Celtics are SOFT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8brd. Show sk8brd's posts

Celtics are SOFT

Larry, you think your team is soft? You haven't seen the celtics. They are worse. Even your Pacers showed more fight than this Celtic team. I don't know where to begin.  This loss was so disappointing, it was another blown opportunity by Doc. Hard to fathom how could a coach be 2-11 in closing out a series on the road. It is more embarassing even to be losing to an 8th seeded team. They really stunk last night. Rondo scked. There was no ball movement, too many turnovers (16), too many dunks and layups by philly(12). I could go on and on, but they (C's) they simply did not show up, and Doc, if your team isn't going to show up Saturday, would you mind let me know, so I would not need to waste another 2 hours of my life watching the team flunk.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Re: Celtics are SOFT

easy pal....lets not forget that in the last two seasons, in the final round of their playoff series, the Lakers went 1-8....that's an even worse percentage than the Celtics right...?   ....and how many were blowouts....?  ....talk about soft....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

they are playing just fine.

- i rather take the route of playing "hard" instead of playing a "bad dude"
    sharing & intellegent play will take us farther.

If any of our key player get suspended, we are in big trouble.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8brd. Show sk8brd's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics are SOFT:
    easy pal....lets not forget that in the last two seasons, in the final round of their playoff series, the Lakers went 1-8....that's an even worse percentage than the Celtics right...?   ....and how many were blowouts....?  ....talk about soft....
    Posted by Duke4

LA didn't went 1-8 against an 8 seed.  Why do we need to go 7 games against philly?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics are SOFT : LA didn't went 1-8 against an 8 seed.  Why do we need to go 7 games against philly?
    Posted by sk8brd

Because they are pretty decent and most of our players are held together by duct tape at this point in the season?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Because Philly young and athletic and we are injured.

Philly beat the a hurting Bulls team that was arguably the best team in basketball before the injury bug.

I would also ask Rondo why he is brilliant and alternately not consistent sometimes.   I love the kid but this is who he is.  Hopefully in game seven he dominates.  If not we are out.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

Maybe because our best defender is gone........and add to that Wilcox, O'Neil and Jeff Green. I'm not saying any are monsters, but better than what we put on at subs at 3, 4 and 5. Also, gives us a bit more length, size and athleticism.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" LA didn't went 1-8 against an 8 seed.  Why do we need to go 7 games against philly?"

Umm because Philly is young, athletic, healty and deep and we are none of those things. 

Right now the two teams are pretty evenly matched. 

You do realize we missed a ton of wide open shots right? 

#entitled fan alert!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Anyone who expected anything different last night has clearly not been paying attention up to this point.

The Celts aren't soft, they are old.  They couldn't finish off the Hawks when they had them down and can't do it againtst philly either.

They will win game 7 at home but an inability to go for the kill against inferior teams like ATL and Philly doesn't bode well for hanging with Miami, especially now that Bradley is done.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Anyone who expected anything different last night has clearly not been paying attention up to this point. The Celts aren't soft, they are old.  They couldn't finish off the Hawks when they had them down and can't do it againtst philly either.  They will win game 7 at home but an inability to go for the kill against inferior teams like ATL and Philly doesn't bode well for hanging with Miami, especially now that Bradley is done.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards

Definitely agree with you.  With Bradley out it is going to be difficult for them to win the next game.  Even if they advance I don't see them winning many games in the next round.  Of the remaining starters, Paul and Ray are both still playing with injuries.  KG and Rondo are healthy, but not very consistent. The only way that the Celtics have any success is if Rondo gives 100% effort every game, which he doesn't do all the time.  Also getting better production from their bench players. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In Response to Celtics are SOFT:
    Larry, you think your team is soft? You haven't seen the celtics. They are worse. Even your Pacers showed more fight than this Celtic team. I don't know where to begin.  This loss was so disappointing, it was another blown opportunity by Doc. Hard to fathom how could a coach be 2-11 in closing out a series on the road. It is more embarassing even to be losing to an 8th seeded team. They really stunk last night. Rondo scked. There was no ball movement, too many turnovers (16), too many dunks and layups by philly(12). I could go on and on, but they (C's) they simply did not show up, and Doc, if your team isn't going to show up Saturday, would you mind let me know, so I would not need to waste another 2 hours of my life watching the team flunk.
    Posted by sk8brd

No...the Celts aren't soft. They're just old and tired.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

In response to "Celtics are SOFT":
    Larry, you think your team is soft? You haven't seen the celtics. They are worse. Even your Pacers showed more fight than this Celtic team. I don't know where to begin.  This loss was so disappointing, it was another blown opportunity by Doc. Hard to fathom how could a coach be 2-11 in closing out a series on the road. It is more embarassing even to be losing to an 8th seeded team. They really stunk last night. Rondo scked. There was no ball movement, too many turnovers (16), too many dunks and layups by philly(12). I could go on and on, but they (C's) they simply did not show up, and Doc, if your team isn't going to show up Saturday, would you mind let me know, so I would not need to waste another 2 hours of my life watching the team flunk. Posted by sk8brd
    Just hang tight there skippy, it is a 7 game series with game 7 on sat night. We all understand what your saying but the C's have been doing this ALL year. I can tell you've just started watching them come playoff time. When we Win game 7 then give Miami all they can handle you won't think they are soft at all. Miami has got their fair share of holes too. Let the series play out and talk later......the C's are certainly not soft at all. You'll see.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Celts are not playing soft, but rather just not playing consistent ball. Remember they are old(the big 3) and they have some serious injuries.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8brd. Show sk8brd's posts

Celts are not playing soft, but rather just not playing consistent ball. Remember they are old(the big 3) and they have some serious injuries.
    Posted by antiqueman1

why make injuries an excuse for this team for not winning.  There is really no excuse.  The Heat just finished off the Pacers without Bosh and Haslem.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

their stars are younger than ours...we are using a fith string Center picked up at the last minute on the way to the game...Hollins,because our rookie(steemer) got hurt or is soft...Kg at center because of non factor Oneil, and thats just halft of it...no Excuses..????
    I guess...to me every game that we remain, is an overachievement...every team besides SA is younger and faster than us...and SA is healthy...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

The Pacers were called soft because they didnt retaliate after those two hard fowls..Bird still hurts from lambier giving the choke hold...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Maybe because our best defender is gone........and add to that Wilcox, O'Neil and Jeff Green. I'm not saying any are monsters, but better than what we put on at subs at 3, 4 and 5. Also, gives us a bit more length, size and athleticism.
    Posted by terrrapin

Danny knew Wilcox, Green and JON were going to be out before the trade deadline. He could have made a trade to help Boston's playoff run, but he chose to do nothing to updrade Boston's old and injured roster.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics are SOFT : why make injuries an excuse for this team for not winning.  There is really no excuse.  The Heat just finished off the Pacers without Bosh and Haslem.
    Posted by sk8brd

The Heat have Lebron and Wade.

The Cs have old legs that get tired. And jumpshots start missing due to fatigue. Yes Injuries. Those are not excuses but facts. Should the Cs have finished off the 76ers already, yes.

Oh, and Pacers are not up to Heat caliber yet either. I am surprised it went 6

Sections
Shortcuts