Celtics are better with Nate at the point

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

Re: Celtics are better with Nate at the point

Well, I was at a bar and had to leave before the halftime. Then I read on the news about what rondo did tonight. He proved me wrong for sure!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

Better with Nate than Rondo? Um, no.

Better with Nate than Delonte is correct though.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics are better with Nate at the point:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics are better with Nate at the point : Do you rewrite these posts or do you just cut and paste the same thing you have been writing for 5 years? 
    Posted by Icon11[/QUOTE]

just imagine if things had changed in the last 5 years.......

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pliu. Show pliu's posts

Just imagine if things had changed in the last five years?

Well, you don't have to imagine.

Rondo's gone from 3.8 apg to 5.1 to 8.2 to 9.8 to this season's 14.

He's been All-Defensive the last two years, was an all-star last year and is a lock to be one this year.  In the process he 's emerged as a team leader.

Things have changed for Rondo.  They have not for The Dudder.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics are better with Nate at the point : just imagine if things had changed in the last 5 years.......
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

That isn't my point.  You write basically the same post over and over.  Sometimes you write the same post multiple times in the same thread. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkillme. Show greenkillme's posts

[QUOTE]Well, I was at a bar and had to leave before the halftime. Then I read on the news about what rondo did tonight. He proved me wrong for sure!
    Posted by celticsfanmx[/QUOTE]

I think you are in need of some more detail to perceive. It was clear to me that Rondo was hurting at the begining of that game. I don't know what happened but he went to the bench and when he came back he was great although he was still hurting so much he couldn't jump.

As for what Nate did when Rondo was on the bench. .....nothing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bilalkazmi. Show bilalkazmi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics are better with Nate at the point : well, i'm talking about creating a plan to mitigate the disaster that happens when our rondo goes into the toilet, as he did in the lakers series last year.  if you want to credit rondo with winning the chamionship in 2008, which i think is questionable when compared to how much heavy lifting pierce and garnett did (and allen), then you have to give him responsibility when he po0ps the sheets too. last year in the lakers series we stopped doing well pretty much as soon as rondo went into his woeful cocoon of poor shooting.  without an aggressive rondo we stank.  so we need to groom nate so we have something reliable to go to if this happens again. these are merely the tribulations of having a primary point guard who is not a sound scoring threat from the outside and is a bad free throw shooter.  at some point, that IS GOING TO HURT YOU, so you had better create an EMERGENCY PLAN, and given proper grooming and time to practice the role, nate COULD step in.  he may not succeed at that role, but the least we can do is go with the best chance to succeed given what's on our roster.  that's all.
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

What???!!! We stank last year against the Lakers?  What series were you watching?

We came very close to winning a series when Lakers had
    1) Home court advantage
    2) Exhuastion advantage (we were beat up going up against the NBA's biggest poster boys in each of the previous series...Kobe went to basically no one)
    3) KG was playing on one-leg
    4) We lost arguably the top 3 low post defender in the league (Perk)
    5)  the refs were definitely on Kobe's side (compared to our stars)

Even then, we were able to go up 3-2 in the series and had not one but two opportunites to win it all.

None of it could hardly we characterised by the word "STANK."

You have a knack for misrepresenting facts.

Our offense wasn't as strong last year in the crunch time because Rondo couldn't score with confidence, and Perk has no offensive game.  This year, with the addition of Shaq, and Jermaine and with the strides Baby has made on his offensive game, we will be okay with Rondo in the 4th in the crunch time.

