Celtics and Lakers headed in opposite directions

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Re: Celtics and Lakers headed in opposite directions

good thread! specially when trolls are starting to show up!!!  LA is really REALLY stuck..no assets and no picks.. straight to the grave..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrmccook. Show jrmccook's posts

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

This will be so much fun.  To keep Kobe or not to keep Kobe, that is the question!!  Howard will likely leave.  The only good tradeable asset is Gasol.  But only a contender will give up good value for him.  I am going to enjoy the next few years.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to APpats21's comment:

I agree. They may laugh at us next year but im pretty sure we'll have the last laugh...for years to come

Especially if we are a lottery team this year.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

LA has a huge advantage over Boston in attracking FA's. Besides if the Nets contend the next seasons our picks will be in the 20's, same with the Clippers pick. Wallace's contract is 30 million for the next 3 seasons. Does Ainge plan to rebuild around Rondo? He has shown many times he is not a building block.

Our future is murky. It could turn out good but there are a lot of ifs. Is there another GM out there who's willing to help Ainge out like with KG? So there's no need to be smug right now. We could be in for another 20 year drought or we could be contenders again in 5, nobody knows, including Ainge. Just keeping it real.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

two thumbs up for danny! poor kupshucccks

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Very difficult to see through the fog... We do have picks and a bunch of players from the Nets, none of which are game changers... The draft last night, well... who knows what those guys brings if anything...

I hope the C's are positioning themselves to get a couple studs in next years draft... With all the new faces, rookies and nobody new thats bigtime ... we have a shot at the lottery next season...  and likely trade other picks and players to get a 2nd pick up high..

Gonna be fun seeing how the Nets do...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

I don't know..the Lakers ahve almost NO salary's on the books after next year.

so they can do a Miami and sign a new big three and put a bunch of low-level FA's around them farly easy.

Since the Lakers have more than enough TV money to pay any Luxury tax forever, I see no reason why they won't.

one thing is for sure the Celtics and Lakers will be using opposite ways to rebuild.

we'll be using draft picks

Lakers using FA's.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

i like the picks we are accumulating, we need to try to trade Wallace tho, contract is too big for what we are trying to do..

idk why people think we will be in the lottery next year. Rondo, Ab, JG, and Sully? we are still too good to be in the lottery. If Danny really wants to be in the lottery he will have to trade Rondo.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

When all is said and done, it will be sad to say goodbye to Paul Pierce.  Having him appearing in another uniform, other than an all-star version, might be one of Boston's strangest "fan" moments.  We shouldn't forget, and I'm not saying anyone is ignoring Pierce's great value to the team over the course of his career.  He had to shoulder every Celtics team he played on until the KG/RA experiment began (Walker was more of an on-court distraction, heaving up bad shots and making too many dumb turnovers) .  He accepted the leadership role even though he generally never had any great and too few good teammates.  Losing always comes hard and he was here for the worst stretch in Celtics history, but that didn't deter him and he just kept getting better - he had to.

It's too easy to say that I wish him well - it's not enough.  I/we really owe him some sort of show of appreciation for his great career in Boston and his place in Celtics history.  When he retires he'll do so as a Celtics player, I just hope Boston goes all out in that celebration; I think it will.

"They don't put Ws and Ls on the paychecks" - Sidney Wicks

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

The Lakers have the cajones to go after the guys they want.  I have no doubt that the Lakers will put together a dangerous team before the Celt's do.  They will relentlessly go after top tier guys like Love, Durant, LBJ, Irving, whenever they become avail.  Im not saying they will get these guys, but they will get a top 5 player before anyone we get in the upcoming drafts matures to that level.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

Fierce, I like your positive attitude on this, due to the fact that I hate the Lakers but....They are lucky D12 is leaving, he is fools gold.  They will take his money, throw it at another top player in the next 2 years or so and be better off for it.  I wouldn't be surprised if they end up with everyones favorite pipe dream and get Cousins...THIS YEAR!  When Kobe is gone they will go after a dynamic guard in his prime, and they WILL get one.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheOriginalDfury13. Show TheOriginalDfury13's posts

In response to hops29's comment:

Fierce, I like your positive attitude on this, due to the fact that I hate the Lakers but....They are lucky D12 is leaving, he is fools gold.  They will take his money, throw it at another top player in the next 2 years or so and be better off for it.  I wouldn't be surprised if they end up with everyones favorite pipe dream and get Cousins...THIS YEAR!  When Kobe is gone they will go after a dynamic guard in his prime, and they WILL get one.

Not in this years free agency. They are over the cap without howard. They're only chance to stay relevent this year is to sign him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

Believe me, I hope Im wrong on this but I wouldn't put money on the Lakers being scared of the cap.  They spent $100 mil on players last year, the Celts spent $71 mil and some change.  Which team is more interested in putting a quality product on the floor?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

http://www.hoopsworld.com/los-angeles-lakers-team-salary

http://www.hoopsworld.com/boston-celtics-team-salary

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

The Lakers traded 4 draft picks for Steve Nash.

Celtics got 3 1st round picks for KG and Pierce and 1 more 1st rounder for Doc's release.

While the Celts will be starting the rebuild next season, the Lakers will still try to go after another championship next season.

So who will get their 18th championship first?

With the new CBA, my money is on the Celtics.

And this board will be somewhat troll free for years to come. 

What is also a good possibility is that those #1s we got from NJ which seem now to be low first rounders could get better if KG or PP break down and after they retire which could be after a year or so.  Then NJ has to start over too.   We shall see.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts