Celtics are just playing right now with Minny

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Re: Celtics are just playing right now with Minny

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

In response to chris33's comment:

That's insane.

Love isn't Kevin Garnett.

You're insane if you don't like that deal!

Please tell me why you are SO against KLove

Check out my Pats/Sports Blog: http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/" rel="nofollow">http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/

I don't have a problem as long as the Celts also shed some salary.  Minny has to take back salary to make the trade work.  The salary dump justifies the third pick.  Otherwise, Sully, #6 and #17 are a fair exchange for Love.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:

if you can get love for that...you do it!

This guy doesn't even want Love. 

do people even know who love is? everytime i watch love i alway's wish we had him...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to prakash's comment:

I don't have a problem as long as the Celts also shed some salary.  Minny has to take back salary to make the trade work.  The salary dump justifies the third pick.  Otherwise, Sully, #6 and #17 are a fair exchange for Love.

#6/#17/'16 BKN/Sully/Oly/Wallace for Love. Then money is open to sign someone good as well

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:

do people even know who love is? everytime i watch love i alway's wish we had him...

They all hear that Love can't play defense, which he really doesn't, and gets them all turned off. 

But, what they forget is that the Celtics were 26th in scoring and T17 in rebounds last season and getting a 25/12 player would really help.

Then everyone says, if Love is so good why isn't Minny good. Well Rubio is like a Rondo but much worse and that's about all they have. Pek (the center) is solid but cant stay healthy. Not to mention Minny has to play the Spurs, Clips, GSW, OKC, Dallas, HOU, POR, PHO all 3-4 times in  season which is twice as hard as the Celtics schedule.

Love would be surrounded by better talent here... Rondo, Green, Bass, Bradley (?) and that team would be a 5-8 seed in the East, given health. Also if the Celtics were able to dump Wallace's contract in the process, money would be open to have a decent shot at Melo or just go after a very solid role player and elevate them to a 3-5 seed.

Rondo and Love is a good start. A lot better than Sully, Oly and #6 in the draft. I see it as, we can make a rondo love tandem now and be a playoff team immediately and try and lure a 3rd star here or not get Love, trade Rondo and then hope to god the picks work out, which will be 4-5 years down the road at minimum. My fear is that the Celtics don't get Love and trade Do and end up like Indy, a team that misses the playoffs for seasons, keeps their picks and builds slowly and finally is ready to turn the corner and bang, they implode and find out they aren't good enough. Or we could end up like the Bobcats.

The safer route, imo, is get Love and try and lure a 3rd star or get very good role players

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"

Sully or Oly and 3 1st round picks, #6, #17, and a future 1st, is fair.
    If the Wolves don't want that then it's time to move on.
    [/QUOTE]

That's insane.
    Love isn't Kevin Garnett."

True - but the Garnett deal was better. Jefferson was A LOT better than Sully. 

I doubt the Wolves would take that deal anyhow. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bangkoker. Show bangkoker's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:

Like I said, Celtic fans will thank the Wolves, in the not so distant future, for not wanting Sully.

Agree

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bangkoker. Show bangkoker's posts

In response to prakash's comment:

#6/#17/'16 BKN/Sully/Oly/Wallace for Love. Then money is open to sign someone good as well

Too much.....we are giving up too much of our resources just for a player who will only give us play-off but not championship!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to bangkoker's comment:

Too much.....we are giving up too much of our resources just for a player who will only give us play-off but not championship!

How? We keep both 2015 firsts, our own '16-18 as well as BKN '17 swap and 18. 

Love > Sullinger

Olynyk can be replaced next season with a 20s 1st round pick.

Rondo and Love is a great start to contend and losing Wallace in the process opens the door to greatness.

Sullinger is good, nothing special, wont ever touch Love.

Sections
Shortcuts