Why not let Rondo prove himself again.  Although, thats what he has done all his career and people are still on his back.  Get used to the fact that he is a premier PG despite poor shooting. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Rondo is redefining the PG role.  Actually when the big 3 is gone, he will be able to set Bradley, Erdan, 'Gody, BBD and Perk up for easy shots.  Erdan and Bradley will continue to improve this year as well as in the future.  'Gody will be a good 6th man.  Rondo will be dropping dimes like this well into the post BIG 3 era.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics are better with Nate at the point : I started a post and I think I may have hit delete or post and not sure which so I will start over: No other point guard plays with as much talent as Rondo - so then the argument is does Rondo make them better or do his teammates make him look better?  Shaq, Pierce, KG, and Ray all going to the HOF while Rondo was still in high school.  Is it tough to imagine Brandon Jennings (the only player in history other than Wilt to score 55 points in a game and have a triple double in a calendar year) making the Cs just as good, is it tough to imagine that there have been 3 players in history to average 20 ppg, 5 assists, and 5 rebounds as rookies (Tyreke Evans) would not make the Cs better....  The Cs have the best record in the conference but are only about 10 points away from being 7 and 9 - 3 over time games and a marginal victory against the Knicks. Rondo is the absolute worse shooter in the league - from the field - from the line... in my estimation he averages at least 5 assists per game simply by passing up what most point guards would consider routine jumpers - in Rondo's case they should be routine especially since there is nobody within 15 feet of him (just picture Arenas with nobody within 15 feet of him).  Rondo is a terrible finisher partially because he is afraid of having to go to the foul line.  If Steph Curry was the point guard of the team, they would lead the league in scoring and Paul and or Ray would never ever ever ever be double teamed - if Arron Brooks was the starting point guard they would lead the league in scoring and Paul and or Ray would never ever ever ever be double teamed again...... and those are just two examples.  Add Devin Harris, John Wall, Jameer Nelson, Baron Davis, and a whole bunch more - bottom line - there are any number of players that if they were to be swapped with Rondo, the Cs would be no worse off and in many cases a lot better. He averages another 5 assists per game simply by whom he plays with - just imagine him not being able to shoot / finish and having to pass to the ball to Tony Allen instead of Ray Allen, passing it to Udonis Haslem instead of KG, Andre Thornton instead of Paul Pierce - in other words - imagine if Rondo had to pass the ball to lesser players and at the same time be the worst shooter in the league. The other and to me most laughable discussion / argument is "Rondo is perfect for this team"....  as if having a less complete player is better than having a more complete player......  What the hell would we possibly do with Russell Westbrook who is 3 years younger than Rondo and very quickly becoming the most dominant point guard in the leauge when we can have Rondo who very simply cannot shoot from just about anywhere on the floor?  We have KG, PP, Ray, and Shaq, and somehow if Deron Williams or Steve Nash was here the Cs would be so worse off because those guys are more complete players but it would somehow hurt the team because Rondo is somehow giving up some of his game.....  he doesn't have the game to give up - as if the Cs are somehow restricting his game to subjugate his game for the team and the the actual 3 stars are holding Rondo's game back. Every point guard that can shoot or score is scorned for being a score-first as opposed to pass-first point guard.... as if actually being part of the offense is a bad thing for your point guard to actually be part of the offense as opposed to once Rondo let's go of the ball he is a complete non-factor in the team's offense. Ray and Paul run their a-sses off until Rondo can find them and a lot of the time their hustle results in an assists but a lot of the time in the half court set Rondo pounds the ball into the floor, runs the shot clock down, passes the ball to someone else and if it is not a clean shot you can find Rondo standing in the corner with his fingers crossed hoping the ball never gets back to him as the shot clock winds down......   I love at the end of quarters when Rondo has the ball and the other team's players are trying not to laugh too hard while Rondo pounds the ball into the floor and doubles off him and then when there is no other option he flings something up that barely catches iron... the other team is thinking ok let's just go sit down with the score the way it is because there is not even a remote possibility that Rondo will make the shot - I think it would save some players groin or abdominal injuries from laughing too hard. Watching the game through green colored glasses - this week on WEEI the Celtics player of the week was Rondo - he missed three games and in the only game he played, the opposing point guard had one more assist and 11 more points - the news was in Rondo's return he had 14 assists while ignoring he had 4 points, Calderon had 14 points and 15 assists but somehow Rondo is player of the week.......... Objectivity is not something that will ever exist on this blog but I am going to at least try to provide at least a little. In year 5 of Rondo there remains at least a dozen players who if flipflopped with Rondo, the Cs would be no worse off and in a lot of cases be a lot better - give up a little defense but gain lots of offense and take lots of pressure off the other scorers..... This is an objective assessment - and certainly nothing that most Celtics fans can even comprehend let alone digest, accept, and agree with.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

