Celtics and Clippers in exploratory trade talks

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Re: Celtics and Clippers in exploratory trade talks

In response to celtic213's comment:

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

If the trade is Bledsoe and Butler for KG, then I would do that trade.  I know we won't have any bigs then, but that doesn't matter because this team is a first round and out team with KG and maybe a lottery team without KG.  If we get Bledsoe then that frees us up to spin Rondo for a quality, young big.  I think its a good move for rebuilding.

I'd rather keep KG but if this trade happens I'm ok with it as long as they trade Pierce too.  If your going to trade KG for rebuilding I'm ok with that but then it makes no sense to keep Pierce. 

Right.  If they make this trade, it has to be the start of a total rebuild.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Theres no rebuilding unless we have a bonafide star or two on the roster... unless Doc and DA think Rondo can carry the load in the future.. which would mean we're not gonna be contenders for at least a long time

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

a retard3d proposal by the clip --- next!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to concord27's comment:

Fierce I don't think he will because he cannot make the moves he wants due to the injuries of Rondo and Sullinger. You have correctly talked about the economics of Garnett and Pierce before and without them around and no Rondo they will see empty seats.   Plus look at the paltry offerings we get back for them.  There is no guarantee how many bad years will come with players like Butler(33) and Bledsoe who are good but hardly game changing players.  Forget about it we need a big for KG and we need to go out and get one.

I don't like the KG for Bledsoe and Butler trade. The Celts can do better.

But I don't think KG will get traded. There's a bigger chance Pierce gets traded than KG.

If the Celts end up with a record of 28-26, or better, by the trade deadline, I think Ainge will just make a minor change. 

The only way Ainge blows this team up is it will have a losing record by the trade deadline. 

And you are correct, people will pay to see KG and Pierce in the playoffs. So if the Celts are in the playoff hunt, it's unlikely Ainge blows up the team.

There's no doubt in my mind that we'll be in the playoff hunt.

I don't think there will be a major change.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Exactly what is the site of the exploration?  I have a feeling it's where the sun doesn't shine.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Misleading headline...the real news reports are that the Clips contacted the Celts, nothing about the Celtics responding (open the link and you'll see that). Yes, the Clippers are "exploring" the availability of KG, but there is no mention that the Celtics are "talking back".  I don't do the internet police thing that much (usually just ignore stuff), but this post was quite misleading in the headline.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

This trade is stupid unless we are giving up this year. Also why would we trade our only real big and not get one in return?  Silly.    I could kind of see PP for these guys.  If I were trading for Bledsoe then I would be looking to move RR.  Wonder how much interest you can get for a injured player?   Take away Rondo's atheletic ability from a knee injury and what do you have left?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from James37. Show James37's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

In response to James37's comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Celtics and Clippers in exploratory trade talks for a KG and Bledsoe swap. Yes, I know KG has a no trade clause but he resides in Cali and would be going to a contender. I'd be sad to see KG go but I'll get over it and happy to see bledsoe in a celtics uniform. I like the idea of getting a rondo back up plan (Just in case hes never the same again) and actually having a young healthy promising talented player on the team we can use as trade bait that other teams want.http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2013/02/clippers-celtics-engaged-in-kevin-garnett-talks.html

What are you on SON ??????  Thats not going to happen.......... 

Assuming we can starve off a rejuvenated raptors squad for the 8th seed; we are getting swept in the 1st round. Why not cash in on our vets now and get some promising young talent? KG and Pierce best case will last 1 more season.   

I heard this same crap last year.  First we wouldn't make the playoffs, over and over again. Then we would lose the first round,  not-  then we would lose the second round- not,, within minutes of the finals, and I think another championship.  You guys jump off the ship again this year,  we will be happy for you to come back during our run.

No one is jumping on or off the bandwagon over here..I am a celtics fan and want the team to do well. I just think we need to start rebuilding.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from James37. Show James37's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to Ortiz123's comment:

In response to celtic213's comment:

Yeah to say holding of the Raptors is very slim when we are 7 1/2 games ahead of them is insane. This team might not be one and done in the playoffs the East is terrible other than the heat if we can get some rebounding help and get the 7th seed we can beat anybody.

I just think the odds are against us...and the injury /rate is getting higher..a point of diminishing returns....time to get youth and picks....

I think Ainge will blow it up if after 7 games if the Celts are just a .500 team or worse.

Fierce I don't think he will because he cannot make the moves he wants due to the injuries of Rondo and Sullinger. You have correctly talked about the economics of Garnett and Pierce before and without them around and no Rondo they will see empty seats.   Plus look at the paltry offerings we get back for them.  There is no guarantee how many bad years will come with players like Butler(33) and Bledsoe who are good but hardly game changing players.  Forget about it we need a big for KG and we need to go out and get one.

Very sound argument. I like your points. But doing nothing will put us in a hole once Pierce and KG retire. Think about the value of the franchise when we are in ther lottery for 5-10 straight years.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from James37. Show James37's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

In response to scubber's comment:

Like I said..the odds of us fighting off a younger and rejuvenated raptors for the 8th playoff spot are very very slim..Top of the lottery or back end of the lottery is still LOTTERY. 

What you say makes no sense if you are talking about this season.

Please exlain your logic? I made a rationale argument. If the trade is on the table take it because we need a rondo back up plan and it would be nice to have a young promising talent that other teams want. Lastly, I said this team as presently constructed is not going to win a championship so I dont mind trading for assets.

how is Bledsoe a Rondo back up plan if Bledsoe is a free agent after the season?

Isnt he a restricted FA? We could extend Bledsoe and trade him or rondo next year. (I love rondo im just stating my logic).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Heck trade them Jeff Green for Bledsoe and Butler.  Throw in a second round pick or Collins.  Or maybe even Wilcox if Doc isn't going to play him.  I like that much better. A couple good years or more of Butler.  Bledsoe good young talent.  I know it isn't going to happen, but neither is KG deal.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

[/QUOTE]

well then just trade Garnett and Pierce to the Clippers for D. Jordan,C. Butler, E. Bledsoe (they have to throw in Odom and his expiring contract to work cap wise , I think).

then we'd certainly be rebuilding!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to kdp59's comment:

well then just trade Garnett and Pierce to the Clippers for D. Jordan,C. Butler, E. Bledsoe (they have to throw in Odom and his expiring contract to work cap wise , I think).

then we'd certainly be rebuilding!!!

[/QUOTE]

I might could go for that,  especially if they threw in a number one pick.  Never can tell what a pick from the Clippers may turn into.  On top of that if PP and KG got traded to the Clips it would really the the Los Angeles Celtics and we might win another ring.  While Celtics would be winning a ring this year,  the Real Celtics in Boston would have a good start on a rebuild.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

Kg is the only decent big we have.

that makes no sense at all.

agreed

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

I am not a fan of either of them.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Celtics and Clippers in exploratory trade talks for a KG and Bledsoe swap. Yes, I know KG has a no trade clause but he resides in Cali and would be going to a contender. I'd be sad to see KG go but I'll get over it and happy to see bledsoe in a celtics uniform. I like the idea of getting a rondo back up plan (Just in case hes never the same again) and actually having a young healthy promising talented player on the team we can use as trade bait that other teams want.http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2013/02/clippers-celtics-engaged-in-kevin-garnett-talks.html

What are you on SON ??????  Thats not going to happen.......... 

Assuming we can starve off a rejuvenated raptors squad for the 8th seed; we are getting swept in the 1st round. Why not cash in on our vets now and get some promising young talent? KG and Pierce best case will last 1 more season.   

I heard this same crap last year.  First we wouldn't make the playoffs, over and over again. Then we would lose the first round,  not-  then we would lose the second round- not,, within minutes of the finals, and I think another championship.  You guys jump off the ship again this year,  we will be happy for you to come back during our run.

No one is jumping on or off the bandwagon over here..I am a celtics fan and want the team to do well. I just think we need to start rebuilding.

