Celtics are a bad team right now

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Celtics are a bad team right now

We can point to several things but when it all boils down to it, it goes on the coach and PG.

We can point to PP, KG, Terry, no bench, small, no big...but in the end this team is an extension of it's head coach which should translate to the court by the PG. Right now both stink!

No Green, no Melo, no good shots for Terry, Rondo still throwing up bricks.

Change something Ainge, I could care less what it is just shake it up. They have no identity.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Re: Celtics are a bad team right now

Can't argue with that. I thought a new bench would be enough to erase the scoring problems they had last year

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Conley - 23 points and 9 assists.....really Rondo, really?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Should've done better during the off season when they had the money. We believed that Jason Terry was a replacement for Ray Allen. KG played great but not warranting a 34 mil contract. Now the KG contract will be an albatross for the next 2 1/2 tears. Money won't come off the books and no way KG gets traded. Pierce will hopefully test out the free agent market. Still not enough cap relief.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from blueprint555. Show blueprint555's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Conley - 23 points and 9 assists.....really Rondo, really?

[/QUOTE]

Well Rondo needs to stay in front of his man. It's getting ridiculous

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Doc doesn't care. Go watch your son in New Orleans and get a coach who isn't so non-chalant after every game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We can point to several things but when it all boils down to it, it goes on the coach and PG.

We can point to PP, KG, Terry, no bench, small, no big...but in the end this team is an extension of it's head coach which should translate to the court by the PG. Right now both stink!

Change something Ainge, I could care less what it is just shake it up. They have no identity.

[/QUOTE]

No it does not look good for sure. If something needs to be done them lets get it done. Tough to watch the games right now, but i'm a true C's fan and will all ways be a Celtic fan.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Add to that - stars don't generally come to Boston on their own.  Trades get it done and the draft gets it done.  When was the last big name we got as a free agent?   When did a great player demand a trade to Boston?   Just doesn't happen.   So, I don't believe Cap room is the issue.  We have to do this via trade.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]

Doc doesn't care. Go watch your son in New Orleans and get a coach who isn't so non-chalant after every game.

[/QUOTE]

What are you watching?  Doc is as frustrated as us.  Criticize him for poor decisions or rotations or something reasonable.  Criticizing him for not caring is not even in the ball park.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What are you watching?  Doc is as frustrated as us.  Criticize him for poor decisions or rotations or something reasonable.  Criticizing him for not caring is not even in the ball park.

[/QUOTE]

This is a poorly coached team right now...plain and simple. Where are the adjustments? If guys aren't going to play defense, you go down the bench until you find someone that wants to play. He's just giving minutes because his cript says so.  I think KG would come off the bench if he thought it would help the team. PP never!

What signs have you seen that tell you Doc is frustrated?? On the court? In a presser? Where and When?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This is a poorly coached team right now...plain and simple. Where are the adjustments? If guys aren't going to play defense, you go down the bench until you find someone that wants to play. He's just giving minutes because his cript says so.  I think KG would come off the bench if he thought it would help the team. PP never!

What signs have you seen that tell you Doc is frustrated?? On the court? In a presser? Where and When?

[/QUOTE]

I get where you are coming from but I could not disagree more. This team is faltering because of the two key players that cannot carry the load. The difficulties for a coach like Doc after five years with these guys makes it very hard to change when there is a huge void on the team.  They truly need a big man of impact and without it you have a team with a huge hole in it . Blame Danny not Doc.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Ok then Doc needs to pull KG and PP aside and say fellas I'm going to do something and I need your support. It may not be permanent but we have to try it. I need both of you to come off the bench. It's going to show us who wants to be a Celtic and it's going to showcase a few guys for trades and it's going to either light the fire under some or let some wilt.

Try starting Rondo, AB, Green, Bass and Collins

What this is goiing to do is FORCE Green and Rondo to look to score...no more depending on KG and PP. Then Terry, PP and KG will be playing against bench players. We may not win games but you will see who can handle a more prominent role

Why lose games while piling mins on KG and PP. If we're going to lose let's lose seeing what guys can do with more mins.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]

Ok then Doc needs to pull KG and PP aside and say fellas I'm going to do something and I need your support. It may not be permanent but we have to try it. I need both of you to come off the bench. It's going to show us who wants to be a Celtic and it's going to showcase a few guys for trades and it's going to either light the fire under some or let some wilt.

Try starting Rondo, AB, Green, Bass and Collins

What this is goiing to do is FORCE Green and Rondo to look to score...no more depending on KG and PP. Then Terry, PP and KG will be playing against bench players. We may not win games but you will see who can handle a more prominent role

Why lose games while piling mins on KG and PP. If we're going to lose let's lose seeing what guys can do with more mins.

[/QUOTE]

They need to do something like that. These guys we acquired need to be on the court not looking over their shoulder everytime they get the ball. It is like three coaches, one on the bench, two on the court.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Let's see:

he tried starting Lee.  He tried starting Terry.  He went back to Lee.   He tried starting Sully instead of Bass.  He tried ending games with Green and Pierce in with Garnett and we still lost..  He tried going small ( with massive criticism on this Board).  He tried starting Collins (before Wilcox got hurt!).  He tried zone defense.   He tried playing KG more minutes (whole quarter tonight).  