Nothing objective in that drivel

Glad to see we now put Rondo in the top 10 of PG's... 2 years ago he wasn't in your top 20 and some laugher names were out there who you'd WRONGLY 'flip flop' him with and we'd stay the same

While you were WRONG then you are closer to being right now, there are not a dozen guys we can flip Rondo with and win a title... more like 5-6, and Westbrook is NOT one of them

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]Just imagine if things had changed in the last five years? Well, you don't have to imagine. Rondo's gone from 3.8 apg to 5.1 to 8.2 to 9.8 to this season's 14. He's been All-Defensive the last two years, was an all-star last year and is a lock to be one this year.  In the process he 's emerged as a team leader. Things have changed for Rondo.  They have not for The Dudder.
    Posted by pliu[/QUOTE]

Hahahahahahahahaha

DUDDER brings the ignorance for sure

Way to smash him to pieces with that post

'imagine if he has changed in 5 years'

hahaha

backup on a bad team to top 5 PG in game

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cjbenz. Show cjbenz's posts

Excuse me. Has anyone thought of the word "assists"? On a team full of scoring options, Nate had six today against the Nets. Rondo's assists are regularly over ten a game...sometimes way over. Rondo has the eye for the open teammate and the passing skills to get the ball to him in position where he can score immediately. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

This is one of the stupidest threads ever on this BB.  Are you kidding?  Let's hope you never find out how we do with Nate starting at point for the season.  There is no comparison.  How can we ever match up to top teams night in and night out without our secret weapon Rondo.  With Nate the Celtics will be lucky to be a fifty win team. In the playoffs we would not even get to the finals.  With Rondo starting and Nate backing up and playing with the second unit we are a sixty plus win team and more importantly a world champion at the end of the playoffs.

Ask the four hall a famers who they want at point guard the rest of the season. It will be 4 to 0 in favor of Rondo. And by the way Rondo will be a hall of famer before he is through.  Nate won't.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN. Show KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN's posts

great post! i think we have to start seriously stop thinking of rondo as some kind of sacred cow. i like rondo and he clearly should be starting and getting MOST of the point guard minutes. the problem with rondo is that he is the most flawed superstar point guard in HISTORY. those flaws get m magnified in the 4th quarter esp in the last 3-5 minutes with his lack of free throw and jump shoting efficiency and the innate fear he has of driving to the hoop late in games due to his fear of having to actually go to the line. he is abysmal.. period! with all his greatness, rondo can not be considered the best with guys like rose and williams and paul around simply because his lack of shooting efficiency puts the celtics at a major detriment late in games. at key points late, you want a point guard who commands respect from the defense, who can make the other team pay for putting you on the line and can make it easier for the one on one players and plays. rondo's game diminishes at the most crucial point of the game. i agree that nate should not play more than 20 minutes on most nights; however, those minutes should come in the last 5 minutes of most close games.... had nate been on the floor in the 4th quarter of lakers final, we WIN!

rondo has strengths and greatness but he has major flaws that should be ignored. again and again, we all admit the 4th quarter is a problem, yet keep ignoring the player who is the biggest 4th quarter "cancer" on the team, if not the league! again, great post for acknowledging the obvious in all of our collective consciences!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

[QUOTE]great post! i think we have to start seriously stop thinking of rondo as some kind of sacred cow. i like rondo and he clearly should be starting and getting MOST of the point guard minutes. the problem with rondo is that he is the most flawed superstar point guard in HISTORY. those flaws get m magnified in the 4th quarter esp in the last 3-5 minutes with his lack of free throw and jump shoting efficiency and the innate fear he has of driving to the hoop late in games due to his fear of having to actually go to the line. he is abysmal.. period! with all his greatness, rondo can not be considered the best with guys like rose and williams and paul around simply because his lack of shooting efficiency puts the celtics at a major detriment late in games. at key points late, you want a point guard who commands respect from the defense, who can make the other team pay for putting you on the line and can make it easier for the one on one players and plays. rondo's game diminishes at the most crucial point of the game. i agree that nate should not play more than 20 minutes on most nights; however, those minutes should come in the last 5 minutes of most close games.... had nate been on the floor in the 4th quarter of lakers final, we WIN! rondo has strengths and greatness but he has major flaws that should be ignored. again and again, we all admit the 4th quarter is a problem, yet keep ignoring the player who is the biggest 4th quarter "cancer" on the team, if not the league! again, great post for acknowledging the obvious in all of our collective consciences!
    Posted by KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics are better with Nate at the point : I think we found out today how we would do with Nate starting at the point. I like Bradley as a backup as well.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Ignorance is appalling

