Celtics are done Lakers are not...

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Celtics are done Lakers are not...

I think arguing over which team potentially might make the 8th spot is the epitome of a waste of time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I'm with snake - my the expectations in LA have really come down, haven't they?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

agree....I was optimistic at the beginning of the year, but I saw the age/chemistry problems fairly early on...to be honest I am more surprised by the Lakers' (lack of) performance.....neither team is capable of going very far in the playoffs at this point (if either team even makes it)...there are just too many younger and deeper teams.....and in a seven game series...? ....not a chance!....and I'm just fine with that...

to answer the avengers question...am I devastated by this turn of events..? Of course not...I've had so many years of enjoying this team and it's unprecidented success that I am just sitting back and enjoying myself at this stage of the game....I have enough memories to last a lifetime...in fact, the NBA is not really that high on my list any more...I'm waiting until spring training in the hopes that my Dodgers and BoSox can somehow get back on track....and the NFL is my favorite sport of all....lifelong Ram fan...so I have been through many years of ups & downs....you kind of get a thick skin going through all the losing seasons....aside from the NFL, I spend most of my time watching golf, auto racing, and baseball...so I'm good....thanks for asking!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

In response to Duke4's comment:

agree....I was optimistic at the beginning or the year but I saw the age/chemistry problems fairly early on...to be honest I am more surprised by the Lakers' (lack of) performance.....neither team is capable of going very far in the playoffs at this point (if either team even makes it)...there are just too many younger and deeper teams.....and in a seven game series...? ....not a chance!....and I'm just fine with that...

to answer the avengers question...am I devastated by this turn of events..? Of course not...I've had so many years of enjoying this team and it's unprecidented success that I am just sitting back and enjoying myself at this stage of the game....I have enough memories to last a lifetime...in fact, the NBA is not really that high on my list...I'm waiting until spring training in the hopes that my Dodgers and BoSox can somehow get back on track....and the NFL is my favorite sport of all....lifelong Ram fan...so I have been through many years of ups & downs....you kind of get a thick skin going through all the losing seasons....aside from the NFL, I spend most of my time watching golf, auto racing, and baseball...so I'm good....thanks for asking!

Duke,

I'm with you on this. Even though my Patriots went out sooner than I thought I still have the Bruins and the Red Sox. Since my hopes aren't that high about the Red Sox anyting they do will be a benefit. Back to the Celtics, this isn't your father's team. Never have I thought I woudn't be comfortable with a 27 point lead and not win the game. This team needs a makeover and yes it may mean a losing season or 2. i'm not delusional to think the Celtics will win the NBA title, that should've happened back in 2010. Things happen, it's sports. I enjoyed watching them yeaterday beat the Heat. I thought they were due for a win.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

The Lakers are still more likely to blow it up. Look for Pau and Dwight to be traded.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

I think arguing over which team potentially might make the 8th spot is the epitome of a waste of time.

Snakeoil, you are absolutely correct that even if both make the 8th spot, we ain't gonna meet in the playoffs, and, perhaps, for many years to come.

You may consider it a waste of time and a moot topic as it's not going to happen but it's maybe a less painful way to realize that LA might be stronger than us in the coming days !!! Many opinions on boards feel we are the better team but in a hypothetical scenario and you need not comment if you feel a waste of time, let's say we were to play a 7 game series now.

Unfortunately, I feel the Lakers would beat us even if Rondo had not gotten injured.  LA has won every game against us, I think(haven't verified this) since game 6 of finals 2 years ago. And why did they beat us---discount the egregious difference in foul shots game 7 with 41 to 18 and just 21 in the 4th Qtr when we had a 13 pt lead in the 3rd---they always won the rebound battle & the baskets that Bynum & Gasol didn't make in the post, they passed out to their mediocre shooters, except for Kobe, and the 2nd chance points were the difference.

Lakers really looked good vs OKC last night . Even aging Steve Nash made some floaters & drove to the basket & got 17 pts & made some great passes. Gasol got 16 pts and also a few assists. Kobe, although only getting 21 pts, low for him, did get 9 rebs and very important, 14 assists.

