Celtics and Clippers in exploratory trade talks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: Celtics and Clippers in exploratory trade talks

If Ainge can get a mix of good young players and draft picks for KG and/or PP, it will be acceptable to me.  The C's had a nice, long run with the current core -- longer than most thought was possible. And as much as I'd love both players to walk away from the game as Celtics I wouldn't mind seeing them play it out with a legit title contender.  I have mixed feelings, I respect what both players have done for Boston but they are both assests capable of helping other teams.  No one wants to see Danny make a trade just to make a trade, but a team or two could definitely make him an enticing offer in the coming days that he'd find it hard to refuse.   

In my heart of hearts, I know the C's are a longshot to do much in the playoffs.  I could be wrong. The injuries and age of KG and PP (and the expectation that they play more with Rondo and Sullinger out) leads me to think that they will be running on fumes at season's end. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from James37. Show James37's posts

Re: Celtics and Clippers in exploratory trade talks

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

KG wouldn't ok this trade. It's not a terrible trade in theory but if the Celts are trading KG it would be better to get a promising young big in return, there is a lot of depth at the guard spot currently.

we have depth but they are all inconsistent

Sections
Shortcuts