Look at the games, man.   Don't tell me he hasn't tried adjustments.  The players are not delivering.  In this 4 game stretch alone, Terry, Pierce, Green, and Pierce have all had multiple horrid shooting nights and I mean HORRID!  There's no working adjustment when you get your players good shots and they can't make a darn shot!

i watched his post game comments.  Clearly frustrated.  He has tried working behind the scenes early in the season, calling them out as soft, telling them they are not in shape, and changing their defensive assignments ( having Rondo guard the shooting guard while Lee guarded the point guard).   He keeps trying to get Rondo to play more aggressive offensively.  But, when Rondo can't stop my grandson, what can you do?  Trying Terry and Lee at the same time is worse as Terry can't stop my grandmother And she's deceased!

The issue could be his effectiveness.  But its not that he (nor the veterans) don't care.  The stars are just old, the only rebounder is ALWAYS in foul trouble, the younger guys can't deliver.

lots of problems on this team but caring isn't the issue.  You don't just get better because you "care".  You get better because you have talent and a winning system.   This team lacks the talent.  I hope a trade can help but even I am beginning to wonder if anything can save them.

then I remember last year and I get a little hope.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pa-Pow. Show Pa-Pow's posts

In response to vertmont's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BirdLewsBias's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No it does not look good for sure. If something needs to be done them lets get it done. Tough to watch the games right now, but i'm a true C's fan and will all ways be a Celtic fan.

[/QUOTE]
    I hear you, it will be a tough 5 yr drought coming and even then Danny may dig the Celtics a deeep hole to get out of.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

You're right but the one thing he hasn't done is try starting Green. He's the key to a lot of this.

I agree with what Heinsohn said tonight. The offensive philosophy to get back on defense and not go after offensive rebounds kills this team. Most of the time if you aren't shooting good, it means you're getting one shot and getting back on defense. It's great if you're a good shooting team but this team isn't that built like that.

It's not so much who starts, it's who is getting crucial, meaningful minutes. Doc still thinks he has the team from 2008-2010.

The other thing is we've lost a lot of guys who play with great intensity and intangibles over the years from Posey to TA to BBD to Pietrus to guys who are more passive in Bass, Lee and Green.

I just hope Doc can stop the bleeding because we've seen 18 game losing streaks with him. So I hope he can figure something out.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Let's see:

he tried starting Lee.  He tried starting Terry.  He went back to Lee.   He tried starting Sully instead of Bass.  He tried ending games with Green and Pierce in with Garnett and we still lost..  He tried going small ( with massive criticism on this Board).  He tried starting Collins (before Wilcox got hurt!).  He tried zone defense.   He tried playing KG more minutes (whole quarter tonight).  

Look at the games, man.   Don't tell me he hasn't tried adjustments.  The players are not delivering.  In this 4 game stretch alone, Terry, Pierce, Green, and Pierce have all had multiple horrid shooting nights and I mean HORRID!  There's no working adjustment when you get your players good shots and they can't make a darn shot!

i watched his post game comments.  Clearly frustrated.  He has tried working behind the scenes early in the season, calling them out as soft, telling them they are not in shape, and changing their defensive assignments ( having Rondo guard the shooting guard while Lee guarded the point guard).   He keeps trying to get Rondo to play more aggressive offensively.  But, when Rondo can't stop my grandson, what can you do?  Trying Terry and Lee at the same time is worse as Terry can't stop my grandmother And she's deceased!

The issue could be his effectiveness.  But its not that he (nor the veterans) don't care.  The stars are just old, the only rebounder is ALWAYS in foul trouble, the younger guys can't deliver.

lots of problems on this team but caring isn't the issue.  You don't just get better because you "care".  You get better because you have talent and a winning system.   This team lacks the talent.  I hope a trade can help but even I am beginning to wonder if anything can save them.

then I remember last year and I get a little hope.

[/QUOTE]
    Solution. It is simply time to cut ties with the problem, the enigma that is Rondo. Don't get me wrong, he has a ton of talent, but clearly does not come to play night in and night out. You want to shake up this team, then get rid of Rondo.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Our older players got old.

Time to change the starting lineup.

KG, Sullinger, Pierce, Green, and Rondo.

[/QUOTE]

I'll even go for this lineup. Let's remember Green is the reason why Harden could never start in OKC...he's a starter, starting will not make him nervous. If anything it will make him more assertive and confident. Watch when we trade him, he's going to blow up.

The sad part is HE'S NOT EVEN THE 6th man on this team. C'mon man, what's going on??

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from darkman20. Show darkman20's posts

Rondo is holding this team hostage with his ball hogging-pound-the-clock-away-1 dimensional- self.  And now he doesn't have a HOF shooter he can pass the ball to to hide his short comings and is finally being exposed for what I have know since 2008. 

The big 3 has been carrying him since day one, and now that he has scared away 1 of them, and the other 2 have gotten older, and can't make up for his lack of talent, we find out what I have known since 2008, that Rondo kind of suxs.  And Doc made a bad decission by given in all the time to this spoiled brat.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to antiqueman1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Solution. It is simply time to cut ties with the problem, the enigma that is Rondo. Don't get me wrong, he has a ton of talent, but clearly does not come to play night in and night out. You want to shake up this team, then get rid of Rondo.

[/QUOTE]Before you get rid of Rondo.... sit him.

Sit him until he shows that he is ready to play...however long that takes.

Pud

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pa-Pow. Show Pa-Pow's posts

The reason why Rondo does not look as good as prior years on offense is because Ray is not here to bail the team out....pure and simple.  Ray should have been resigned and then the emphasis should have been on a big(aka a 5).

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pa-Pow. Show Pa-Pow's posts

Does not matter as the Celtics have ZERO flexablity based on Danny's gutting of the bankroll.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I'm on board with trading Rondo now, just for the record.

Sections
Shortcuts