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics are better with Nate at the point : I think we found out today how we would do with Nate starting at the point. I like Bradley as a backup as well.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

I thoroughly enjoyed watching Nate play full throated, fearless, pedal to the metal, monsterous  PG today. Granted it was only the Nets but Nate s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d the floor and gave our 4 HOFers a chance to get most any shot they wanted any time they wanted... one on one. Righteous!

No sagging defense or doubling. Everyone was played straight up and everything came easy. No psychodrama at the point today. No 2nd half letdown. Nate was down right manly!

He played great defense too.

Talking about great D.....how about Avery Bradley!!! Now he's a  lock down stopper.

Great fun today.

Pud 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

Nate played very well.  He is a very talented player.  I was actually surprised he came back for short money to be a back up.

With that said instead of arguing about whether he should start over Rondo people should be ecstatic that the Celtics have such an incredibly talented guy coming off the bench and to fill in when Rondo gets hurt.  I posted this earlier in this thread but Nate wasn't even a regular starter on the Knicks.  He has only started about 65 games in his whole career.  His best role is to come in and provide energy and shoot three's.  I do agree that he could get more minutes though.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]Nate played very well.  He is a very talented player.  I was actually surprised he came back for short money to be a back up. With that said instead of arguing about whether he should start over Rondo people should be ecstatic that the Celtics have such an incredibly talented guy coming off the bench and to fill in when Rondo gets hurt.  I posted this earlier in this thread but Nate wasn't even a regular starter on the Knicks.  He has only started about 65 games in his whole career.  His best role is to come in and provide energy and shoot three's.  I do agree that he could get more minutes though.
    Posted by Icon11[/QUOTE]

Bingo!

He shoots 1st too much and is nowhere the passer, defender or rebounder to be in the same class as Rondo..

but he's a GREAT backup

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics are better with Nate at the point : I thoroughly enjoyed watching Nate play full throated, fearless, pedal to the metal, monsterous  PG today. Granted it was only the Nets but Nate s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d the floor and gave our 4 HOFers a chance to get most any shot they wanted any time they wanted... one on one. Righteous ! No sagging defense or doubling. Everyone was played straight up and everything came easy. No psychodrama at the point today. No 2nd half letdown. Nate was down right manly ! He played great defense too. Talking about great D.....how about Avery Bradley!!! Now he's a  lock down stopper. Great fun today. Pud 
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

Good points you just made but its a good problem we have now.  Rondo is the man though  and his J is coming along but not as smooth as Kryptonate.  We have some good options now and wait til D West comes back. Celltics are looking good lately and even Maequis is getting aggresive in scoring about time

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Be thankful you can dream about Nate being at the point and that it won't happen unless Rondo goes down.  I love having Nate backing up, but since I want them to win a title I know that cannot happen without Rondo.  Give Rondo, his due do you think the starters would like to see Nate starting at the point?  Please think about this and answer it truthfully.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]Be thankful you can dream about Nate being at the point and that it won't happen unless Rondo goes down.  I love having Nate backing up, but since I want them to win a title I know that cannot happen without Rondo.  Give Rondo, his due do you think the starters would like to see Nate starting at the point?  Please think about this and answer it truthfully.  
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

No, and neither would I. I like having my point guard averaging 14 assists per game.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

this thread makes me think about when Walker was playing point forward and there wasn't even one quality PG never mind 2, and an OK Rookie sitting on the bench, with Daniels also able to fill the role time to time.  Just a discussion about which PG should start is such a good problem to have ... lol