas in the 1st round and thats best case scenario. Sorry I'm a realist.

No chance, very slim, what is the difference?  Wow.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from James37. Show James37's posts

In response to celtic213's comment:

In response to concord27's comment:

In response to kyceltic's comment:

In response to BCSP's comment:

Wow! If it does happen, I speculate there will be an additional complimentary trade! 

If Bledsoe is traded for, Rondo will be gone soon after!!

I'm fine with shipping rondo out if we land bledsoe and a big like DMC. But I still love rondo..Got to give up talent to get it back.

A TEAM OF MORONS YOU ARE WISHING FOR.

Id rather watch what you consider a team of morons then the inconsistent supporting cast we currently have. But honestly I'd watch any player as long as they have on a celtic uniform. 

I need you to understand its about building assets, its about making a strategic move. Please take your fan had off for ten seconds and think strategically. You cannot win in the NBA without stars. We cannot get stars without tanking or acquiring assets (We aren't ever getting any free agents in their prime). I am simply saying if we can get assets then why not (out best option to getting a star). Especially with Rondo out, we can see what kind of potential the assets really have along with seeing what we have in green and bradley (who will need to go if theu cant produce).

Outside of pierce, KG  and rondo - no one on the team has any real tarde value. We dont have any real assets, instead we have injury plaugued players who may never reach their potential if they can't stay healthy. You cant get nba assets with nba liabilities.

Without a trade this team will be stuck in the abyss we call mediocrity for the next decade.

Have you been watching the celtics lately? They have won 4 in a row, but you claim we have a bunch of liabilities? I don't know what your watching but Lee Bradley Green Terry Barbosa...yeah I'm not sure I'd call them liabilities.

i dont know if there is something in the water but you guys are simply over valuing our players. 4 games does not erase the inconsistency they have all displayed this season. For Green's height he should have more rebounds. Bradleys cannot create his own offesne. Terry is not worth a full mid level. Both Lee and Bradley have terrible handle with the ball. Barbosa I think is a good spark off the bench.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from James37. Show James37's posts

One implies absolute certainty and the other doesnt.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

OK, very slim chance we have to make the playoff against the Toronto, that is complete bonkers kind of statement?  Happy now?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtic213. Show celtic213's posts

Yeah to say holding of the Raptors is very slim when we are 7 1/2 games ahead of them is insane. This team might not be one and done in the playoffs the East is terrible other than the heat if we can get some rebounding help and get the 7th seed we can beat anybody.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

the clipps have nothing we need.  including 42% ft shooting deanderthal jordan- overrated turkey.  PASS on that trade, any trade with the clipps

Deanderthal Jordan....hahahhahahhahhaaaa

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from James37. Show James37's posts

OK, very slim chance we have to make the playoff against the Toronto, that is complete bonkers kind of statement?  Happy now?

lol yes!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from James37. Show James37's posts

Yeah to say holding of the Raptors is very slim when we are 7 1/2 games ahead of them is insane. This team might not be one and done in the playoffs the East is terrible other than the heat if we can get some rebounding help and get the 7th seed we can beat anybody.

Lets re-visit this convo if they opt to make no moves...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

There is a better chance that the Celtics catch the Knicks than the Raptors catch the Celtics. Very unlikely that happens.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

The only way Ainge should trade Garnett is if he gets draft picks in return - first round picks - two of them.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

There is a better chance that the Celtics catch the Knicks than the Raptors catch the Celtics. Very unlikely that happens.

Very unlikely?  That is not the same as very slim.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Celtics and Clippers in exploratory trade talks for a KG and Bledsoe swap. Yes, I know KG has a no trade clause but he resides in Cali and would be going to a contender. I'd be sad to see KG go but I'll get over it and happy to see bledsoe in a celtics uniform. I like the idea of getting a rondo back up plan (Just in case hes never the same again) and actually having a young healthy promising talented player on the team we can use as trade bait that other teams want.http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2013/02/clippers-celtics-engaged-in-kevin-garnett-talks.html

What are you on SON ??????  Thats not going to happen.......... 

Assuming we can starve off a rejuvenated raptors squad for the 8th seed; we are getting swept in the 1st round. Why not cash in on our vets now and get some promising young talent? KG and Pierce best case will last 1 more season.   

I heard this same crap last year.  First we wouldn't make the playoffs, over and over again. Then we would lose the first round,  not-  then we would lose the second round- not,, within minutes of the finals, and I think another championship.  You guys jump off the ship again this year,  we will be happy for you to come back during our run.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:

The only way Ainge should trade Garnett is if he gets draft picks in return - first round picks - two of them.

and one has to be high..under 14 or so...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I just think the odds are against us...and the injury /rate is getting higher..a point of diminishing returns....time to get youth and picks....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Plus if KG/Pierce goes to Clipper land, I get to see him play more...and I get to see my C's rebuild for the future...

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

lol yes!

James let me address what you seem to not get about what I am saying.  Garnett in a trade that would bring Butler and Bledsoe is really nothing. Garnett brings intangible skills and leadership up front when they have no one else.

Bringing in DMC or Bledsoe or whoever else will bring a new culture of player not influenced by the previous group.  Without Garnett we would very likely be one of the worst teams in the league. Who will lead next year, Rondo or Bledsoe you have to be kidding. None of these guys are the superstar you say this team needs.  

Blowing it up is impossible as the the best chits we have are Rondo, Sullinger and possibly Green are not really tradeable (except for Green his salary is a problem).  The Celtics will never trade Pierce and Garnett this year when it comes down to it as the value of the team will plummet. Grousbeck is a money hound of the highest order, he want to possibly sell the team to the highest bidder.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to Ortiz123's comment:

I just think the odds are against us...and the injury /rate is getting higher..a point of diminishing returns....time to get youth and picks....

I think Ainge will blow it up if after 7 games if the Celts are just a .500 team or worse.

Fierce I don't think he will because he cannot make the moves he wants due to the injuries of Rondo and Sullinger. You have correctly talked about the economics of Garnett and Pierce before and without them around and no Rondo they will see empty seats.   Plus look at the paltry offerings we get back for them.  There is no guarantee how many bad years will come with players like Butler(33) and Bledsoe who are good but hardly game changing players.  Forget about it we need a big for KG and we need to go out and get one.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to Ortiz123's comment:

I think Ainge will blow it up if after 7 games if the Celts are just a .500 team or worse.

What if it is 2-3 games over .500 after the long road trips?

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

how is Bledsoe a Rondo back up plan if Bledsoe is a free agent after the season?