How is trading for a 33 year old and a soon to be FA building for the future? In terms of Bulter what is he going to back up Green and Pierce?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Thats all KG is worth?? A young, promising backup PG and we are not trading Rondo?? Why would we trade our ONLY effective big man for another Pg/sg that we have 4 of already? Is Jeff Green gonna play Center..  Wilcox?  Bad trade. If u gonna let KG go, u better get back Jordan annnnd another player.. I wouldnt mind KG, Bass, Lee,  for Jordan and Bledsoe

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Thats all KG is worth?? A young, promising backup PG and we are not trading Rondo?? Why would we trade our ONLY effective big man for another Pg/sg that we have 4 of already? Is Jeff Green gonna play Center..  Wilcox?  Bad trade. If u gonna let KG go, u better get back Jordan annnnd another player.. I wouldnt mind KG, Bass, Lee,  for Jordan and Bledsoe

Jordan is a terrible all around player. Forget him.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

WISHLIST:

David Lee , Andruw Bogut , Eric Bledsoe , Caron Butler , Martin Gortat , JJ Reddick , JJ Barea , Derrivck Williams , Kevin Love...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

If you're Ainge and you're trading KG you might as well traded Pierce too.  Add Terry and other vets as well.  Trading either KG or PP is the sign of a rebuilding phase in my opinion.  Hasn't Ainge said multiple times that the C's screwed up by keeping Bird, McHale and Parish around as long as they did?  If the picks and/or young talent is there, then maybe Danny will pull the trigger.  I can't see it happening, but getting suitors lined up and maybe starting a bidding war can't hurt.  I think both KG and Pierce could shift the balance a bit for a legit contender. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

If you're Ainge and you're trading KG you might as well traded Pierce too.  Add Terry and other vets as well.  Trading either KG or PP is the sign of a rebuilding phase in my opinion.  Hasn't Ainge said multiple times that the C's screwed up by keeping Bird, McHale and Parish around as long as they did?  If the picks and/or young talent is there, then maybe Danny will pull the trigger.  I can't see it happening, but getting suitors lined up and maybe starting a bidding war can't hurt.  I think both KG and Pierce could shift the balance a bit for a legit contender. 

More like a sledge hammer to the head...Done, finito..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Yup...for the Clippers to bury the hated Lakers !!!

if we really are intent on rebuilding since Rondo & Sully are out, I would consider a trade of both but only to the Clippers.

For Jordan, Crawford, Odom, Bledsoe, Butler and a couple of draft choices too.

I could live with it !!! PP's roots are in So.Cal & KG has a home in Cal. But both players deserve to be asked if they would mind be traded...we owe them that !!! For some reason I do not hate the Clippers as I have the Lakers for the 60+ years I've been a Celtic fan.

I live in SF so could enjoy KG & PP when they play the Warriors & also we go to San Diego a few times per year to see family so I'd go to some Clipper-Laker games & root for KG & PP as if they were in Boston.

And terrific too to see these 2 Hall of Famers retire on the same team !

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from James37. Show James37's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

Yup...for the Clippers to bury the hated Lakers !!!

if we really are intent on rebuilding since Rondo & Sully are out, I would consider a trade of both but only to the Clippers.

For Jordan, Crawford, Odom, Bledsoe, Butler and a couple of draft choices too.

I could live with it !!! PP's roots are in So.Cal & KG has a home in Cal. But both players deserve to be asked if they would mind be traded...we owe them that !!! For some reason I do not hate the Clippers as I have the Lakers for the 60+ years I've been a Celtic fan.

I live in SF so could enjoy KG & PP when they play the Warriors & also we go to San Diego a few times per year to see family so I'd go to some Clipper-Laker games & root for KG & PP as if they were in Boston.

And terrific too to see these 2 Hall of Famers retire on the same team !

I would really want expiring contracts. Then we would have cap space to make a run for players like josh smith, gortat and perhaps tyreke evans or bandon jennings.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

KG wouldn't ok this trade. It's not a terrible trade in theory but if the Celts are trading KG it would be better to get a promising young big in return, there is a lot of depth at the guard spot currently.

Sections
Shortcuts