Celtics are just playing right now with Minny

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Celtics are just playing right now with Minny

Reports say that the Celtics have yet to offer the Brooklyn picks or Jared Sullinger to Minnesota for Kevin Love.

This makes it a little more obvious as to why we have being left way behind in this race for Love.

This new trade of Love/Martin/#13 for Thompson/Lee is a horrible trade for Minny and doesn't help GS much. I think that's a big rumor. If Minny gets just Klay and Lee they will be right where they were last season or even worse with no future picks coming in either.

Once the BKN picks are on the table and Sully, its gametime

http://bostonherald.com/sports/celtics_nba/boston_celtics/2014/06/celtics_waiting_game_is_labor_of_love

Check out my Pats/Sports Blog: http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

Re: Celtics are just playing right now with Minny

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Reports say that the Celtics have yet to offer the Brooklyn picks or Jared Sullinger to Minnesota for Kevin Love.

This makes it a little more obvious as to why we have being left way behind in this race for Love.

This new trade of Love/Martin/#13 for Thompson/Lee is a horrible trade for Minny and doesn't help GS much. I think that's a big rumor. If Minny gets just Klay and Lee they will be right where they were last season or even worse with no future picks coming in either.

Once the BKN picks are on the table and Sully, its gametime

http://bostonherald.com/sports/celtics_nba/boston_celtics/2014/06/celtics_waiting_game_is_labor_of_love" rel="nofollow">http://bostonherald.com/sports/celtics_nba/boston_celtics/2014/06/celtics_waiting_game_is_labor_of_love

Check out my Pats/Sports Blog: http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/" rel="nofollow">http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/

[/QUOTE]

The Celtics, And Danny Ainge, are in the drivers seat in regards to BOTH Kevin Love with Minn, or trading Rondo and Green. Ainge has put this team in a very enviable position. It's just a matter of what THEY want to do. These are very smart guys, the owners, Ainge, n the rest. They are NOT going to blow this opurtunity without maxing it out. We all need to relax....and TRUST these guys. They want to WIN.....over money, but they also want to win for a LONG time

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

true

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If the Warriors also offer a 1st round pick then it's game over for the Celts.

Klay Thompson has more value than Sully right now.

[/QUOTE]

Actually Thompson would have to have more value than the sixth pick, Sully would be equivalent to Harrison Barnes in this situation as the second most valuable pieces in the respective deals.   The funny thing is most Minnesota fans seem to think Barnes is a much more attractive addition. 

I'm not a huge fan of Barnes and the guy seems to considered a bust in most circles, but it just goes to show how Sully is viewed outside of Boston.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I disagree on a couple of points, fellas.

Barnes is a 3 and Lee is a 4.  Sully is NOT better than Lee or Love, the person he would be replacing.  Adding Thompson to the mix only distances the two deals.  Flip wants players, not picks......that's what the rumor is, and we don't have the players to match David Lee, Harrison Barnes and Klay Thompson.

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+ 2

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Forget this. Draft smart, trade rondo. Get a few pieces and let Stevens do his job.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Because ONE Warriors future pick in 2016-2018 likely in the 25-30 range will be worth more than possibly TWO unprotected Nets picks those same years when the Nets could be horrible?

Incorrect

The drop from Thompson to Martin is the same as the gain from Lee to Love. Talent wise it is a wash for Golden State and Minnesota and Lee is around Martin's age, a guy just exiting his prime, while Thompson is around Love's age, a guy just entering his prime. W-A-S-H.

So what does that mean? The Warriors still won't beat the top 4 teams in the west and the T'Wolves will stay out of the playoffs and out of the top 5 of the lottery. Crummy deals for both.