So, I think that LA would beat us as Howard & Gasol as did Bynum & Gasol would dominate the paint & get 10+ rebounds per game . We'd only have a chance creating turnovers, their not hitting their foul shots & shooting 5-10% better than they.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

good analysis......but then, I never thought the aging Celtics had a chance against Wilt & Co in 1968 (the Sixers were the strongest team in the league and the defending champions)

then in 1969, a year older, they fell behind Wilt's Lakers (with Baylor and West) two games to none and proceeded to win four of the next five, including game 7 in the Forum to shock the Lakers not to mention the odds makers and the sports world in general...

never under estimate "Celtic Pride".....you actually saw it on display again yesterday....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

agree....I was optimistic at the beginning or the year but I saw the age/chemistry problems fairly early on...to be honest I am more surprised by the Lakers' (lack of) performance.....neither team is capable of going very far in the playoffs at this point (if either team even makes it)...there are just too many younger and deeper teams.....and in a seven game series...? ....not a chance!....and I'm just fine with that...

to answer the avengers question...am I devastated by this turn of events..? Of course not...I've had so many years of enjoying this team and it's unprecidented success that I am just sitting back and enjoying myself at this stage of the game....I have enough memories to last a lifetime...in fact, the NBA is not really that high on my list...I'm waiting until spring training in the hopes that my Dodgers and BoSox can somehow get back on track....and the NFL is my favorite sport of all....lifelong Ram fan...so I have been through many years of ups & downs....you kind of get a thick skin going through all the losing seasons....aside from the NFL, I spend most of my time watching golf, auto racing, and baseball...so I'm good....thanks for asking!

If I was presently a Celtic fan, the NBA game wouldn't be high on my list either. Odd how winning puts the game back on top of the list. And Duke, you do indeed sound devastated. All of a sudden its the Dodgers and Sox. Admit it pal, you are one and done, done for probably 25 years if ever and the Lakers will thrive, they always do. And it will come clear to you if it isn't already that the Lakers are the all time best franchise. And to think we also have the Clippers. Amazing!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to lakersavenger's comment:

If I was presently a Celtic fan, the NBA game wouldn't be high on my list either. Odd how winning puts the game back on top of the list. And Duke, you do indeed sound devastated. All of a sudden its the Dodgers and Sox. Admit it pal, you are one and done, done for probably 25 years if ever and the Lakers will thrive, they always do. And it will come clear to you if it isn't already that the Lakers are the all time best franchise. And to think we also have the Clippers. Amazing!

Well given you have a worse record, and are in the lottery (without a pick) you are I'm sure, jumping on the Clipers bandwagon as your team of coice SUUUCKKS. THANKS JIMMMMMMMYYYYYY.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

In response to lakersavenger's comment:

Well given you have a worse record, and are in the lottery (without a pick) you are I'm sure, jumping on the Clipers bandwagon as your team of coice SUUUCKKS. THANKS JIMMMMMMMYYYYYY.

Yeah, he's pretty messed up!!

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to john reudametkin's comment:

What a somber board this has become. I was wrong, duke is not the only one devastated here. You're personal attacks only validate my observations here. Rondo's serious injury was the dagger. And remember this, no one comes back from an ACL tear the same. Rose will not be at the level he was before and neither will Rondo. It is one of the most serious injuries in the sport. Very bad news indeed for Boston. I would become a Bruin fan (eventhough I hate hockey) if I was a Celtic fan. Hey, you still have memories and memories count. Your pre modern era dominance was something. Be proud of that.

53 posts worth of observations!!!!  YUCK YUCK YUCK - yeah, you said a mouthful.

And it's YOUR personal attacks........................not YOU ARE

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Hey guys....just to settle you all down...I'm pretty happy right now.....sorry if you want me to be devastated...but I'm not...as I've said so many times before...

The Celtics are the greatest franchise in league history....while the Lakers are basically a .500 team once they get out of the (weak) Western Conference....our team just dominates.......as in 9-3 vs the Lakers and 17-4 vs the Western Conference

Really...what more is there to say..?  ...oh, right, almost forgot.....the Los Angeles Lakers actually have a losing record in the Finals...11-14 (.440).....Nice (Not) ....deal with it boys & girls...it is what it is..and you aren't even close to our Celtics....

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from john reudametkin. Show john reudametkin's posts

Why do I feel like I'm kicking a dead horse?

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

What a somber board this has become. I was wrong, duke is not the only one devastated here. You're personal attacks only validate my observations here. Rondo's serious injury was the dagger. And remember this, no one comes back from an ACL tear the same. Rose will not be at the level he was before and neither will Rondo. It is one of the most serious injuries in the sport. Very bad news indeed for Boston. I would become a Bruin fan (eventhough I hate hockey) if I was a Celtic fan. Hey, you still have memories and memories count. Your pre modern era dominance was something. Be proud of that.

53 posts worth of observations!!!!  YUCK YUCK YUCK - yeah, you said a mouthful.

And it's YOUR personal attacks........................not YOU ARE

ITS embarrassing being constantly corrected by the resident buffoon.

IT'S!!!!  It is embarassing......not the embarassment belongs to it!!

Just trying to continually help the uneducated!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

What is the most ironic thing is the Two proudest organizations in basketball are arguing over who makes the low seed in the playoffs and who misses. Wow this is what we come too