Yes Thompson has more value than Sully right now, but he is also 2 years older and a year closer to free agency. Lee makes 30 million over the next 2 years, to do what? Help Minny battle for the 8th seed instead of going deeper into the lottery? Wallace (20 million) or Bass and Bogans (12m towards the trade, only 7 million total for MN to spend next season) will be just as good veteran influences for that roster and also get Minny top 10 picks and WAY more financial flexibility. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

It's game over for the Celtics if the sides discuss this deal:

Minny - Thompson, Barnes, Lee, Speights and a 2017 first rd pick

Golden State - Love, Martin and Brewer

That deal helps Minny more by adding Barnes and a pick to an offer that was a talent, $ and age wash.

It helps the Warriors more by giving them a bench scorer/defender in Brewer who doesn't fear anybody and is a better fit and glue guy than Barnes, a frustrating talent who isn't the style of player a contender build around Curry, Iggy, Love and Bogut needs. They also shed a few million more so if they have to go into the lux tax area it hurts less. The pick they give up is in the 25-30 range like the '09 pick the Celts gave up for KG. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to cabutan's comment:

[QUOTE]

+1 good one

Forget this. Draft smart, trade rondo. Get a few pieces and let Stevens do his job.

[/QUOTE]

Draft smart or draft Smart?

[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]

Like I said, Celtic fans will thank the Wolves, in the not so distant future, for not wanting Sully.

[/QUOTE]

I agree. Sully is good and is only going to get better 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Flip Saunders is way off if he wants a package of Lee/Thompson and a Warriors pick for Klove and Martin.

Lee and Thompson are combined worse than Love-Martin (mainly because of Love). The Warriors pick will be nothing better than a early 20s selection.

Lee/Thompson will give the Warriors less wins if anything and maybe keep them even. If the deal includes Lee/Thompson/Barnes then ok, I see where he's going with it but Lee and Klay will make them even if not worse and the pick isn't close to valuable.

We can offer #6/#17 and BKN picks in the future which is probably be lottery picks by then and Sullinger, who I really like but he's never going to turn into some All-NBA guy, just a 16-10 at best, can replace Love at the 4 for the time being.. Olynyk is another piece that could turn into something decent as well.

I honestly think Saunders is just blowing smoke right now. He knows that Klay/Lee doesn't put Minny anywhere and they wont even resign in Minny too.

Saunders knows that the Celtics have the best assets to offer but he and the owner cannot stand that they may give their best player to Boston again for the second time in 7 years. Their in denial over there folks.

Unless Minny gets Lee/Klay/Barnes and a 1st (which is highly unlikely), then the Celtics are the frontrunners or Minny just keeps him

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

[QUOTE]

Sully or Oly and 3 1st round picks, #6, #17, and a future 1st, is fair.

If the Wolves don't want that then it's time to move on.

[/QUOTE]

i agree 100%

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agree with this one.  It is fair only if it also facilitates some salary dump for the Celts.  That will improve the possibility of other supportive moves.

Rondo has been talking about how he wants to start playing for championships.  He will probably get moved before the draft.

On the crazy idea front, if there is any credibility to the Golden State and Minnesota proposal, how about a 3-way trade: Golden State gets Rondo, AB and Love, Minnesota gets Lee and Thompson and Boston gets Curry, Kevin Martin and #13.  Cap fillers can exchange hands as well. Golden State is in win now mode and Curry has criticized the firing of Mark Jackson.  Also, Love probably wants to play with Rondo. Minnesota gets the players that they "supposedly" want and Boston exchanges a star for another on a long term contract, picks up salary and another high draft pick.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Of course, that's the deal that I've been eyeing from the getgo. Apparently the Celtics have only offered 6/17/Oly so once they add Sully and BKN pick everything changes. It would be beautiful to see them take Wallace in a trade as well.

I just think when it comes down to it,unless GSW wildly overpays, its us or KLove stays

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's insane.

Love isn't Kevin Garnett.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to chris33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That's insane.

[/QUOTE]

You're insane if you don't like that deal!

Please tell me why you are SO against KLove

Check out my Pats/Sports Blog: http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to chris33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's insane.

[/QUOTE]

if you can get love for that...you do it!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:
    [QUOTE]

if you can get love for that...you do it!

[/QUOTE]

This guy doesn't even want Love. 

Sections
Shortcuts